JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
There's a new version of JavLuv, v1.1.6. Those of you who tested out the experimental version won't get an automatic version update, since the experimental version was the same number. However, there were subsequently several other fixes, so you'll all want to grab this latest version:

Reactions: Moxy and Zhonda

xxxxxx6

Aug 7, 2008
There's a new version of JavLuv, v1.1.6. Those of you who tested out the experimental version won't get an automatic version update, since the experimental version was the same number. However, there were subsequently several other fixes, so you'll all want to grab this latest version:

still

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 107

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013

Well... damn.

So, somehow, that command which cleans up that folder failed to run or failed to work. I'll look into another fix, but for the time being, it doesn't really hurt anything except wasting a bit of disk space. If you'd like to get this folder cleaned, you can simulate a version upgrade by doing the following. Close JavLuv, then opening JavLuv.settings in a text editor, and change the following line:

<LastVersionRun Major="1" Minor="1" Patch="6" />

So that it reads:

<LastVersionRun Major="1" Minor="1" Patch="5" />

This should cause that cleanup command to be triggered the next time JavLuv is opened. If it worked, the duplicates should be gone. If you don't want to bother, I'll keep the upgrade command in place for the next upgrade, and see if I can find any bug causing it to fail to run.

Edit: Oh snap... I may have just figured out why this won't necessarily trigger for everyone. This good news is that this code should uniformly work on the *next* upgrade, at least, so long as I make a simple adjustment. Sigh...

Last edited:

makaroni1

Mar 30, 2009
small suggestion is to use file focus in file explorer instead of just folder focus (at least to first video file if multiple files associated ) then opening folder associated with movie

Reactions: TmpGuy

makaroni1

Mar 30, 2009
another sugestion is import export append of db of all movies metadata and subtitles can be extremly useful with adoption and esentually creating exchange file market with better corrected more complete metadata, notes metafield can be used for description which next best thing if you do not have subtitles

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
another sugestion is import export append of db of all movies metadata and subtitles can be extremly useful with adoption and esentually creating exchange file market with better corrected more complete metadata, notes metafield can be used for description which next best thing if you do not have subtitles
Yes, I've had this idea for a while: https://github.com/JavLuv/JavLuv/issues/2

The ability to both export and import would be useful both as a personal backup, and as a way for the community to build a shared set of movie and actress metadata and images.

It's a little tricky as a shared set of data, because of the problem of what one considers "authoritative/authentic". For instance, how one filters genre tags can be very personalized. Same with titles. So, I'm still thinking about how that works. Kind of a lower-priority feature, though, but hopefully I'll get to it someday.

As for subtitles, I already wrote a tool to organize subtitles, and added it to JavLuv. If you enable "show advanced options" in Settings, you'll see a tool on the left panel for doing this. I've collected most of the previous subtitles posted in Akiba's subtitle forum over the last decade and consolidated it here (30K+ subtitles):

The tool will rename files, detect language and file format, and organize them alphabetically. JavLuv can then use this organized collection to see if you have any movies which have subtitles available for it. Select all movies, right-click, and select "Find subtitles"

makaroni1

Mar 30, 2009
Yes, I've had this idea for a while: https://github.com/JavLuv/JavLuv/issues/2

The ability to both export and import would be useful both as a personal backup, and as a way for the community to build a shared set of movie and actress metadata and images.

It's a little tricky as a shared set of data, because of the problem of what one considers "authoritative/authentic". For instance, how one filters genre tags can be very personalized. Same with titles. So, I'm still thinking about how that works. Kind of a lower-priority feature, though, but hopefully I'll get to it someday.

As for subtitles, I already wrote a tool to organize subtitles, and added it to JavLuv. If you enable "show advanced options" in Settings, you'll see a tool on the left panel for doing this. I've collected most of the previous subtitles posted in Akiba's subtitle forum over the last decade and consolidated it here (30K+ subtitles):

The tool will rename files, detect language and file format, and organize them alphabetically. JavLuv can then use this organized collection to see if you have any movies which have subtitles available for it. Select all movies, right-click, and select "Find subtitles"
well thank you for hard work and especually thatnk you for manually done such a big subtitle collection work
I m playing with subtitle option now very very cool
can you tell a bit more how javluv recognize movie has a subtitle ..I have a bit difficulty does if worth with all extentions ? is there way to manually edit something metadata of wherether to help javluv recognize that subtitles avail

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
well thank you for hard work and especually thatnk you for manually done such a big subtitle collection work
I m playing with subtitle option now very very cool
can you tell a bit more how javluv recognize movie has a subtitle ..I have a bit difficulty does if worth with all extentions ? is there way to manually edit something metadata of wherether to help javluv recognize that subtitles avail

It works with most common extensions. If you find one not supported, you can add it in Settings.

