JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
I would like to be able to sort my database by: 1) uncensored; 2) subtitles.

I understand that you have a option on the main page "show subtitles only." However this does not capture videos with the subtitles hard encoded into the movie. How about on the movie description page you create a box to check if I know it has subtitles? The same thing for uncensored titles. And those are then sortable?

A flag for subtitles is on the to-do list. I think it makes sense for subtitles since this is already explicitly supported, and it should tie in to soft subs.

I'm leaning against doing the same thing for uncensored. You can already do the same thing by simply adding "Uncensored" either to the genre tags or the notes field. I don't want to start adding a bunch of one-off properties if I can help it, because the list could be never-ending. Personally, I do the same thing for movies that have extra watermarks, so I can avoid them if I want.

Can you explain how Javluv handles dealing with flies that have been moved manually?

I'm constantly sorting films and moving them from one folder to another. If Javluv has recorded data of a film as being in one location, and I then move it manually, what happens if I try to open the movie in Javluv? Will Javluv self-correct if I rescan a directory with the newly moved files in it? Or will I get a "this movie is already in another location" error message?

I would ideally like Javluv to recognize that a file has been moved and update accordingly, instead of getting an error message about a duplicate file.

I understand that Javluv has the ability to move files, and it does it well and I do use it, but I also move files over a network connection when I don't have access to Javluv on my main pc.

This is where an Android port of Javluv would shine!!

Another thing I think would be useful is to be able to export the sometimes very lengthy error messages Javluv generates after a directory scan. As of now I am manually copy/pasting that info and it can be problematic when the file is hundreds of lines long!

BTW, I finally scanned all my various directories and have come up at over 4,000 JAV! Crazy, right?!

I must say, doing a "CTRL + A" to select all can be a laggy experience! For things like subtitle searching or "playing a random movie". I still would like a specific "play random movie" button/shortcut.

Thanks again, despite all the quirks Javluv is performing superbly and is doing a welcome job of helping to organize years of JAV collecting! I "luv" it. :)

I think it would be possible for JavLuv to check to see if a movie has been moved before declaring it a duplicate. Obviously, at the moment it doesn't do that. I'll add that to the to-do list.

Android port: sorry, very unlikely to happen in the near future, if ever. This app is written in C# (no problem there) and WPF (Windows specific). So I'd either need to rewrite the front-end UI entirely, or port it to Avalonia, which is cross-platform. For the record - what sort of form factor would you be interested in? Phone, tablet, or other?

I've noticed CTRL-A takes a while. I've got 2000 movies, so I can imagine it's even worse for 4000 movies. I'm using a third-party control for the browser views, and I'm not sure there's much I can do about that. Maybe I can file a bug with the maintainers or something.

I have been running into some issues attempting to change a cover image. Since of of my videos shares a code with multiple different videos it ended up scanning the wrong one. I manually changed the metadata and added the correct cover image but it doesn't show up properly in the thumbnail view but when I click on the specific video it shows up then.

Seems like the thumbnail just isn't updating for some reason. Maybe try move the movie to force a regeneration of the thumbnail, or remove and rescan the movie perhaps? Let me know if these don't work, and we can try some other fix.

Edit: just curious, did you change the cover manually without using the right-click "Import cover image..." or "Paste" commands? Because that would explain why the thumbnail wouldn't update.

Just a reminder to add .ts as a file extension. I bet I have 70 or more movies with that extension that I would like to organize.

Already done. Will be available in the next patch, which I'm uploading now.

I just wanted to chime in again with saying how much I like the current version of JavLuv and the features that were implemented recently. Javluv is the only way I view my library of almost 900 titles. It looks great, performs great and I very much enjoy using it to manage my JAV collection.

I noticed an unintuitive behavior the other day. If you are in the actress view with the overview of her movies and double click a movie you are sent to the movie detail view for that movie. So far as expected. However, if you then click forward to the next movie you are not presented with the next movie of that actress but with the next movie in your collection. By clicking back you do go back on the actress page.

Cycling through the movies of an actress is not possible from the actress page. It is only possible by filtering in the main page for the actress name and then entering the movie detail view. Would be great if this is remedied in a future update of JavLuv.

Yeah, I actually noticed the issue with actress' movie cycling. It's fixed in the next patch, available shortly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yorin2

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
I get this error message: Library in settings must be correct.
I have checked everything I could think of and can't figure out what causes the error.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-01 220248.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-01 220248.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 48

KingofBugs

Aug 31, 2022
So I was able to fix it by moving the files to another folder and then importing the thumbnail again but when I attempted to move it back into the original folder it caused the old thumbnail to show up again. After I created a new folder and moved it into that one everything resolved.

Reactions: TmpGuy

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I get this error message: Library in settings must be correct.
I have checked everything I could think of and can't figure out what causes the error.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

That's a requirement for the automatic move/rename feature. For you to use this feature, you need to point to a "root" folder, under which all your movies will exist.

1669936420755.png

Reactions: mei2

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I don't understand your comment. Remux?
Well, you don't need to do anything now, since JavLuv should recognize .ts as a valid video file.

But to explain more completely: For video files, you can make a distinction between the file "container" and the "stream" formats. So, .ts is a container that can hold H.264/aac/mp3 encoded streams. Remux in this context just means to take those streams and put them in a different file container, like mp4 or Matroska (mkv). The advantage of doing this is that you're not having to re-encode the data, which is both faster and doesn't lose any additional quality, since those video and audio formats use lossy compression.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Well, you don't need to do anything now, since JavLuv should recognize .ts as a valid video file.

