JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Yeah, I found actresses to be a lot more hit and miss. A lot of it is that the sources are just worse overall, and the fact that many actresses have previous aliases also can make things more difficult. Most likely is that their profile on JavDatabase or JavModel (the two sources I currently scrape) simply didn't have full entries. There are occasionally surprising gaps like that, unfortunately.

I'm hoping to find more sources for scraping in the future. But overall, I think it's at least decent enough to be usable. With a little extra work, you can fill in most missing info manually, at least if it's an actress you care enough to do that.

While I've got a pretty big to-do list still, I think the next feature will be replacing the simple text field of actresses on the movie detail page. It's really crying out for a visual portrait list that can jump you straight to an actress page with a double-click.

For the moment, I'd like to hold off adding new fields, especially fields with no chance of being automatically scraped. Instead, I'd suggest putting that sort of info in the notes section. I also just fixed a bug in which that field wasn't searchable.

Glad to hear it's working well. I thought I had a lot of movies at just under 2000. Also, multiple themes are now on the to-do list. No promises on how long it will take to get to purely cosmetic items like that, of course.

Movie delete option is on the to-do list.

Hmm, this is one of those tasks that's technically easy to do, but is going to clutter up the interface somewhat, That means replacing a simple checkbox with a dropdown selection with three options (Show All, Show Only Subtitles, Show No Subtitles), or put those three options in a radio-style control. Let me think about this a bit.
I think I might have mentioned this already, but it would be nice when you are in the movie information page with the informational fields (ID, Released, Runtime, Studio, etc) if you could click on that field and see, for example, all moves the actress has appeared in or all movies you have for a studio. Yes, I understand I can copy and then insert in the search field on the main page, just saying it would be convenient. Great work, keep it up. Oh, one more thing, I don't think my version has the actress database--do I need to download the new version? Is it possible in settings to simply "update JavLuv with latest version" option?

• Love
Reactions: Moxy

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
I think I might have mentioned this already, but it would be nice when you are in the movie information page with the informational fields (ID, Released, Runtime, Studio, etc) if you could click on that field and see, for example, all moves the actress has appeared in or all movies you have for a studio. Yes, I understand I can copy and then insert in the search field on the main page, just saying it would be convenient. Great work, keep it up. Oh, one more thing, I don't think my version has the actress database--do I need to download the new version? Is it possible in settings to simply "update JavLuv with latest version" option?
Yeah, I'm planning to enhance the actress info on movie pages (see previous comment) with visual portraits and the ability to jump straight to an actress page, which will have the effect of showing all movies with that actress.

In Settings, make sure "Automatically check for updates" is checked. It'll pop up a dialog with update info and a link to download and install the latest version.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Yeah, I'm planning to enhance the actress info on movie pages (see previous comment) with visual portraits and the ability to jump straight to an actress page, which will have the effect of showing all movies with that actress.

In Settings, make sure "Automatically check for updates" is checked. It'll pop up a dialog with update info and a link to download and install the latest version.
I don't see "Automatically check for updates" as an option in settings, I have V0.8 Build: 8276 Rev:40634

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Oh, you're quite a bit behind then. JavLuv is available on GitHub now: https://github.com/JavLuv/JavLuv/releases

Actresses will be downloaded automatically when you scan new movies. To update your existing collection, select all your movies (Ctrl-A), right-click, and select "Rescan files"

Once you have the new version, select the option to auto check for new updates, and JavLuv will let you know whenever there's a new version.

Last edited:

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Oh, you're quite a bit behind then. TavLuv is available on GitHub now: https://github.com/JavLuv/JavLuv/releases

Actresses will be downloaded automatically when you scan new movies. To update your existing collection, select all your movies (Ctrl-A), right-click, and select "Rescan files"

Once you have the new version, select the option to auto check for new updates, and JavLuv will let you know whenever there's a new version.
Thanks! Reorganizing now.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I thought I'd share some information about some new features related to the new Actress database.

