JAV Sales Report - September 2021 (the Return of Julia?)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Burdeos

Jul 17, 2021
She seems to be a lot less popular in Japan judging by her ranking on DMM.

I find it a lot more interesting that considerring Ichika Matsumoto's low number of released titles (compared to most others in the rankings), and her high rankings on every list, she seems to be #1 overall seller. Amazing considerring how young she is and how many more years she has ahead of her.

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014

I find it a lot more interesting that considerring Ichika Matsumoto's low number of released titles (compared to most others in the rankings), and her high rankings on every list, she seems to be #1 overall seller. Amazing considerring how young she is and how many more years she has ahead of her.
According to the article, Ichika is only ranking 1 in DMM digital sales. So, it's just one chart. And I'm sure she will not have the longevity of Julia. The girls who release tons of movies per month last maybe 2-3 years. It happened with Aki Sasaki for example. And without being a fan of her, Julia is a veteran in the JAV business, her body is still fit, she never had to do hardcore stuff to sell, so it shows she has a solid fan base and still sells well.

Burdeos

Jul 17, 2021
According to the article, Ichika is only ranking 1 in DMM digital sales. So, it's just one chart. And I'm sure she will not have the longevity of Julia. The girls who release tons of movies per month last maybe 2-3 years. It happened with Aki Sasaki for example. And without being a fan of her, Julia is a veteran in the JAV business, her body is still fit, she never had to do hardcore stuff to sell, so it shows she has a solid fan base and still sells well.
There are many things to take into consideration here, like how Ichika has less than half of Julia's releases which means she is selling way more copies per title. Then again, you can say that Julia is retired and those are old movies, but on the contrary Julia was marketed as a super star for a long time and posters of her and her movies were all over the place. Can't really say the same about Ichika, she doesn't get her titles on the front pages too often or get huge posters in the entrances of stores.
Julia has also had many years to establish her self, she wasn't star from the get go, she also had a decent amount of surgeries that got her to where she was at the end.
In terms of longevity, that's to be expected, Ichika is playing loli characters while Julia was always somewhat of a milf and we all know for how many decades Julia Ann has milked the milf thing.

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
There are many things to take into consideration here, like how Ichika has less than half of Julia's releases which means she is selling way more copies per title. Then again, you can say that Julia is retired and those are old movies, but on the contrary Julia was marketed as a super star for a long time and posters of her and her movies were all over the place. Can't really say the same about Ichika, she doesn't get her titles on the front pages too often or get huge posters in the entrances of stores.
Julia has also had many years to establish her self, she wasn't star from the get go, she also had a decent amount of surgeries that got her to where she was at the end.
In terms of longevity, that's to be expected, Ichika is playing loli characters while Julia was always somewhat of a milf and we all know for how many decades Julia Ann has milked the milf thing.
We would need details for each movie to know that. Julia still makes movies and she's still with the same studio, so both are probably happy with the sales. Julia has the busty & slender look that appeal to a broader potential audience. Ichika is fitting into the loli category. Lolis have never been very popular in JAV, it's a niche. The exception might be Tsubomi, but she is a special case. Also, smaller studios and being freelance reduce the chance of getting big promos for your titles by the studios (as you aren't exclusive). Abe Mikako never got mainstream in the JAV world. Only people interested in lolis know her. The look is also one big factor. For example, Kawakita Saika is ranking #3 in DMM physical sales, and she has max 10 movies.

I hope you aren't talking about breast implants because it's getting really annoying read the same comments over and over while there are replies about it on the forum. She might have done some stuff to her face, even if a small weight loss and makeup can change a face completely (her makeup is different for sure).

Burdeos

Jul 17, 2021
We would need details for each movie to know that. Julia still makes movies and she's still with the same studio, so both are probably happy with the sales. Julia has the busty & slender look that appeal to a broader potential audience. Ichika is fitting into the loli category. Lolis have never been very popular in JAV, it's a niche. The exception might be Tsubomi, but she is a special case. Also, smaller studios and being freelance reduce the chance of getting big promos for your titles by the studios (as you aren't exclusive). Abe Mikako never got mainstream in the JAV world. Only people interested in lolis know her. The look is also one big factor. For example, Kawakita Saika is ranking #3 in DMM physical sales, and she has max 10 movies.

I hope you aren't talking about breast implants because it's getting really annoying read the same comments over and over while there are replies about it on the forum. She might have done some stuff to her face, even if a small weight loss and makeup can change a face completely (her makeup is different for sure).
I was talking about face enhancements, not breast.

ramp_it_up

Dec 21, 2018

I've notice on R18 they promote this movie for the last couple of months on recommended. I don't know if its a glitch.

1634493427208.jpeg

BDrake

Akiba Citizen
Sep 29, 2015
Happy to see some of my favorites get shine: Mina Kitano, Mei Satsuki, Riho Fujimori, and Karen Yuzuriha!

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
I've notice on R18 they promote this movie for the last couple of months on recommended. I don't know if its a glitch.

View attachment 2749788

The recommends are based on what people are purchasing and in what kind of content YOU are clicking.

There is no special treatment for any movie :) Users makes the movies show or not show in recommend