JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
@TmpGuy Hi. I am still working on getting the subtitles to add them self to the folder and i was going trough your previous comments. " The other way you can enable subtitles is just by choosing Rescan Files, and it should find the subtitles. " could you please explain this little deeper, i don't seam to get it to work.

Sure. What I mean is that if the subtitle (similar to movies) has the movie ID in the name, it should find the subtitle and mark it as belonging to the movie. For external subtitles, like srt files, you typically need them to be named the same as the movie for the movie player to be able to find them.

I'll show you what I mean. Here's one of my subtitled movies, HAVD-990:

1711300110892.png

Since the srt file (the subtitle file) has the ID in it, and is the same name as the movie, when JavLuv scans this folder, it will automatically find and associate this subtitle with the movie. Here's what you'll see when that happens.

1711300443650.png

If you can't get this to work, probably the easiest way to add a subtitle is to right-click on the cover image, and just click "Import subtitles...". You'll then be prompted to select the subtitle file, and it will get copied and renamed to the appropriate location.

1711300674589.png

Hopefully one of those methods works for you.

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
@TmpGuy Hi Again.
I testested yesterday and found that when i add a movie lets say "uuuu.mp4" and "uuuu.srt" in the scanning folder the system will make the movie folder and add movie and srt file there as you say. Super, exactly what i want.
That is very good when you start a fresh and have non sorted subtitle files together with movie files together in same folder.
But if the subtitle files are in sorted folders it doesn't work. The system doesn't scan deeper as the ground folder for subtitle files. Now means i cant add and subtile files to old movies except i do it manually one by one. Can you not make that the system will scan deeper ?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
@TmpGuy Hi Again.
I testested yesterday and found that when i add a movie lets say "uuuu.mp4" and "uuuu.srt" in the scanning folder the system will make the movie folder and add movie and srt file there as you say. Super, exactly what i want.
That is very good when you start a fresh and have non sorted subtitle files together with movie files together in same folder.
But if the subtitle files are in sorted folders it doesn't work. The system doesn't scan deeper as the ground folder for subtitle files. Now means i cant add and subtile files to old movies except i do it manually one by one. Can you not make that the system will scan deeper ?

Are you talking about the sorted subtitles which are managed by JavLuv?

If so, correct, that doesn't happen automatically. The reason I don't automatically import subtitles from the sorted subtitles folder is that there's no guarantee that a movie has only one subtitle file. A movie might have multiple subtitle files, due to different versions floating around on the internet. There would be no simple way of determining which is the higher quality version, so I just haven't attempted it. Instead, I currently just dump them to a single folder and let the user sort them out, then import them manually.

Are you familiar with the right-click "Find subtitles..." option in the browser view? At the very least, that helps to match up all your movies with any available subtitles, which eliminates the need to try to search for subtitles one by one. I know that feature is still kind of half-baked. At some point, I'd like to enhance it if possible to make mass importing easier, but for now, you're limited to managing subtitles somewhat manually.

Last edited:

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Find subtitle funktion, on what level can this be used or how deep in folders will it search ?

That function works by searching all sorted subtitles, assuming you point to that folder in Settings => Subtitles, and it matches them up to any currently selected movies that don't currently have subtitles. It would then ask you to point to a folder, and it will copy all matches to that designated folder.

So, select all your movies with Ctrl-A, right-click and select Find Subtitles..., and it should copy all matching subtitles to a folder you choose (just make a temp folder). From there, you can go through and import them to movies manually if you choose.

Last edited:

stayfree

Nov 24, 2010
Just started using JavLuv and its Great !

The torrents i used to download normally come with all sort of unrelated jpg/images, Javluv picks them up during the generation of metadata. To work around this, I go into the folder and delete the mention images, rescan them, regenerate metadata.

If there another way ? As there is way too many to manually do this. ^^|

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013

The torrents i used to download normally come with all sort of unrelated jpg/images, Javluv picks them up during the generation of metadata. To work around this, I go into the folder and delete the mention images, rescan them, regenerate metadata.

