Is there such a thing as reverse weeaboos?

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
So basically I am wondering if there is Japanese Version of a weeaboo or reverse weeaboo.
Being a anime fan myself I notice that a lot of weeaboos who infest anime forums. They tend to be very hateful towards anyone who points out that anime=cartoons, that you can't judge the acting ability or emotion of an actor whose language you are not fluent in. So I was wondering if there are Japanese fans of American cartoons and comics or even live action shows who behave in a similar manner.

Here the basic definitions of weeaboo from urban dictionary if anyone does not know what a weeaboo is.
1.Weeaboo
Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total assholes. You can find alot of these faggots clogging up the forums of Gaia Online, hanging out in the international aisle of the supermarket, or crowding the manga section of your local bookstore. Synonym of wapanese.

6.1. Any self-proclaiming anime fan who alienates themselve from their own society and assimilate into the Japanese culture from which they know little-to-none about; using their so-called anime knowledge as a guide, which destined them to ultimate failure in assimilation. 2. A special breed of anime fans who put Japan on a pedastol and prefer them over any other countries in terms of multimedia, courtship, etc... (E.g. prefer Japanese/Asian sprouses, prefer J-music > Amer. music, wanna live and die Japan, etc...) As far as anime goes, they know only little. For example, the average weeaboo knows only americanized anime; preferly uncut with jap. audio and eng. subs ( E.g. Naruto, DBZ, Bleach, Haruhi Suziyama, Lucky Star, etc...) and memorized every japanese song from their favorite shows.

Note: Anybody who watches some anime and reads manga are not weeaboos. Those who go over-broaded with their anime, hentai, and pocky obsession are.

5.A non japanese person who basically denounces their own culture and calls themselves japanese. They try to learn japanese through the anime they watch and usually end up pronouncing it wrong and looking like a complete idiot.

7. Weeaboo
Someone who thinks Japan is superior over EVERYTHING. Not in reference to someone who likes to watch some anime, reads some manga, eats some teriyaki once or twice a month, etc. The main difference is that a Weeaboo doesn't care about the culture, where a non-weeaboo (I don't know the term, and I don't want to use otaku which is, in fact, a derogatory term) does. A weeaboo speaks Wapanese (i.e. Kawaii neko!! Can I hug your neko-chan?). However they are not to be confused with someone who is still learning Japanese. A weeaboo will obsess over no more that ten anime/manga and then claim to know EVERYTHING there is to know about Japan. They base the majority of their knowledge, if not all of it, of Japan on really bad anime. Not decent ones like Pretear or Suzumiya Haruhi. Shit ones like DBZ.

mooman

none
Feb 22, 2007
This makes me laugh. Weeaboo's make me sick -- no offense. I may like some loli/Jr. Idol shit .. but I'm not obsessed. In fact, many times I ask my Japanese girlfriend why Japan kills and eats whales/dolphins and horses. I "love" America ... both countries have their different freedoms. I respect both.

Oh and no. I don't listen to Japanese music ... maybe once a blue moon.

My ex-girlfriend whom was also Japanese (and the one before her, and the one before that......) HATED Japan. She listed to American/English Scremo and Hardcore music. Hated Japanese men, and would almost refuse to speak Japanese to me at all.

Usually my girlfriend(s) want me to learn more Japanese ... not in the ex's case. :puzzled:

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Yes.

[fullattach]363624[/fullattach]

Keep in mind, a weeaboo is anyone who has an unhealthy/abnormal obsession in anything about Japan, not just anime/manga -- for reasons that are beyond logic. (It just happens that anime/manga obsessions are much easier to spot.) This includes people who intentionally date only Japanese girls, if for some reason they believe Japanese females are superior to other female, simply because of their being Japanese.

Should also be worth noting that people who have a particularly strong interest in anime/manga, even if legitimate, are still considered oddballs even in Japan (called ani-wota, or anime otaku).