So, one sort of "hidden" feature related to Actresses known as "Merge actresses". I've seen some occasions where, because of aliases, an Actress actually gets listed twice, once with her current name, and once with an alias. For example, I noticed this with Shiori Hirai, who was also listed as Kanna Hirai, and she got two separate entrys.

If you happen to discover this sort of duplication, you can select both entries (it's currently a little hard to do, since you can't do OR searches yet), then select "Merge actresses...". You'll see a dialog box pop up. Select the entry you want to preserve, and any additional data from the other entry will be merged into the selected actress entry.

Another new actress-related feature is the Settings option "Automatically synchronize movie metadata to actress database". As the description implies, this treats your actress database as authoritative, and any changes made to your actress is reflected in the movie metadata. If an actress is listed under an alias, then if you check that option, the metadata will be changed to her current name.

Edit: auto-updating the actress' names in metadata doesn't occur until a new actress is added or you edit an actress' name manually. I'll make sure this is fixed in the next version, so it occurs immediately after the option has been enabled - but only when settings are closed, so it doesn't occur by accident.

So, for example Miki Sunohara was previously known as Mirai Sunohara. So if you have any movies which list her as Mirai Sunohara, enabling this option will change the listing to her current name Miki Sunohara, assuming both primary name and alias are listed in her detail page.

Speaking of names, you may notice if you try to change an actress' name, the previous name will be automatically added as an alias, which helps to preserve continuity. This is helpful for actresses that may have spelling variations. For example, Hibiki Ootsuki may also be listed as Hibiki Otsuki or Hibiki Ōtsuki. If you wish to change to a different spelling you prefer, just type in the new name. The old name will be listed under aliases, and then you can subsequently remove any duplicates aliases if needed. If you've elected to synchronize your metadata with the actress database, the names in all movie metadata listed will automatically be changed to your her new primary name.

When changing an actress name or alias, be aware that JavLuv will automatically check to make sure both names and aliases are unique. If you do find multiple actresses sharing the same name, you'll need to add some unique qualifier to make sure the names are spelled slightly differently, possible with a numeric suffix or something like that. This is necessary because otherwise names listed in movie metadata would have no way of disambiguating. It could also be that the actress is listed under an old alias, in which case you'll want to merge the two actress entries.

Another actress-related feature is the "Show all actresses" option. Normally, any actress without a portrait or who doesn't have enough data filled out is hidden by default. Checking this option shows every actress entry. You can occasionally check this to see if any prominent actresses have been missed when scraping online databases. Sometimes it's just a missing portrait, in which case it's often possible to find images online with a simple search. JavLuv allows you to store as many actress images as yhou like and select a default to display.

At some point, I'll be adding all this info to the GitHub wiki page, but I thought I'd give you guys an early description of these features.

Last edited:

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
I thought I'd share some information about some new features related to the new Actress database.

So, one sort of "hidden" feature related to Actresses known as "Merge actresses". I've seen some occasions where, because of aliases, an Actress actually gets listed twice, once with her current name, and once with an alias. For example, I noticed this with Shiori Hirai, who was also listed as Kanna Hirai, and she got two separate entrys.

If you happen to discover this sort of duplication, you can select both entries (it's currently a little hard to do, since you can't do OR searches yet), then select "Merge actresses...". You'll see a dialog box pop up. Select the entry you want to preserve, and any additional data from the other entry will be merged into the selected actress entry.

Another new actress-related feature is the Settings option "Automatically synchronize movie metadata to actress database". As the description implies, this treats your actress database as authoritative, and any changes made to your actress is reflected in the movie metadata. If an actress is listed under an alias, then if you check that option, the metadata will be changed to her current name.

Edit: auto-updating the actress' names in metadata doesn't occur until a new actress is added or you edit an actress' name manually. I'll make sure this is fixed in the next version, so it occurs immediately after the option has been enabled - but only when settings are closed, so it doesn't occur by accident.

