JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

headcrusher

Oct 21, 2021
I don't know if it's already asked or featured in the program since I reinstalled Windows few days ago and I didn't installed it yet again. But is there a way to sort the videos in Hard Drives? I have like 7 hard drives full of JAV, but there's always 3 disks I can't use. And sometimes is kinda annoying to click in a video that doesn't play because it's in another disk.

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
I don't know if it's already asked or featured in the program since I reinstalled Windows few days ago and I didn't installed it yet again. But is there a way to sort the videos in Hard Drives? I have like 7 hard drives full of JAV, but there's always 3 disks I can't use. And sometimes is kinda annoying to click in a video that doesn't play because it's in another disk.
I have about 6 HDs with a total of 5556 Movies and It works flawless. What I suggest you do is force assign drive letters to each drive via windows and that way, when they are mounted, they will always mount to the right drive letter so JavLuv can find and play them correctly. After you are done, I suggest clearing out the old data and rescanning your drives with JavLuv.

Note: You are best to use drive letters to the back end of the alphabet like RSTUVQXYZ kind of deal and that way, if you mount any flash drives or other externals, they can use EFGHIJK and so on.

Should be same for windows 11 also.

Reactions: Zhonda

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
Every movie in my collection gets converted to .mp4 without re-encoding. You should look into using ffmpeg from the command line. Pretty much all the video converters out there have ffmpeg "under the hood" but it is very easy to use from the command line yourself.

I use ffmpeg to change the container to mp4 and cut off the annoying Chinese ads that many movies have had added to them. As an example the command line input can look like this:

ffmpeg -ss 00:01:15 -to 02:15:00 -i "Javmovie.wmv" -vcodec copy -c:a aac "Javmovie.mp4"

This starts copying the stream at 1m15 and stops at 2h15 and changes the container from mwv to mp4. This whole process takes 30 seconds and is lossless. Depending on the power of your hardware re-encoding the same file from wmv to mp4 could take an hour or more. The only benefit of re-encoding is a smaller output file at the (in the best case unnoticeable) expense of video quality.
I personally use Avidemux. Its so fast, free, open source and can change to any container type. It supports batch files and I think theres a linux version.

I also use Hybrid for everything else and can even convert to 60fps from a 23-30fps source. I convert all my favourite scenes :)
If anyone wants to know how to set it up for 60fps then im more than happy to write a small tutorial.

Hybrid is open source.

Kymua

Dec 5, 2022
Thank you very much for creating such a useful program. It has really helped me get a more structured overview of the far too many JAV titles I have downloaded over the years many of which I hadn't bothered to sort.

One thing that would improve the program for me is being able to search the Japanese title field of the movies. As it is, it seems like the search option searches tags, the English title field, the file name, actress names and the notes, but not the Japanese title field?

It would also be useful if the Japanese titles could be displayed in the overview sections, but this is presumably a more difficult thing to implement.

Again, thank you for your work on the program!

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
Thank you very much for creating such a useful program. It has really helped me get a more structured overview of the far too many JAV titles I have downloaded over the years many of which I hadn't bothered to sort.

One thing that would improve the program for me is being able to search the Japanese title field of the movies. As it is, it seems like the search option searches tags, the English title field, the file name, actress names and the notes, but not the Japanese title field?

It would also be useful if the Japanese titles could be displayed in the overview sections, but this is presumably a more difficult thing to implement.

Again, thank you for your work on the program!

Not searching the Japanese name field was just an oversight. I'll make sure that's corrected in the next patch.

As far as Japanese name display... that's a bit more complicated. I've partially got the Japanese language version working (it's the first option in settings). If you switch to Japanese language and regenerate your movie metadata, you'd see all your movie metadata in Japanese. You can also see some test Japanese text in the UI.

1670264045469.png

1670264078398.png

Unfortunately, when I added actress support, I ran into some trouble. The websites I found for getting actress data can only searched by their English names (why?), which makes things much more difficult for Japanese language support.