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
[fullattach]363651[/fullattach]

if for some reason they believe Japanese females are superior to other female, simply because of their being Japanese

What you mean they are not!? :eek:y:

After all that time I've spent wanking to them. :notagain:

That's just not possible. :ignore:

Oct 6, 2007
Anyone who dates a girl based off nationality should be shot and rid of their existance on this planet, it's fucking retarded. I've had people ask me "why do you date Korean girls? Do you date them because they are Korean?" and I can only stare in awe of their stupidity. Yes, I do date Korean women but that is because I have an interest in Korean culture and the language and because I respect their culture I naturally find them more attractive and have more in common with them. However if I found a girl who was the same but not Korean (which has happened before) I have no problem dating them as well.

Death Metal

Burning Knuckle
Jan 9, 2007
Anyone who dates a girl based off nationality should be shot and rid of their existance on this planet, it's fucking retarded.
Actually, anyone who judges people based on things that do not concern their own should be shot and rid of their existance on this planet, it's fucking retarded.

Oct 6, 2007
Actually, anyone who judges people based on things that do not concern their own should be shot and rid of their existance on this planet, it's fucking retarded.

Whatever weeaboo boy, keep chasing Japanese girls because they are Japanese.

Girls should be judged on personality, but since your life sized pillow doesn't have a personality you don't know that.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007

Girls should be judged on personality, but since your life sized pillow doesn't have a personality you don't know that.

Sha-ZAAAMMMMMM!!!!!

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008

You are both wrong. A girl should not be judged by the color of her skin, ethnicity or nationality, but by the size of her breasts.

Oct 6, 2007
You are both wrong. A girl should not be judged by the color of her skin, ethnicity or nationality, but by the size of her breasts.

But I'm not a breast man ㅠ_ㅜ well I guess it still goes, I like em small (like A cup Japanese/Korean size is nice) as long as they HAVE breasts, I don't like the mosquito bite tits.

Current GF has like...C cup Korean size...but she's lost weight since she went back to Korea so I'm sure they'll shrink along with the rest of her body.

fidget

Mar 23, 2011
Death Metal does have a point, and you did not addressed his point rather just attacked him, so I want to address this: "do not concern their own", I mean, I don't see why people have to care (or hate) about other people's lifestyles and preferences when I pressume it does not affect you at all, given that they are people you never met and never will, so I don't get the hate. Yeah, well, that's becaue I'm not like that, I mean, I don't care what other people do or like or whatever as long as that doesn't affect me negatively, so I don't understand the hate out of, apparently, no reason.

It looks like some level of intolerance, which pretty much.... is not a good thing.

What I find odd is that you seem ok? by the "judging a woman by her breasts" but not by "judging a woman by her ethnicity" (although that isn't necessarily "judging" in some cases, many times it is just attraction, which is another issue) (yeah I know EzikialRage was kidding :p)

chrisfallout

Jul 8, 2008

dude i an not with you. should base on what on inside not on out side. you where way wrong with that remark

chrisfallout

Jul 8, 2008
Death Metal does have a point, and you did not addressed his point rather just attacked him, so I want to address this: "do not concern their own", I mean, I don't see why people have to care (or hate) about other people's lifestyles and preferences when I pressume it does not affect you at all, given that they are people you never met and never will, so I don't get the hate. Yeah, well, that's becaue I'm not like that, I mean, I don't care what other people do or like or whatever as long as that doesn't affect me negatively, so I don't understand the hate out of, apparently, no reason.

It looks like some level of intolerance, which pretty much.... is not a good thing.

What I find odd is that you seem ok? by the "judging a woman by her breasts" but not by "judging a woman by her ethnicity" (although that isn't necessarily "judging" in some cases, many times it is just attraction, which is another issue) (yeah I know EzikialRage was kidding :p)

if you look at the death metal scene it came from European areas not in USA. only reason why took off so good in USA because market for it. it really huge as you think it is in USA. since hard for it to get air play just like black metal. only time you hear it over nights or on xm/sirus radio. since we have laws on what can be said over airwaves.