Typically for soft subs, you names the subtitle the same as your movie and place it in the same folder. During the initial scan, as long as it sees an ID in the subtitle filename, JavLuv should pick it up. You can tell if JavLuv recognizes the subtitle because there will be an additional icon at the bottom right of the cover image (see the detail page in my first post in this thread).

If you're adding subtitles later, you just need to right-click on the movie thumbnail in the browser view and select "Rescan files".

Once subtitles are recognized, there's a search option where you can show only subtitles, which is handy to see what subtitled movies you have available.

makaroni1

Mar 30, 2009
if I understand correctly the subtitles need to be with main file in order for it to be picked up originally to link together
I ll try then I come back home
thnak you

glycereth

May 1, 2014
Hi, new here, dl-ed and tested the browser, looks pretty good, however, there are a few things missing for me, maybe it's because I don't know how, so here are some questions:

1. Is it possible to change to show Japanese names? It's easier for me since I know Japanese.(I know the Japanese name is there when you click into the profile but I want Japanese names to be shown on the main page.)
2. Is it possible to manually sort actresses and movies(i.e. your own rankings/favorites)? I know there's the user rating/age/date options, but I want to classify them in different categories(i.e. cup size, body size/shape(tall/short, thick/slim), different companies, series, etc, you get the idea).
3. I also would like to have the option to view the entire list in list form instead of pictures.
4. For some videos with the same ID as some uncensored counterparts(i.e. SMD-32), how do I eliminate/edit wrongly scanned actresses/movies? The SMD-32 for me is an uncensored one by Tachibana Hinata, but the censored SMD-32 is a completely different video, the browser selected this instead, and because it's a multi-actresses movie, it included many of them which I don't watch, they are also an eye sore since I'm not into any 40+ mature.
5. Lastly, can we adjust the pic size in the actress tab, if possible I would like it adjustable, bigger or smaller like ctrl+mouse wheel?

Thank you.

Last edited:

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Hi, new here, dl-ed and tested the browser, looks pretty good, however, there are a few things missing for me, maybe it's because I don't know how, so here are some questions:

1. Is it possible to change to show Japanese names? It's easier for me since I know Japanese.(I know the Japanese name is there when you click into the profile but I want Japanese names to be shown on the main page.)

If you switch to Japanese language in settings, the entire browser assumes all names should be in Japanese, not English, and it scans and stores them as such. The UI is only partially translated. I was hoping to get some volunteers to help translate everything, but that hasn't manifested yet.

At the moment, though, unfortunately, actress scraping isn't fully supported in Japanese. The problem is that the sites I'm scraping for actress data only search based on English names, which throws a wrench in Japanese support, since you normally wouldn't store those names in Japanese language mode. So I'm still trying to figure out how to get around this issue.

Ideally, if I could find and figured out how to scrape a Japanese language site with the actresses, I could solve this problem. It's a bit difficult for me to find these sites, since I don't read Japanese myself. If you or anyone knows of any Japanese sites which I could use to look up actresses by their Japanese names, I could support Japanese more completely. Anyhow, that's still a work in progress.

Note that you'll need to switch to Japanese and regenerate your movies metadata to retrieve them in Japanese language. But you may want to wait until actresses are fully supported first.

2. Is it possible to manually sort actresses and movies(i.e. your own rankings/favorites)? I know there's the user rating/age/date options, but I want to classify them in different categories(i.e. cup size, body size/shape(tall/short, thick/slim), different companies, series, etc, you get the idea).

Custom sorting isn't really possible. However, since things like cup size and height are typically known values, so I'll add options for those two in the future. Others might be more difficult, because values like body shape are not generally available, so there's no regular data to sort. You can always add custom information in Notes and search for those fields yourself.

I'm eventually planning to add more tabs, like genres, studios, etc, so you'll be able to see those lists and sort by them.

3. I also would like to have the option to view the entire list in list form instead of pictures.

I'll have to think about a text-only actress list and whether that makes sense for JavLuv. If you can show me an example of how you'd like this to work, and what features you'd imagine, it would help. Only the names? Or more like a spreadsheet with data in columns? Or names in multiple columns?

4. For some videos with the same ID as some uncensored counterparts(i.e. SMD-32), how do I eliminate/edit wrongly scanned actresses/movies? The SMD-32 for me is an uncensored one by Tachibana Hinata, but the censored SMD-32 is a completely different video, the browser selected this instead, and because it's a multi-actresses movie, it included many of them which I don't watch, they are also an eye sore since I'm not into any 40+ mature.

This is a thorny problem. JavLuv has no easy way to distinguish between duplicate IDs. However, you can manually edit any metadata that's scraped. For the rare occasions you get a duplicate, you can just change the metadata of the movie to the correct one. The cover can be replace manually as well. Right-click to see options.

You can, of course, delete the actresses that you don't want to see. In settings, select "Show advanced options" to see those options in the right-click context menu. Once you've changed the movie and added the new names (in English for now, sadly), then if you rescan (right click), it will also download actresses for those names.

