JavLuv JAV Browser

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
I have 7383 images in Appdata/local/Javluv but I cant see any dupes. I could run it through a dupe checker but mine seems clear for dupes.
Edit: I altered the search to show by size and wow. There's a crap ton. If you notice the names when searched by size, names are different. I recon when we scrape the DB multiple times, the site is changing names and so jav luv downloads again. Can you not implement a checksum type algorithm to compare. Sorry, my programming skills are scripting and good old basic from years ago so im not 100% sure how hard that would be for you.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Leenx31

Jun 8, 2022
any way to add actresses manually? I have a bunch of Hana Shirato movies that get added to the movies page, but she doesn't appear in actresses

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
Edit: I altered the search to show by size and wow. There's a crap ton. If you notice the names when searched by size, names are different. I recon when we scrape the DB multiple times, the site is changing names and so jav luv downloads again. Can you not implement a checksum type algorithm to compare. Sorry, my programming skills are scripting and good old basic from years ago so im not 100% sure how hard that would be for you.

Yeah, there actually is a checksum that prevents dupes, but clearly something is going wrong.

Reactions: Moxy

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
any way to add actresses manually? I have a bunch of Hana Shirato movies that get added to the movies page, but she doesn't appear in actresses
If no info is found online, you'll be left with a "blank" actress with nothing but her name. Those are hidden by default. Just check "Show all actresses" in the sidebar and you should see the one you're looking for.

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
Wow, that's pretty interesting. And mildly depressing for me, since now I have to track down and fix what's going wrong. :(

Okay, to start, when your actress image was erased, did you check to see if it was one of the alternate images for the actress? An actress can have as many pictures as you want, so I just wanted to double-check that it didn't just select a new image to display, instead of actually clobbering the old image. You can click on the left or right edges of the image or use CTRL+arrows to scroll between them.

I'm seeing a bunch of duplicates in my own folder as well. That's good, actually, since I should be able to reproduce and debug the issue. Don't bother trying to untangle this manually. I'll write some sort of automated function to de-tangle everything once I've got a fix in place.

I added multiple images myself (4 to be precise) and deleted the ones (2 images) that JavLuv put up after the initial scan. Afterwards all my own images were gone and two new images appeared, neither of which I had added myself. I suspect the new images were the same as after the initial scan but I cannot remember that.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I added multiple images myself (4 to be precise) and deleted the ones (2 images) that JavLuv put up after the initial scan. Afterwards all my own images were gone and two new images appeared, neither of which I had added myself. I suspect the new images were the same as after the initial scan but I cannot remember that.

So, they're definitely getting clobbered, not just hidden. Damn...

One last question - have you used the "Update actresses" feature, or was this simply a result of adding new movies? Or if you're not sure, that's fine too. Any clues might help me narrow down what's causing this.

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
So, they're definitely getting clobbered, not just hidden. Damn...

One last question - have you used the "Update actresses" feature, or was this simply a result of adding new movies? Or if you're not sure, that's fine too. Any clues might help me narrow down what's causing this.

No, it was the result of just adding a new movie. I was in the actress view and used the "scan movies" option.

Reactions: TmpGuy

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I've uploaded an experimental fix for the duplicate/lost image issues. Anyone who wants to try this out can download and use this version:

There's a new command to clear the folder of duplicates / orphaned image files. You need to turn on "Show advanced options". Then in actress browser view, right click on any thumbnail and select "Clean actress images". It will clear all unneeded dupes or orphaned files. It should only take a few seconds, and there won't be any visual confirmation that it worked.

What appeared to be happening is that when scraping data, JavLuv would download actress data from two different sites and merge them. However, if would fail to merge the image lists, and the discarded data would mean the image just got left behind. I suspect this was also responsible for custom images being lost, but I'm not 100% certain about this.

So, if you want to test this, first clear any duplicates, and then use JavLuv normally. Let me know if you end up seeing more dupes or any lost images.

Note: I did see one case where the same image appeared to be used twice, but it ended up being the same image represented as a jpg and webp. So they weren't technically exact dupes. I don't check for visual similarity, only exact matches, but you can clear out these rare cases manually, I think.

If it ends up looking like it's working better, I'll incorporate an automated one-time execution of this command on version upgrade instead of requiring people to run this command manually - that's just a temp solution.