So, for example Miki Sunohara was previously known as Mirai Sunohara. So if you have any movies which list her as Mirai Sunohara, enabling this option will change the listing to her current name Miki Sunohara, assuming both primary name and alias are listed in her detail page.

Speaking of names, you may notice if you try to change an actress' name, the previous name will be automatically added as an alias, which helps to preserve continuity. This is helpful for actresses that may have spelling variations. For example, Hibiki Ootsuki may also be listed as Hibiki Otsuki or Hibiki Ōtsuki. If you wish to change to a different spelling you prefer, just type in the new name. The old name will be listed under aliases, and then you can subsequently remove any duplicates aliases if needed. If you've elected to synchronize your metadata with the actress database, the names in all movie metadata listed will automatically be changed to your her new primary name.

When changing an actress name or alias, be aware that JavLuv will automatically check to make sure both names and aliases are unique. If you do find multiple actresses sharing the same name, you'll need to add some unique qualifier to make sure the names are spelled slightly differently, possible with a numeric suffix or something like that. This is necessary because otherwise names listed in movie metadata would have no way of disambiguating. It could also be that the actress is listed under an old alias, in which case you'll want to merge the two actress entries.

Another actress-related feature is the "Show all actresses" option. Normally, any actress without a portrait or who doesn't have enough data filled out is hidden by default. Checking this option shows every actress entry. You can occasionally check this to see if any prominent actresses have been missed when scraping online databases. Sometimes it's just a missing portrait, in which case it's often possible to find images online with a simple search. JavLuv allows you to store as many actress images as yhou like and select a default to display.

At some point, I'll be adding all this info to the GitHub wiki page, but I thought I'd give you guys an early description of these features.
Updated to 1.2 including the actress database. Very nice! I love that you can find all the movies by actress. I note that:

1) checking the "show all actresses" expands the list of actresses and, even if there's not an actress photo available, the movies associated with that actress are listed. Is it possible to manually add a photo and metadata for an actress? Yuko Shiraki didn't show up and I would like to add her info.
2) I note that right clicking on a movie allows many options including playing, move/rename, import cover image, etc. You can also "remove from library." I assume that it will remove from library but not delete the movie? Can you add the option to permanently delete the movie? With more than 1300 movies in my collection the hard drive is getting full!
3) great job! I think you should add a donate link so we can buy you a beer or three!

makaroni1

Mar 30, 2009
hi I was woundering if there is away to spred library on multiple drives/ folder , also how Javluv handle big big libraries 10-50 tb

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Updated to 1.2 including the actress database. Very nice! I love that you can find all the movies by actress. I note that:

1) checking the "show all actresses" expands the list of actresses and, even if there's not an actress photo available, the movies associated with that actress are listed. Is it possible to manually add a photo and metadata for an actress? Yuko Shiraki didn't show up and I would like to add her info.

Absolutely, you can edit all actress data manually, just like with movie metadata. If you right-click over where the photo normally is, you'll notice options to import images (browse for them by file), paste an image in the clipboard, or delete the current image. If a photo is missing or has a photo you don't care for, just paste in a new one from the web.

I found Windows Snipping Tool to be very helpful in selectively copying a nice portrait from any image you find on the web - or even right from a movie still. Or just copy and paste the entire image if it's already a nice portrai If there's more than one image, hover over the image with your mouse, and you'll see arrows appear for selecting the next image in the list to choose a new image to display.

2) I note that right clicking on a movie allows many options including playing, move/rename, import cover image, etc. You can also "remove from library." I assume that it will remove from library but not delete the movie? Can you add the option to permanently delete the movie? With more than 1300 movies in my collection the hard drive is getting full!

This is on the to-do list - item #69. Here's the link to see all current issues: https://github.com/JavLuv/JavLuv/issues

3) great job! I think you should add a donate link so we can buy you a beer or three!

