JavLuv JAV Browser

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
Well, I've been doing some maintenance on my collection to try to week out dupes. Sometimes the issue is that I will download a movie, then see an uncensored version, and then see a sub-titled version! I tried to figure out which one was my preference. I notice that JavLuv will pick up all versions so one option is to simply keep them all. I did pick up about 320 GB of space!

That being said, the bigger deal is to replace a lower-resolution movie with a higher-resolution version. I notice that is one of the new features and that JavLuv will query you as to whether you wish to replace. Personally, I would like the option that once that query is made, there is a check box to "replace all lower resolution with higher resolution version." I'm lazy and like the global replacement. I suppose there could also be an option to "replace all lower resolution with higher resolution and delete lower resolution."

I'm very much opposed to a "do this for all files" automated option because this is a destructive operation. That is, you're allowing JavLuv to actually delete the existing movie(s) in your collection to be replaced with the new movie(s). The ID identification algorithms are, I think, fairly robust at this point, but there are still cases out there in which movies may get mis-identified, and with this option, it could accidentally lead to losing data.

So, given that there's no way I can guarantee 100% that JavLuv isn't actually mis-reading the new ID somehow, and therefore might replace your existing file with the wrong movie, it's very important that people actually check each file to ensure that's what they really want to do. Remember that JavLuv makes no distinction between one of your carefully curated and named movies it just hasn't scanned yet versus a random movie you just downloaded named orignsbkeroxxjvigms359qbqfbn7rtnwu1j31bin.mp4, which is pretty much guaranteed to produce an arbitrary (and incorrect) ID based on all that garbage filename.

Reactions: Moxy

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
I'm very much opposed to a "do this for all files" automated option because this is a destructive operation. That is, you're allowing JavLuv to actually delete the existing movie(s) in your collection to be replaced with the new movie(s). The ID identification algorithms are, I think, fairly robust at this point, but there are still cases out there in which movies may get mis-identified, and with this option, it could accidentally lead to losing data.

So, given that there's no way I can guarantee 100% that JavLuv isn't actually mis-reading the new ID somehow, and therefore might replace your existing file with the wrong movie, it's very important that people actually check each file to ensure that's what they really want to do. Remember that JavLuv makes no distinction between one of your carefully curated and named movies it just hasn't scanned yet versus a random movie you just downloaded named orignsbkeroxxjvigms359qbqfbn7rtnwu1j31bin.mp4, which is pretty much guaranteed to produce an arbitrary (and incorrect) ID based on all that garbage filename.
Fair enough. I see your point.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
I noticed that you just released a new version of JavLuv so I downloaded and installed it (I've been keeping the same directory and just installing over the previous versions--is this okay or should I uninstall and then install new?).

Anyway, it installed fine and then I tried to scan for new movies. Same error and then I notice that I could not access "Settings." It was grayed out. I then exited the program (it asked if I wanted to exit while movies were being imported). I then tried to restart the program and now it will not open.

I was tempted to uninstall it and then reinstall but thought I would reach out to you first and seek your advice. Anything I can do to help troubleshoot these issues? I'm tempted to go back about two versions since that one seemed not to have these issues.

Thanks!

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
It sounds like the process somehow hung. You can find and force close JavLuv, or if you're not sure how to do that, you can just reboot your machine.

Generally speaking, it's fine to install right over the top of the current installation. No need to uninstall first.

Let me know if you're still getting errors / hangs on scanning after you reboot and install the new version. If so, I'll look into things a bit more closely.

Reactions: Not2srius

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Error scanning file MIBD-126.jpg. MIBD-126 already exists in collection.
Folder: F:\3smalljav\Madoka Ozawa 小沢まどか Collection (1996-2003)\Madoka Ozawa - Hyper Digital Mosaic (MIBD-126)
Files: MIBD-126.jpg MIBD-126.mp4 MIBD-126.mp4.jpg

lot of this in the scan report
how can i prevent this kind of logs ?
so i can read the " other error "
is it possible for ignore this kind of error ?
because it not a big deal ( for me... ) ( files already exists in collection is good thing .. its not bad thing )
sorry if i have been asked this before ,,,.

By any chance, do you keep your movies in a shared folder, as opposed to one folder per movie? If so, this might explain why you're getting so many errors about "already exists in collection". It's only supposed to report that if there's an actual duplicate, not if you're just recanning your collection.

I'll be looking into this.

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
What is this "importing movies" task that often appears in the lower left corner after rescanning folders? It's very slow, basically no visible progress at all, and it's unclear exactly what it is doing. If I force a close of JavLuv I get a " do you really want to close while scanning movies?" message.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
What is this "importing movies" task that often appears in the lower left corner after rescanning folders? It's very slow, basically no visible progress at all, and it's unclear exactly what it is doing. If I force a close of JavLuv I get a " do you really want to close while scanning movies?" message.