1670264146599.png

So, I'm trying to figure out to solve this. I either need to find Japanese-language source websites to scrape, or figure out a way to temporarily use English names as a way to get Japanese-language names when in Japanese language mode (a ridiculously roundabout way to do this, of course). As a result, full Japanese language support is lagging behind a bit.

If you want to rescan your library in Japanese, you're welcome to do so, but be aware you won't be able to use the Actresses management function until I get that fully supported. Otherwise, you can wait until I get that figured out.

Note: I just ran into an internal crash in the actress scraper that was causing some problems in the Japanese version, so either way, you'll want to wait until the next release of JavLuv before doing this.

Reactions: Kymua

headcrusher

Oct 21, 2021
I have about 6 HDs with a total of 5556 Movies and It works flawless. What I suggest you do is force assign drive letters to each drive via windows and that way, when they are mounted, they will always mount to the right drive letter so JavLuv can find and play them correctly. After you are done, I suggest clearing out the old data and rescanning your drives with JavLuv.

Note: You are best to use drive letters to the back end of the alphabet like RSTUVQXYZ kind of deal and that way, if you mount any flash drives or other externals, they can use EFGHIJK and so on.

Should be same for windows 11 also.

Sorry I didn't explain myself. I didn't mean Windows or JavLuv don't read those disks. What I mean is that I cannot connect those disks because I don't have available sata ports.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Sorry I didn't explain myself. I didn't mean Windows or JavLuv don't read those disks. What I mean is that I cannot connect those disks because I don't have available sata ports.

My suggestion would be to put your movies into a unique folder for each drive. You can search by paths in JavLuv. So when searching, just include or exclude the paths you want to see or don't see using that folder name. To include a drive, just add the name in the search box. To exclude it, add a minus in front of the name.

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
You could buy some cheap caddys or if the drives are SSDs like some of mine or 2.5 inch HDDs then you can use a SATA to USB adaptor which are about £5 on amazon. That must be a pain. I have a 5 external mount device that allows me to dupe drives and or mount 4 HDDs from 1 device.

This is the one I use: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07BJL7SP1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I sympathise with you :) I first watched Jav in 2008 after getting upset with Western stuff. I couldn't get around the censorship but the content was 10000% better than anything Id seen before but I exclusively watch Lesbian and theres no shortage :)

My collection is now 5500+ movies and most range from 4-12GB. I have one I enhanced and changed to 60fps and its 22GB :) I am a real obsession and JavLuv is a life saver so thank you TempGuy for creating this Gem of a program.

Reactions: TmpGuy

headcrusher

Oct 21, 2021
You could buy some cheap caddys or if the drives are SSDs like some of mine or 2.5 inch HDDs then you can use a SATA to USB adaptor which are about £5 on amazon. That must be a pain. I have a 5 external mount device that allows me to dupe drives and or mount 4 HDDs from 1 device.

This is the one I use: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07BJL7SP1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I sympathise with you :) I first watched Jav in 2008 after getting upset with Western stuff. I couldn't get around the censorship but the content was 10000% better than anything Id seen before but I exclusively watch Lesbian and theres no shortage :)

My collection is now 5500+ movies and most range from 4-12GB. I have one I enhanced and changed to 60fps and its 22GB :) I am a real obsession and JavLuv is a life saver so thank you TempGuy for creating this Gem of a program.

I'm scanning my disks and I'll try what TmpGuy says.

Same case with me. I consume the regular format where films are between 5-9 (for long movies). Right now I don't feel I need anything with better quality. The problem is that when I'm horny I have in mind downloading few movies... but then I discover 4 new actresses and a new series, and I end up with +40 videos, so I have to keep getting new hdds.

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
I'm scanning my disks and I'll try what TmpGuy says.