A few people have mentioned that previously, but I earn plenty of money at my day job. I'd prefer people just send a few bucks to their favorite charity if they have some pocket change to spare.

Reactions: Moxy and Not2srius

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
hi I was woundering if there is away to spred library on multiple drives/ folder , also how Javluv handle big big libraries 10-50 tb

You can't use the auto renaming/move feature if movies are spread across different drives, as JavLuv needs a single destination folder for that to work. But other than that, JavLuv doesn't care where your movies are.

JavLuv was specifically designed to scale with very large libraries, and so far it seems to be holding up pretty well. My own library is just under 2000 movies, over 7TB in size. I've heard from people with movie collections up to 6000 movies who have indicated it's working fine for them.

Reactions: makaroni1 and Moxy

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
Mines just over 48TB with some dupes and backups, Just over 5560 Unique movies though from 2003 to present day. It doesnt flinch and works perfect although the actress database took a bit of updating time :) The movies are spread over several drives with no issues at all.

makaroni1

Mar 30, 2009
Mines just over 48TB with some dupes and backups, Just over 5560 Unique movies though from 2003 to present day. It doesnt flinch and works perfect although the actress database took a bit of updating time :) The movies are spread over several drives with no issues at all.
I bet it is becaouse your db already set up ... as I m trying to set up mine not in small pieces some exertions happening even on very small samples 10-15 files

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
Using the snipping tool to make nice cut-outs of online photos to paste into the actress view directly works really nice. I try to find a few nice pictures that reflect the style and aesthetic of each actress in my collection and update accordingly.

I've already sunk quite a few hours into polishing and completing the actress view and I've only just begun. I don't know whether to praise or curse @TmpGuy for his work on JavLuv. All I can say is that my productivity has decreased after this latest update. :)

1666444045063.png

• Haha
Reactions: Moxy and makaroni1

makaroni1

Mar 30, 2009
Using the snipping tool to make nice cut-outs of online photos to paste into the actress view directly works really nice. I try to find a few nice pictures that reflect the style and aesthetic of each actress in my collection and update accordingly.

I've already sunk quite a few hours into polishing and completing the actress view and I've only just begun. I don't know whether to praise or curse @TmpGuy for his work on JavLuv. All I can say is that my productivity has decreased after this latest update. :)

View attachment 3075770
looks very very nice , I like (karara too by the way ) but I think it is too time consuming

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
A quick notice: I fixed a bug that was causing Actress height information to be missing in many cases. You may notice that item among the list in today's release. So, if you want to automatically fix this, you can use the right-click context option "Update actress" from the Actress browser. Unfortunately, this takes about as much time as the initial scan does. However, an update shouldn't clobber any of your existing data. In any case, the Update actress feature may be useful in future releases after more sites are added to scrape, which may have information on more actresses.

Speaking of height, I added a handy little feature for those (like me) who are not good at conceptualizing height in centimeters. Hover your mouse over the "Height" field, and you'll see a pop-up appear with the actress' height in feet and inches. Those of you accustomed to sane measurement systems can feel free to laugh at those of us still wedded to ancient imperial units.

I've also started work on better documentation. The GitHub landing page has a much nicer synopsis, and I've started working on a wiki to document all JavLuv features, settings, and options. Note that this is a work in progress, so there are a lot of blank pages now. But check this page for an example of what it should all eventually look like.

I suppose I should add some sort of help button or link to direct users to that site from JavLuv, but I'll do that when it's a bit closer to completion. Plus, I haven't figured out the form that will take yet, since JavLuv doesn't have a menu bar, where that functionality traditionally goes.

makaroni1

Mar 30, 2009
please add genres and series criteria this would be really killer option
A quick notice: I fixed a bug that was causing Actress height information to be missing in many cases. You may notice that item among the list in today's release. So, if you want to automatically fix this, you can use the right-click context option "Update actress" from the Actress browser. Unfortunately, this takes about as much time as the initial scan does. However, an update shouldn't clobber any of your existing data. In any case, the Update actress feature may be useful in future releases after more sites are added to scrape, which may have information on more actresses.