Volcan

Master of the Mountain
Apr 16, 2007
if you look at the death metal scene it came from European areas not in USA. only reason why took off so good in USA because market for it. it really huge as you think it is in USA. since hard for it to get air play just like black metal. only time you hear it over nights or on xm/sirus radio. since we have laws on what can be said over airwaves.
This is a mispost if ever I've seen one... What's this?

Oct 6, 2007
fidget: It directly concerns me because if douche bags who date girls based off nationality live in Vancouver (which I'm sure they do) and give international students that impression, it makes me look bad. That's the exact reason while living in Korea I NEVER had any foreign friends. All my friends were Korean because I didn't want to be placed into the douche bag American army category. In Korea if you are white everyone assumes you are an American which is a huge insult. A direct example of how others affect me, I had some Korean talk to me only after they found out I was Canadian because they didn't want to talk to Americans.

chrisfallout: Death Metal is a username you moron, how about you actually read the entire topic instead of randomly posting replies trying to make you sound smart when it just makes you look stupid.

Volcan

Master of the Mountain
Apr 16, 2007
fidget: It directly concerns me because if douche bags who date girls based off nationality live in Vancouver (which I'm sure they do) and give international students that impression, it makes me look bad. That's the exact reason while living in Korea I NEVER had any foreign friends. All my friends were Korean because I didn't want to be placed into the douche bag American army category. In Korea if you are white everyone assumes you are an American which is a huge insult. A direct example of how others affect me, I had some Korean talk to me only after they found out I was Canadian because they didn't want to talk to Americans.

chrisfallout: Death Metal is a username you moron, how about you actually read the entire topic instead of randomly posting replies trying to make you sound smart when it just makes you look stupid.

Uhh insult how? We do have forces stationed there after all, if I saw you I'd assume you were american too until you opened your mouth and started reflexively insulting our beers.
Oh, those horrible american douche-bags protecting us from the communists. Also treating us like equals, the bastards!

Oct 6, 2007
Uhh insult how? We do have forces stationed there after all, if I saw you I'd assume you were american too until you opened your mouth and started reflexively insulting our beers.
Oh, those horrible american douche-bags protecting us from the communists. Also treating us like equals, the bastards!

Americans act like huge cock suckers everywhere they are in the world, but especially in foreign countries because they have no respect for other cultures. They think "I'm American, all girls want my penis because I have white skin and speak English" when it's exactly the opposite in most cases. The girl that just want white penis are usually full of STDs. It's insulting to a females intelligence to have that mentality and it gives ALL foreigners in Korea a bad impression right off the bat regardless of where you are from.

I almost got in a fight with some big black army guy who told me if I touched him again he would "take me down" because I was at a club with my GF and after having her grind up against me and kiss for for a couple hours I went to the bathroom to find this guy (who was previously taking pictures of her on his cell phone until I stared him down...creeper much?) and his friend cornering her against the bar talking to her and I pushed him out of the way saying she was with me.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
It directly concerns me because if douche bags who date girls based off nationality live in Vancouver (which I'm sure they do) and give international students that impression, it makes me look bad. That's the exact reason while living in Korea I NEVER had any foreign friends. All my friends were Korean because I didn't want to be placed into the douche bag American army category. In Korea if you are white everyone assumes you are an American which is a huge insult. A direct example of how others affect me, I had some Korean talk to me only after they found out I was Canadian because they didn't want to talk to Americans.
IMO it's a two way street from both sides.

First, you give those international students (and the like) far too little faith by assuming that all of them are incapable of judging for themselves and will automatically assume that every white male is an American douche. If you try in earnest to befriend a person, only to be ignored because they assume you're a douche, is it even worth pursuing a friendship/relationship with that sort of person? I think it's less of a personal attack (assuming you're a douche) and more of an indication of their personality/character (someone who is disingenuous).