Reactions: Yorin2

TezMex1092

Nov 7, 2022
Is there a proper format for Caribbeancom filenames? I can't see to get the program to read them correctly.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Is there a proper format for Caribbeancom filenames? I can't see to get the program to read them correctly.

It looks like Carribeancom has sort of a unique thing going that's different than other movies. It seems they just use the date as a six digit ID, possibly with a dash and three digit number following (on the website, it always looks like -001 to me). I'd need to write a separate parser for the ID and add a new scraper. So, a fair amount of work for a single company, but certainly doable.

For the moment, you'll have to add them manually. There's an option in Settings to add a movie if it doesn't find it offline. After, try to scan them, and instead of showing an error, will just add the movie's title and let you fill in the rest.

So, I'd assume the format you'd want to move is the six digit (dash plus three optional) as a way to uniquely identify filenames in the future. I've seen subtitle titles like: 091520-001-carib-1080p.srt or 091517-580.srt. So, anything like that. I have no idea what the last three digits mean, but the first parts seem to be month, day, year, two digits each. If anyone knows more, let me know.

Those of you with Carribeancom movies in your collections, let me know what your interest is in adding that support, and that'll probably determine the priority. @TezMex1092 , I'll assume you'd vote for this.

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
I've uploaded an experimental fix for the duplicate/lost image issues. Anyone who wants to try this out can download and use this version:

This seems to have worked just fine. My actress image folder was halved to about 1.100 images. With an actress database containing 617 names, this seems about right. I am also not spotting any obvious duplicates as I scroll through the folder, and I haven't lost any user uploaded images in the process. I would call this experimental update a succes.

This issue with disappearing user uploaded images also hasn't happened again. So far it happened only the very first time I added a new movie to the database. I figured it would be easy to replicate, but I haven't been able to do so.

I did notice another minor thing. If you change an actress name, the entry in the database gets duplicated (one with the old name and one with the new name). This is fixed by closing JavLuv and re-opening. Then only the new actress name will appear, with the old name as alternative spelling (as intended).

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
This seems to have worked just fine. My actress image folder was halved to about 1.100 images. With an actress database containing 617 names, this seems about right. I am also not spotting any obvious duplicates as I scroll through the folder, and I haven't lost any user uploaded images in the process. I would call this experimental update a succes.

This issue with disappearing user uploaded images also hasn't happened again. So far it happened only the very first time I added a new movie to the database. I figured it would be easy to replicate, but I haven't been able to do so.

I did notice another minor thing. If you change an actress name, the entry in the database gets duplicated (one with the old name and one with the new name). This is fixed by closing JavLuv and re-opening. Then only the new actress name will appear, with the old name as alternative spelling (as intended).

Okay, thanks for testing this out. I'll let this soak a while longer, so many you could just check every once in a while after you've added more movies? I'm doing the same with my collection, but since I didn't find an exact repro case (only suspected), it's hard for me to know if it's really fixed or not. Once I'm a bit more confident, I'll change the code to perform a one-time automatic cleanup pass, and release a new update.

I'll check out the actress duplication issue. Seems like perhaps the actress list just isn't refreshing properly, since the change seems like it's temporary. Thanks for reporting that.

Reactions: Yorin2

xxxxxx6

Aug 7, 2008
its possible to move and rename like this

D:\
|__JavLibrary
.....|__SSIS
.........|__SSIS-001.jpg
.........|__SSIS-001 Metadata.nfo
.........|__SSIS-001 Movie.mp4
.........|__SSIS-002.jpg
.........|__SSIS-002 Metadata.nfo
.........|__SSIS-002 Movie.mp4
.........|__.......................................

There's a new command to clear the folder of duplicates / orphaned image files. You need to turn on "Show advanced options". Then in actress browser view, right click on any thumbnail and select "Clean actress images". It will clear all unneeded dupes or orphaned files. It should only take a few seconds, and there won't be any visual confirmation that it worked.

What appeared to be happening is that when scraping data, JavLuv would download actress data from two different sites and merge them. However, if would fail to merge the image lists, and the discarded data would mean the image just got left behind. I suspect this was also responsible for custom images being lost, but I'm not 100% certain about this.

So, if you want to test this, first clear any duplicates, and then use JavLuv normally. Let me know if you end up seeing more dupes or any lost images.