Reactions: glycereth

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Version 1.1.8 is out. It's a short list of two new features, but I'm pretty excited about both of them:

First, something people have been asking about for a while - the actresses in movie detail view are both clickable and shows portraits. The list is first sorted with actresses that have images listed first, and then sorted by number of movies. So the most popular actresses (according to your collection) will tend to be listed first. Double-click on an actress to bring up her info page. Because of vertical space constraints, any actresses beyond the first six show up in a collapsed form without a portrait.

Second, I've added multiple UI theme support. For those that are tired of the gloomy black interface, you can try out the light theme instead. I may add new color themes in the future, since the hard work of all the underlying support is now done, but I figured I'd start simple.

Reactions: Yorin2 and Moxy

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Downloaded the new iteration and it's getting better and better. Question: How hard is to add boolean search function. Someone might want to search for mature+shaved+anal. I know, crazy, right? Keep up the good work.

Reactions: avatarthe

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Downloaded the new iteration and it's getting better and better. Question: How hard is to add boolean search function. Someone might want to search for mature+shaved+anal. I know, crazy, right? Keep up the good work.

Way ahead of you. Any terms separated by spaces are automatically treated as Boolean AND terms. Use the 'or' keyword for Boolean OR searches. If you want to exclude a term, put a dash in front of the term (no space). If you want to search for an exact match of multiple words (like an actress name or phrase), surround them in double quotes.

FYI, the OR operation has a higher precedence than the implicit AND. This means if you type A or B C, you'll be searching for (A) or (B and C), not (A or B) and (C)

Aimibteg

Nov 22, 2022
I testing out, when scan movie and it not list the actress in the AV I try to correct it and then it crash. one sample, DVAJ-005 correct actress is Aoi Tsukasa but it gone wrong to Ami Tokunaga then I try to correct it manually but it crash.\, any idea why? JavLuv.1.1.8

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
New actress tabs are great. Really taking shape now. Ill test over the next few days as I have some time. One request would be a favourites feature if possible

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I testing out, when scan movie and it not list the actress in the AV I try to correct it and then it crash. one sample, DVAJ-005 correct actress is Aoi Tsukasa but it gone wrong to Ami Tokunaga then I try to correct it manually but it crash.\, any idea why? JavLuv.1.1.8
Yeah, I see what's going on. I'll get a patch out for that. Thanks for the report.

Reactions: Aimibteg

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
One request would be a favourites feature if possible

That's what user ratings are for. Give your favorites movies or actresses five stars, sort by user ranking, and they show up at the top of the list.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013

I fixed a few issues you reported, and that's now available in v1.1.9.

First, the issue that JavLuv downloaded the wrong movie metadata in the first place should be fixed now. As it turns out, the ID is technically DVAJ-0005, not DVAJ-005. You wouldn't think that would make a difference, but JavDatabase.com automatically "corrected" this ID to DVAJ-0050! So, that's the incorrect result you were seeing. I've put in some additional code to prevent this behavior, but overall, you should get better results if you match the ID precisely (it'll still work with the three-digit number, but it won't get data from JavDatabase.com, which tends to have the best English titles).

Second, I hadn't tested editing actresses in the movie view at all, which was a fairly stupid oversight on my part. So, edits will now create a new Actress if it doesn't yet exist instead of crashing, and the view reflects any edited changes immediately.

I also fixed an additional bug I discovered in the ID parser with unusually long IDs.

If you want to regenerate DVAJ-0005's metadata automatically, you can do the following: In Settings, check "Show advanced options", and uncheck "Automatically restore metadata." Then right-click on the movie thumbnail, and choose "Regenerate metadata." It should work correctly this time. Afterwards, you can restore your settings if you want.

• Love
Reactions: Aimibteg

Aimibteg

Nov 22, 2022
I fixed a few issues you reported, and that's now available in v1.1.9.

First, the issue that JavLuv downloaded the wrong movie metadata in the first place should be fixed now. As it turns out, the ID is technically DVAJ-0005, not DVAJ-005. You wouldn't think that would make a difference, but JavDatabase.com automatically "corrected" this ID to DVAJ-0050! So, that's the incorrect result you were seeing. I've put in some additional code to prevent this behavior, but overall, you should get better results if you match the ID precisely (it'll still work with the three-digit number, but it won't get data from JavDatabase.com, which tends to have the best English titles).

Second, I hadn't tested editing actresses in the movie view at all, which was a fairly stupid oversight on my part. So, edits will now create a new Actress if it doesn't yet exist instead of crashing, and the view reflects any edited changes immediately.

I also fixed an additional bug I discovered in the ID parser with unusually long IDs.

If you want to regenerate DVAJ-0005's metadata automatically, you can do the following: In Settings, check "Show advanced options", and uncheck "Automatically restore metadata." Then right-click on the movie thumbnail, and choose "Regenerate metadata." It should work correctly this time. Afterwards, you can restore your settings if you want.
Thank you so much.