Second, sure, there are guys who date girls only because of their race. There are also girls who take advantage of their own non-caucasian ethnicity in order to hook up with those guys. Are those necessarily the kinds of girls you want to befriend?

Third, I find the contention "no foreign friends because I would be labeled a douchebag" dishonest. Surely there are some Americans who aren't douches, and yet you've gone and labeled all foreigners "American army douchebags" solely on their race (because they are "foreign"), and consciously chosen not to befriend any of them based on their race. To me, choosing friends "because they aren't foreign" is no better than choosing friends "because they're Asian".

[I realize you didn't actually say "all foreigners are douchebags", but that's what you've implied: you believe that if you had any foreign friends, Koreans would think you were an American douchebag; because if you were Korean, you believe that you would assume all foreigners were American douchebags (because that's what other Koreans have done), which is why you choose not to befriend any foreigners in the first place.]

Moreover, shouldn't it be obvious that such a belief is susceptible to backfire? If you only have non-foreign friends, some people may start to think that you're only interested in Koreans/Asians. Which itself is already a partial truth because of choosing not to have foreign friends. So by disassociating yourself from those American douchebags, you've successfully convinced others that you're an asianophile (which, maybe subconsciously you might be). But again, would you necessarily want to be friends with people who label you an asianophile?

And it's not like choosing not to have any foreign friends does anything to break the stereotype that "all foreigners are douchebags". It's the difference between "I have no non-Asian friends, because all foreigners [except me] are douchebags", and "I have both Asian and non-Asian friends, because I realize [just as you should] that race does not determine whether a person is a douchebag or not."

Here in Japan, I have both Japanese friends and non-Japanese friends. I choose them not because of their race, but because of their character. When I meet new people, I don't worry about what they might assume about me based on my image [just as in like kindness, I don't judge them solely on their image]. The character of my friends speaks more about me than the race of my friends, and anyone who can't appreciate that or who is too ingrained in their racial prejudices probably isn't someone I want to be friends with -- and to that end, there are plenty of Japanese and non-Japanese who I am not friends with.

The only reason I have more Japanese friends than foreign friends here is simply because there are few foreigners in Japan, and I meet far more Japanese people in my everyday life than foreigners.

Or maybe everyone in Korea is extremely judgmental, and this is all reactionary. (But hey, that in itself is an unfair assumption on my part with zero basis, so why should anyone listen to me?)
:evillaugh:

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Americans act like huge cock suckers everywhere they are in the world, but especially in foreign countries because they have no respect for other cultures.
Well, as a non-cocksucking American living in a foreign country for which I have deep respect, admiration and affection, I have to respectfully disagree with this assertion.

Of course, there are some Americans (and here in Japan, Nigerians, Thai, Chinese, and some other races) who are complete douches. And they tend to be the ones that make the most noise. Which I guess explains the idea that "they're ruining it for the rest of us."

But at least in Japan, that idea (of douchebags who ruin it for everyone else) is just and idea and not reality. The fact that a couple American servicemen r***ing a poor Japanese girl a few years ago has not "ruined it for me" in any way, because the sweeping majority of people who I have met here understand or at least are mature enough not to assume (quite reasonably) that I am not the same as the few derranged Americans. Or the few derranged Chinese (who break laws to work illegally). Or the few bad Nigerians (who resort to violence to resolve conflicts). Or even the few bad Japanese (who themselves have a whole series of bad behavior).

Not once has the action of another person, or any resulting stereotype of that action, affected me in any way, not would I let it if it had the opportunity. I live by and let others judge me solely by my own merits, and anyone who willingly uses another person to judge me is not someone with whom I want to waste my short life.

And not all Americans are cock-sucking douchebags. But I hope you'll understand if some of us are wary of befriending anyone who believes so. It's not fair to be labeled something you're not, just as it wouldn't be fair to go around and say "All Canucks are pussies who think all Americans are cock-suckers", because I know there are lots of wonderful Canadians who don't believe that.
:exhausted: