JavLuv JAV Browser

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
Javinizer was pretty much the inspiration for JavLuv, except I wanted it to be much more user-friendly to install and use. I like their idea of using special format strings to create a customized sorting structure, so I'll probably do something similar. I've got a pretty good idea of how that could work.

One question I have though: Javinizer allows you to use Actresses during folder renaming. That makes sense for movies with a single featured actress. For example, you could create a folder with all Yui Hatano's movies. But how does it work with two or more actresses in a single movie? What happens in an omnibus film with a dozen actresses? It seems like that wouldn't work very well for certain types of movies.
I agree. I don't use folder renaming --I prefer to name individual files (vid, nfo, poster, thumb). I choose folder names manually.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
I've got a JavLuv update for everyone that provides a number of small enhancements and fixes:
  • Added filters for Studio and Label fields in Settings
  • Search now searches studio, label, and director fields
  • Search supports double quotes to help find exact terms
  • Settings filters and lists show spaces between terms to improve readability
  • User rating show as stars instead of a number in browser view when sorting by user rating
  • Move Folder command renamed to Move to Folder, and now works properly for multiple movies stored in a common folder
On occasion, I add new default filters to settings. By default, JavLuv does NOT alter your settings, to preserve any changes you've made. For those updating, you might want to click the "Reset to Default" button if you haven't made changes to settings,

Windows installer;
https://filejoker.net/af0q8t6w9suj/Setup_JavLuv.msi

Zipped/portable:
https://filejoker.net/n0t8t3vtxbbx/JavLuv.zip

Advanced JavLuv features:

Did you know JavLuv can filter all your metadata, changing or removing various terms? It does this when first scraping and downloading metadata, but you can use this feature to make your own preferred changes as well.

In Options, you'll see a number of "filters" for Studios, Labels, Genre, and Actresses. Each filter string is in the form of "term1=term2", with semicolons separating them. In this example, anywhere JavLuv finds "term1", it will substitute "term2". If the second term is blank, it will erase the first term. You can perform the filtering by selecting a thumbnail (CTRL-A selects all thumbnails), right-clicking on the selections, then selecting "Filter Metadata"

Last edited:
Reactions: mei2 and rumburack

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I ran into an annoying issue when trying to move some movies that were already at the destination I selected. The command now just silently ignores any movies you try to move to the same destination. This makes it easier to bulk-move movies without being so picky about selection. Also fixed a minor issue with the error dialog in that command.

Windows installer:
https://filejoker.net/fqwmlrr1pka4/Setup_JavLuv.msi

Zipped/portable:
https://filejoker.net/np80bdorddhq/JavLuv.zip

Last edited:

maload

Jul 1, 2008
i cant pass captcha s filejoker s test . i try so many time , lots of browser ...
do you have googledrive or madiafire or something like that ?

Reactions: mei2

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
thank you so much . i got it but i dont play it yet.
i got Pfizer yesterday . it make me lazy
Better sluggish for a day than feeling like death warmed over for weeks.

Anyhow, glad the new links worked for you. Let me know if you run into any issues, have suggestions, etc.

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
I ran into an annoying issue when trying to move some movies that were already at the destination I selected. The command now just silently ignores any movies you try to move to the same destination. This makes it easier to bulk-move movies without being so picky about selection. Also fixed a minor issue with the error dialog in that command.

Windows installer:
https://filejoker.net/fqwmlrr1pka4/Setup_JavLuv.msi

Zipped/portable:
https://filejoker.net/np80bdorddhq/JavLuv.zip
I tried the portable version. I deleted the cache and re-scanned. The thumbnails are not fully shown / result is intermittent --see below:

1642607031209.png

Reactions: shawn720s

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I tried the portable version. I deleted the cache and re-scanned. The thumbnails are not fully shown / result is intermittent --see below:
I'm thinking this may be because you had an earlier version that had already downloaded metadata for those movies. JavLuv only downloads cover images while it's downloading metadata. You might be able to fix these by selecting all movies with missing covers, then right-click and select "Regenerate metadata".
Let me know if that fixes anything.

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
I'm thinking this may be because you had an earlier version that had already downloaded metadata for those movies. JavLuv only downloads cover images while it's downloading metadata. You might be able to fix these by selecting all movies with missing covers, then right-click and select "Regenerate metadata".
Let me know if that fixes anything.
Didn't work --same result. I wonder if I should/could make a clean install. Where does the portable version keep its local cache? I can delete manually.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Local cache and settings are kept in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\JavLuv. You can simply delete that folder if you want to start from scratch. Note that AppData is a hidden file, so you'll need to check "Hidden Files" in Explorer's View section to see that folder.

You'll probably also want to revert your folder back to the way it was, which means deleting .nfo files. Not sure if you started with cover images, or just movies. In Explorer, navigate to your movie folder, and type *.nfo in search, then select and delete all those files. If you didn't originally have cover images, you can try deleting those as well. Careful you don't accidentally delete your movies!

Are cover images actually getting downloaded for those missing movie covers and just not displaying, or are they missing (not getting downloaded)? By default, if you're downloading cover images, they should be named the same as the movie.

Also, if you're willing, I'm attaching a small zipped batch file that you can drop in your movie folder, then unzip and double-click to run. The batch file will create a text file containing a list of your filenames, then zips them up (required for attachments to this forum, as I understand it). Or, you can just execute this at a command prompt from your movie folder.

dir /b > filenames.txt
tar -a -c -f filenames.zip filenames.txt

I'm hoping I can reproduce whatever issues you're having if I have an exact list of your filenames.

Attachments

• ListFiles.zip
    215 bytes · Views: 130
Last edited:
Reactions: mei2

DarkMask

Jul 26, 2012
This is pretty awesome!

I've mulled over creating something myself for a while now but then remember I still need to finish sorting my collection and keep postponing it, lol.

I saw you already mentioned possibly implementing renaming in the future which is awesome, and I look forward to that feature!

Couple questions if you don't mind.

Any reason it's not open source as you're already giving it away for free? Would allow other devs to contribute on say Github and track issues/features outside of this thread.

How does it handle larger collections in the thousands?

I haven't had the time to try it yet so I'm sure this would be answered by using the program so this is really on me, but does it allow for specifying a source folder and having the files moves into a destination folder?

Also, what are you using for the GUI?

Reactions: Shinto1337

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
Local cache and settings are kept in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\JavLuv. You can simply delete that folder if you want to start from scratch. Note that AppData is a hidden file, so you'll need to check "Hidden Files" in Explorer's View section to see that folder.

You'll probably also want to revert your folder back to the way it was, which means deleting .nfo files. Not sure if you started with cover images, or just movies. In Explorer, navigate to your movie folder, and type *.nfo in search, then select and delete all those files. If you didn't originally have cover images, you can try deleting those as well. Careful you don't accidentally delete your movies!

Are cover images actually getting downloaded for those missing movie covers and just not displaying, or are they missing (not getting downloaded)? By default, if you're downloading cover images, they should be named the same as the movie.

Also, if you're willing, I'm attaching a small zipped batch file that you can drop in your movie folder, then unzip and double-click to run. The batch file will create a text file containing a list of your filenames, then zips them up (required for attachments to this forum, as I understand it). Or, you can just execute this at a command prompt from your movie folder.

dir /b > filenames.txt
tar -a -c -f filenames.zip filenames.txt

I'm hoping I can reproduce whatever issues you're having if I have an exact list of your filenames.
Thanks. I'll give it a try during the weekend and will let you know.

Reactions: Shinto1337

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
This is pretty awesome!

I've mulled over creating something myself for a while now but then remember I still need to finish sorting my collection and keep postponing it, lol.

Thanks. I made this pretty much for my own use, because existing solutions seemed a little too hard to use, or required a bunch of third-party libraries, or required installing Java, or whatever. My goal was to create a very simple solution that people could just install and use as is.

I saw you already mentioned possibly implementing renaming in the future which is awesome, and I look forward to that feature!

Couple questions if you don't mind.

Any reason it's not open source as you're already giving it away for free? Would allow other devs to contribute on say Github and track issues/features outside of this thread.

Yep, the plan is to eventually release it as open source on GitHub. For the time being, I don't mind having a smaller audience here to do the initial alpha testing.

How does it handle larger collections in the thousands?

Hard to say for certain, but I'd imagine it does okay. My own collection is around 1500 movies, and I tuned the performance based on that. There are a few areas I'd like to improve, but I've done a considerable amount of work ensuring it performs well: using async programming, virtualizing the browser display, caching thumbnails on a fast local drive, etc.

I haven't had the time to try it yet so I'm sure this would be answered by using the program so this is really on me, but does it allow for specifying a source folder and having the files moves into a destination folder?

There's no notion of a "destination" folder for your library per se (this may change with the move / renaming feature), but you can right-click on a selection of one or more movies in the browser view and use the "move to folder" command.

Also, what are you using for the GUI?

The app is written in C#, and uses WPF for the GUI.

DarkMask

Jul 26, 2012
Thanks for the info!

I'll have some time this weekend to give it a go and start getting some organization introduced to my collection.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Amazing organizer, I've been looking for this for a long time. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. Seemed a shame to keep it all to myself.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Last edited:

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013