But to explain more completely: For video files, you can make a distinction between the file "container" and the "stream" formats. So, .ts is a container that can hold H.264/aac/mp3 encoded streams. Remux in this context just means to take those streams and put them in a different file container, like mp4 or Matroska (mkv). The advantage of doing this is that you're not having to re-encode the data, which is both faster and doesn't lose any additional quality, since those video and audio formats use lossy compression.
Yes, the .ts extension is now recognized in my JavLuv. I have noticed mp4 plays back much better, allowing me to skip to various parts in the movie without the lag I see with .ts. I've been using Internet Download Manager to grab movies and it tends to download them in the .ts format. Converting with VLC is super slow. Are you aware of any easy to use format converters that are fast and can do batch?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I haven't used it myself, but I think XMedia Recode specializes in lossless conversions.

Or you can use ffmpeg if you're comfortable with command-line work. That's actually the library almost everyone uses under-the-hood, JavLuv included.

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
A bit of off-topic question, but I thought people in this thread and @TmpGuy are probably the best gurus to ask: are there any scripts to find all the videos in a folder (and subfolders) that are missing srt subs?

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
I don't understand your comment. Remux?

Every movie in my collection gets converted to .mp4 without re-encoding. You should look into using ffmpeg from the command line. Pretty much all the video converters out there have ffmpeg "under the hood" but it is very easy to use from the command line yourself.

I use ffmpeg to change the container to mp4 and cut off the annoying Chinese ads that many movies have had added to them. As an example the command line input can look like this:

ffmpeg -ss 00:01:15 -to 02:15:00 -i "Javmovie.wmv" -vcodec copy -c:a aac "Javmovie.mp4"

This starts copying the stream at 1m15 and stops at 2h15 and changes the container from mwv to mp4. This whole process takes 30 seconds and is lossless. Depending on the power of your hardware re-encoding the same file from wmv to mp4 could take an hour or more. The only benefit of re-encoding is a smaller output file at the (in the best case unnoticeable) expense of video quality.

Last edited:

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
A bit of off-topic question, but I thought people in this thread and @TmpGuy are probably the best gurus to ask: are there any scripts to find all the videos in a folder (and subfolders) that are missing srt subs?

Easy enough. 70 lines of C#.

Drop it in the folder you want to scan from and double-click.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Hey @TmpGuy any ideas on the below error?

View attachment 3111565

I was able to reproduce this by removing a movie file from my collection (I just moved it to another location), rescanning the movie, then trying to open the movie detail view by double-clicking the thumbnail in the browser view. In the code, I'm currently making the assumption that there's at least one valid movie, but that's apparently not always the case.

I'll get a patch in place to make sure it doesn't crash, but that also won't solve the underlying issue that the movie won't be there, so you'll have to fix that on your end. You can replace the movie file then rescan (right-click and Rescan files), or else remove that movie from your collection if you wanted to get rid of it entirely.

Thanks for the report!

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
Android port: sorry, very unlikely to happen in the near future, if ever. This app is written in C# (no problem there) and WPF (Windows specific). So I'd either need to rewrite the front-end UI entirely, or port it to Avalonia, which is cross-platform. For the record - what sort of form factor would you be interested in? Phone, tablet, or other?
Phone, for sure.

shzam

Jan 18, 2013
I was able to reproduce this by removing a movie file from my collection (I just moved it to another location), rescanning the movie, then trying to open the movie detail view by double-clicking the thumbnail in the browser view. In the code, I'm currently making the assumption that there's at least one valid movie, but that's apparently not always the case.

I'll get a patch in place to make sure it doesn't crash, but that also won't solve the underlying issue that the movie won't be there, so you'll have to fix that on your end. You can replace the movie file then rescan (right-click and Rescan files), or else remove that movie from your collection if you wanted to get rid of it entirely.

Thanks for the report!

Thanks for the quick response. On that note how do I clear cache/previous setting to do a clean install (indeed I have been moving some files around which led to this issue but even removing and rescanning doesnt seem to resolve the issue, maybe I'll try your inbuilt functionality of moving movie files)?

Saw in a earlier post you have removed the "clear database" button and mentioned trying to delete the nfo file, where would this be located? roaming?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
S
Thanks for the quick response. On that note how do I clear cache/previous setting to do a clean install (indeed I have been moving some files around which led to this issue but even removing and rescanning doesnt seem to resolve the issue, maybe I'll try your inbuilt functionality of moving movie files)?

Saw in a earlier post you have removed the "clear database" button and mentioned trying to delete the nfo file, where would this be located? roaming?

With this latest version, one new feature is that JavLuv should now better detect if a movie has just been manually moved. So it should silently just update the location instead of spewing a bunch of "Duplicate ID" errors. Using the build-in "Move to folder..." command let's JavLuv keep track of your movies, so I'd definitely recommend using that if you can.

If you find yourself being hampered without the "Delete local cache" button, let me know, and I'll consider re-adding it, but with new safety features to ensure no data loss.

For the record, all JavLuv data (aside from movie metadata in nfo files) is stored in C:/users/yourname/AppData/local/JavLuv. Everything is in simple text-based formats if you're dying to see what JavLuv is storing. Tinker with that data at your own risk, of course.