Note: I did see one case where the same image appeared to be used twice, but it ended up being the same image represented as a jpg and webp. So they weren't technically exact dupes. I don't check for visual similarity, only exact matches, but you can clear out these rare cases manually, I think.

If it ends up looking like it's working better, I'll incorporate an automated one-time execution of this command on version upgrade instead of requiring people to run this command manually - that's just a temp solution.

how about
scan actress > if not exist in Actresses.xml > get all info > else skip go to next actress

and its better if picture of actress use actress name

Last edited:
Reactions: mei2

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
its possible to move and rename like this

D:\
|__JavLibrary
.....|__SSIS
.........|__SSIS-001.jpg
.........|__SSIS-001 Metadata.nfo
.........|__SSIS-001 Movie.mp4
.........|__SSIS-002.jpg
.........|__SSIS-002 Metadata.nfo
.........|__SSIS-002 Movie.mp4
.........|__.......................................

Almost. Instead of SSID, you could use the studio name. There's no provision for just getting the ID prefix. If you'd like to be able to do this, let me know and I could add that feature.

how about
scan actress > if not exist in Actresses.xml > get all info > else skip go to next actress

Yes, it should skip if the actress is found (including alts or Japanese name), except in the case of using the Update Actress command, in which it looks for new information that's not currently found.

and its better if picture of actress use actress name

I originally was thinking along those lines, but that got a bit complicated because so many actresses have alternate names, or even different English spellings of their name (Hibiki Otsuki, Hibiki Ōtsuki, Hibiki Ootsuki). Since users aren't really supposed to see the filenames, I decided to make my life a lot simpler and just use guaranteed unique names that I never have to change.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Why does the JavLuv Icon turn red after updating?

It turns red if there's an error on updating. It's supposed to clear after the error report is closed.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
It used to. Now it remains. Closing and reopening program cures issue.
Noted, thanks. Will investigate.

Edit: Annoyingly, the error state no longer appears to do anything in Windows 11, which is why I didn't see the issue. I'll need people using Windows 10 to let me know if my upcoming fix works properly.

Last edited:

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
I have what I think would be a major improvement for JavLuv. It's two parts:

1) Add a Subtitles page along with the Movie and Actress pages. I've probably downloaded 30 or more .srt files, but I don't think they automatically "attach" to the movie? Therefore, having that database would be great. Yes, I know you can check the "show subtitles only" but it's not capturing all the .srt files at present.

2) Many of my movies have subtitles embedded in the movie. It would be great to create a checkable box on the movie information page that confirms that it is subtitled. And it would be great to be able to search for subtitled files. I bet I have 200 movies with subtitles embedded in the movie file. I realize that this would have to be done by the user, but that's ok.

Thanks--don't make you want to work or anything:)

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I have what I think would be a major improvement for JavLuv. It's two parts:

1) Add a Subtitles page along with the Movie and Actress pages. I've probably downloaded 30 or more .srt files, but I don't think they automatically "attach" to the movie? Therefore, having that database would be great. Yes, I know you can check the "show subtitles only" but it's not capturing all the .srt files at present.

External subtitle files like .srt should already be supported. The subtitle files are typically named the same as the movie, with the ID somewhere in the filename. You can try in browser view right-click and "Rescan files" to add those. If that doesn't work, it may be a bug. If so, I may need to get a specific example in order to repro the issue, since obviously it's working fine for me.

2) Many of my movies have subtitles embedded in the movie. It would be great to create a checkable box on the movie information page that confirms that it is subtitled. And it would be great to be able to search for subtitled files. I bet I have 200 movies with subtitles embedded in the movie file. I realize that this would have to be done by the user, but that's ok.

Hmm, hardcoded movies are something I hadn't really considered. It seems like a straight-forward request, but I'd have to decide how to handle it. All movie metadata is in the established Kodi format (nfo files). Since I'd prefer to remain compatible with that format, I'd have to create a DB for "extra" info like this, and add support for searching, sorting, filtering, etc. Not to say I can't do this, as I suspect I'll find more situations where this comes in handy, but it's going to be a bit of work than one would imagine.

Thanks--don't make you want to work or anything:)

Haha, yes you do! That's fine, I'm the one who made this software available, and it's kind of a fun hobby project.