Yeah, looking into some scanner-related issues. I just managed to reproduce an issue some were having. I'll probably have to post another patch soon.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
This is the issue I'm having, often with the attached message.

Attachments

• Screenshot (171).png
    Screenshot (171).png
    2.2 MB · Views: 69

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Yeah, I just figured out to reproduce that error. I'm debugging as we speak, and will get a patch out soon.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
By any chance, do you keep your movies in a shared folder, as opposed to one folder per movie? If so, this might explain why you're getting so many errors about "already exists in collection". It's only supposed to report that if there's an actual duplicate, not if you're just recanning your collection.

I'll be looking into this.
oh. i have 10 movies that is not in the folder yet
.i will make the folder for it and rescan

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
oh. i have 10 movies that is not in the folder yet
.i will make the folder for it and rescan

I didn't mean to imply you were doing anything wrong. The point is, I think you may be seeing the result of a bug that needs fixing, not a case of actual duplicates being reported.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
So it looks like the issue is that I was accidentally picking up extra image files, and trying to process them as though movies are being imported. Since in the import function I'm assuming there's always an associated movie there, it's crashing and causing the scanner to hang indefinitely. I should probably have a fix in place tomorrow sometime.

In the meantime, turn off the auto-import option, and instead of crashing, you'll see an error list of images that don't have associated movies.

Reactions: weppin

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
Will try that fix.

Did you ever get the "T28" ID issue sorted out? I still have movie info screens that show up with half a dozen different T28 movies listed under them.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
So it looks like the issue is that I was accidentally picking up extra image files, and trying to process them as though movies are being imported. Since in the import function I'm assuming there's always an associated movie there, it's crashing and causing the scanner to hang indefinitely. I should probably have a fix in place tomorrow sometime.

In the meantime, turn off the auto-import option, and instead of crashing, you'll see an error list of images that don't have associated movies.
where is the auto-import function? Did you mean Enable Automatic Move/Rename?

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
It's the check box on the search pop-up dialogue box. It's strange because I would have sworn I was getting that "importing" error even before I enabled that check box. I tend to avoid destructive editing on behalf of a computer program if I can avoid it.

But, I unchecked that box and my searches went back to the old-fashioned long string of 'duplicate" messages.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Will try that fix.

Did you ever get the "T28" ID issue sorted out? I still have movie info screens that show up with half a dozen different T28 movies listed under them.

Yes, you'll need to remove those old entries and rescan your movies. JavLuv should recognize T28 IDs properly now, even if it's in a form like T28xxx (needed a special rule for these).

1672861511642.png

I'll post the new version when I'm comfortable it's working well (so far so good), but for now, just disable this option in the Scan Movies dialog.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Yes, you'll need to remove those old entries and rescan your movies. JavLuv should recognize T28 IDs properly now, even if it's in a form like T28xxx (needed a special rule for these).

View attachment 3132904

I'll post the new version when I'm comfortable it's working well (so far so good), but for now, just disable this option in the Scan Movies dialog.
Got it--I was looking under Settings. And that does fix the issue.

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009

This is exactly why I dont use it. Sometimes Ive run across these upscales many times that are worse and also I change my favourite films to higher rez in some cases if its 4:3 then add a border and then ones at 1080p can be from 6gb original to 18gb when converted to 60FPS. This is why I would rather do any destruction with very very controlled gloves but all power to people that want it but just include the toggle always :)

bestbuy

Jan 8, 2023
Found a bug where if the video online resources info not found it will indicate not found instead of generating metadata from local files which is what I have in the settings, it used to work. Even if I change the title manually it will revert to the not 'found label' after doing regenerate metadata function. Also if I try to manually add actresses and leave the video details and try to open it again it will throw an error.

1673199708933.png1673200121542.png

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Found a bug where if the video online resources info not found it will indicate not found instead of generating metadata from local files which is what I have in the settings, it used to work. Even if I change the title manually it will revert to the not 'found label' after doing regenerate metadata function. Also if I try to manually add actresses and leave the video details and try to open it again it will throw an error.

View attachment 3136318View attachment 3136322

Yeah, I'm looking into that now. What I think is going on is one of the new movie scrapers is interpreting a "not found" page as the movie title, so it never reaches the code that adds the movie when it hasn't been found. I need to remember to test new scrapers against bogus IDs.

The date-time-related crash is known to me. I thought I had ensured the format wouldn't be put in a bad state, but I think I need to handle this at the conversion level for extra safety.

Thanks for the report.

Reactions: bestbuy