Sorry, not really. If JavLuv sees an image with the movie ID in the name while scanning, it assumes that's the cover image. I'll think about ways to mitigate this in the future.

Ryokurin

May 11, 2007

Assuming you are using qB, add the files to the Excluded File Names option under downloads. Make sure the names also includes the extensions.

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
The Read only mode, is there a quick fix for that or do i realy have to start all over again with downloading metadata

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
The Read only mode, is there a quick fix for that or do i realy have to start all over again with downloading metadata

You'll have to at least tell me what's wrong before I can answer that. What about read-only mode isn't working?

lock_on

Jan 22, 2023
Hello @TmpGuy
It's been almost one year I used JavLuv and it's running so well.
I just found out that when I using the Find Subtitle feature, I can easily find the correct subtitle in the organized directory. But, if I have the movie name has a suffix for example: "ABC-001-uncen.mp4" ; It seems the feature only copy the subtitle to the folder target location with the subtitle name not changed. So I have "ABC-001.srt" instead of "ABC-001-uncen.srt". Can it be done to automatically adjust the subtitle name to be the same as the movie name?
Even though in JavLuv shown that the movie has a subtitle, but when I play it, the subtitle won't show because of the different name of the files.

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
I have another question. On Kodi when you see the movie list they are only showing as TITLE but I like to see the DVD-ID also. I think Kodi takes the TITLE from the .inf file. How do i do in Javluv to show the TITLE Including DVD-ID.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Hello @TmpGuy
It's been almost one year I used JavLuv and it's running so well.
I just found out that when I using the Find Subtitle feature, I can easily find the correct subtitle in the organized directory. But, if I have the movie name has a suffix for example: "ABC-001-uncen.mp4" ; It seems the feature only copy the subtitle to the folder target location with the subtitle name not changed. So I have "ABC-001.srt" instead of "ABC-001-uncen.srt". Can it be done to automatically adjust the subtitle name to be the same as the movie name?
Even though in JavLuv shown that the movie has a subtitle, but when I play it, the subtitle won't show because of the different name of the files.

The Find Subtitle feature works, but is admittedly half-baked. However, this can be done semi-manually after finding subtitles. When you find a subtitle match, you can right-click on a movie poster and select "Import subtitles...", I believe it should name the subtitle the same as the movie while it's copying and registering it with JavLuv.

I have another question. On Kodi when you see the movie list they are only showing as TITLE but I like to see the DVD-ID also. I think Kodi takes the TITLE from the .inf file. How do i do in Javluv to show the TITLE Including DVD-ID.

You can only do this in the browser view at present by checking the "Show ID" checkbox.

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009

Best way it to go into the torrent at the point of download and the just Unselect downloading of those files, they can even stop torrents completing as no one downloads them usually.

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
Can anyone recommend decent sites to download subs from please or does anyone have a link to files they can PM me. I havent got filejoker tbh.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Reactions: Moxy

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Can anyone recommend decent sites to download subs from please or does anyone have a link to files they can PM me. I havent got filejoker tbh.

I know you said "not filejoker", but that's what I use to share them. I use JavLuv to maintain a collection of subtitles posted in that thread. There are over 34K subtitles in various languages. The collection is under 500mb, so even a free account should be able to download it. Bonus: it's sorted for use in JavLuv, so you can match them up against your collection to see what's available, which is otherwise very time-consuming.

I could upload the collection to RapidGator if that works better for you. Or, as @SamKook mentioned, you can find and download the attached zip files directly from that thread.

Reactions: Moxy

bestbuy

Jan 8, 2023
Hi TmpGuy - I would like to suggest to include RM checkbox same as you do with Hard Subtiled checkbox and the add to the filtering criteria so that RM videos can be identified as a workaround.
1712609932699.png

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Hi TmpGuy - I would like to suggest to include RM checkbox same as you do with Hard Subtiled checkbox and the add to the filtering criteria so that RM videos can be identified as a workaround.
View attachment 3465465
Can this be the old Real Media files from back in the day???