Speaking of height, I added a handy little feature for those (like me) who are not good at conceptualizing height in centimeters. Hover your mouse over the "Height" field, and you'll see a pop-up appear with the actress' height in feet and inches. Those of you accustomed to sane measurement systems can feel free to laugh at those of us still wedded to ancient imperial units.

I've also started work on better documentation. The GitHub landing page has a much nicer synopsis, and I've started working on a wiki to document all JavLuv features, settings, and options. Note that this is a work in progress, so there are a lot of blank pages now. But check this page for an example of what it should all eventually look like.

I suppose I should add some sort of help button or link to direct users to that site from JavLuv, but I'll do that when it's a bit closer to completion. Plus, I haven't figured out the form that will take yet, since JavLuv doesn't have a menu bar, where that functionality traditionally goes.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
please add genres and series criteria this would be really killer option

Could you explain what you want in a bit more detail? I'm not sure what you're asking for.

makaroni1

Mar 30, 2009
Could you explain what you want in a bit more detail? I'm not sure what you're asking for.
Sure curently you have 2 tabs of exploring and selecting db collection by name and by actress I m proposing 2(or3) more by genres and series.. (another option is studio ) as far as I understand it is just very simular just different fields of the meta data that your program so well downloading from somewere :) .... just if possible let it be dynamic with possibility of update once the metadata is updated by user in one way or the other . visually I proposing it as list of cashed names of series (can be pictures are well coresponsing to one or 2 of that series)as per metadata, user can click on it and tab changes to list of all movies in that series or that genre or that studio depends on level of selection very simular to the result of ther search engine with criteria of studio, genre os series hope I made it more clear and hope that you ll implement it

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Sure curently you have 2 tabs of exploring and selecting db collection by name and by actress I m proposing 2(or3) more by genres and series.. (another option is studio ) as far as I understand it is just very simular just different fields of the meta data that your program so well downloading from somewere :) .... just if possible let it be dynamic with possibility of update once the metadata is updated by user in one way or the other . visually I proposing it as list of cashed names of series (can be pictures are well coresponsing to one or 2 of that series)as per metadata, user can click on it and tab changes to list of all movies in that series or that genre or that studio depends on level of selection very simular to the result of ther search engine with criteria of studio, genre os series hope I made it more clear and hope that you ll implement it

Ah, yeah, much more clear, thanks. So, you'll be pleased to know that a genre management tab is already on my to-do list: https://github.com/JavLuv/JavLuv/issues/75

I've got a few ideas about the design and features, but the final design is still very much a work in progress. I remember seeing something similar in Kodi, and thought about how useful it would be to view and manage all genres from a central location. There are a lot of duplicate, redundant, and plain worthless genre tags scraped from multiple sites. I've added some default genre filters (check them out in Settings), but it would be better if users could take more of a hand in managing that themselves. And of course, we'll want a way to list movies by one or move genres as well.

Studios will probably be next. That's because it's relevant to pretty much every movie. It's currently pretty easy to search by studio, but it would be handy to have a listing, so you can view them by popularity, etc. I haven't made a task for it yet though.

Series is technically more of the same, but it's a bit problematical from a design standpoint. Of the four websites I scrape, only two of them have a "series" field, and even then, I almost never see it filled out properly. So unfortunately, I fear it's not going to be populated with much at all. That would mean people would probably have to fill out that data themselves, which probably means most people won't use it.

For me to evaluate, if you'd like (or others), feel free to give me some series (a few IDs of each) you'd like to view with this sort of feature, and I'll check out how often those websites even fill out that fields before making a decision. I'll probably run a quick check on my own data to see how many movies have the "series" field filled out. I'm pretty sure I do currently scrape it if it's available - will double-check that. So, consider that a "maybe".