Same case with me. I consume the regular format where films are between 5-9 (for long movies). Right now I don't feel I need anything with better quality. The problem is that when I'm horny I have in mind downloading few movies... but then I discover 4 new actresses and a new series, and I end up with +40 videos, so I have to keep getting new hdds.
Join the club. I started with a 300gb drive or something and used to burn them to DVDs but I hate to think how much Ive spend on Hard drives over the years.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
i know this is not right place again
but can you share the " japanese phase or short word " that you hear in the movies please ??
i see you share your list once in this forum in some topic but i dont know how to dig it

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013

reimo68

Jul 4, 2022
@TmpGuy are those your star ratings in the image on the first page? It’s interesting to see what are some of TMPguy’s top rated lesbian JAV titles :D

It would be cool to see what all of your 5-star rated lesbian titles are. Is it a big list?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Here are all my current 5-star movies:
1670790470129.png
1670790510108.png

As you can see, I mostly collect lesbian movies, although I'll also collect some solo films, like masturbation, dance, fashion, etc. I've got a total of 2109 sorted movies taking up over 8TB of disk space, plus a handful of unsorted.

You can pretty much see a record of how many lesbian films an actress has done in relatively recent films by looking at my actress view. Yui Hatano claims the top spot, followed by Hibiki Otsuki. Ayu Sakura ranks high mostly because I'm a huge fan of hers, I've made a great effort to collect all her lesbian movies*, since she retired years ago. Aoi Kururugi is one of my newer favorites, as well as (no surprise) Azusa Misaki. She's the one on my portrait pic right now, taken from HAVD-990. Momo Hazuki really needs to pair up with Azusa more often (or in general, do more lesbian movies). The two times she did, their movies made my five-star list.
1670791331704.png

My library is sorted using #3 example settings on the wiki: https://github.com/JavLuv/JavLuv/wiki/Automatic-Move-and-Rename#example-3

One of my favorite things to do in JavLuv (especially with the new actress detail view), is to find all movies by an actress, and sort movies from oldest to newest, essentially showing her career work. A new feature in the latest version makes this even more fun. You can optionally show the actress' age when that movie was first released (option in Settings). Of course, this doesn't work as well for omnibus titles, but who cares?

I'm kind of picky about movie quality too. The bane of my JAV-collecting existence is the huge number of watermarked movies, like those damned "88Thz.Com" watermarks all over the place, and others even worse. My next project might be creating a new watermark-removing algorithm. The current ones suck badly, mostly just leaving behind a blurry mess. I think we can do a lot better, especially with advances in AI-powered algorithms.

* Speaking of Ayu and nasty watermarks, if anyone has a clean HD version of TYOD-229, I'd be eternally grateful. Hell, I'd even take a clean SD version.

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
Heres some of my 5 stars. work in progress. I only watch Lesbian Actress movie count second.Screenshot 2022-12-12 011300.jpg Capture.JPGOtsuki is mine with about 190. I haven't added the missing pics yet Capture.JPG

rezuman666

Jul 11, 2022
I'm kind of picky about movie quality too. The bane of my JAV-collecting existence is the huge number of watermarked movies, like those damned "88Thz.Com" watermarks all over the place, and others even worse. My next project might be creating a new watermark-removing algorithm. The current ones suck badly, mostly just leaving behind a blurry mess. I think we can do a lot better, especially with advances in AI-powered algorithms.

* Speaking of Ayu and nasty watermarks, if anyone has a clean HD version of TYOD-229, I'd be eternally grateful. Hell, I'd even take a clean SD version.
You need Emload premium, but there's a clean 1080p version here. I don't have it either, but I put it on my wishlist so I will get it sometime in the near future when I feel it's time for another month of Emload premium. Totally relate with the Thz watermark frustration, a big chunk of my collection has it. I've been jumping on every chance to upgrade to a clean HD version, which I often find on maxjav. Also more recently sextb has been great at uploading links to clean HD movies, oftentimes for movies which only had watermarked or SD versions before. They post links on JavLib. As an example, VANDR-003 was highly wanted title of mine but I couldn't find it anywhere, not even in lousy SD. Then sextb suddenly pops up with a clean HD version.

Reactions: Moxy

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Reactions: rezuman666 and Moxy