Is there any interest in old stuff?

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
Meaning 1990s and earlier. I have a few idol VHS tapes, one of them from the late 1980s, as well as a really, really old DVD. I was just wondering how much interest there is in older material like this, since almost all discussion here is about post-2000 material.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
yes

there is a lot of Idols that need to brought to life again

fenton

Feb 10, 2017
There is loads of it on Perfect Dark and eMule. Where do you get it from?

Maybe start by listing some titles and actresses.

Reactions: Restarter

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
These are the videos I was talking about:

麗しの姫君たち

939003368.jpg

Code: PSV-010
Release Date: Unknown*
Starring: Keiko Saito, Yuko Mizushima, Shinobu Horie, Yumi Kotani, Hiromi Yamamoto, Chie Masuoka

*Shinobu Horie died in 1988, so this was either released before that or features archive footage of her. It's entirely possible that this is just a compilation of previously-released footage of all of them. I think the latter scenario is more likely, due to the presence of a JAN with barcode on the back cover, which is not present on most other Japanese cassettes from the 1980s.

Ruby
939001189.jpg

Code: PGO-012
Release Date: 1996/12/20
Starring: Aoi Inoue*

*Aoi Inoue was 14 at the time of shooting, so this is technically a junior idol title.

田村愛 19歳 あ・ぶ・な・い夏
939003622.jpg

Code: KS-2012
Release Date: 1988/12/15
Starring: Megumi Tamura
(The series that this video is part of...how 'bout that name?!)

Water Melon
139000217.jpg

Code: HODV-00002
Release Date: 1996/12/15
Starring: Senna Matsuda, Ichiko Sannomiya*

*This appears to be a reissue of two older videos, previously only available on separate VHS tapes. I don't know if both videos are included in full, or if it's a mash-up of random segments, because the DVD is set up rather weirdly. It's also interesting to note that this DVD was apparently released in December 1996. If true, that makes it one of the first DVDs ever made, released within a month of the DVD player's Japanese launch in November 1996 (the format wasn't available anywhere else until the North American launch in March 1997). It also uses a standard CD jewel case instead of a DVD keep case, another sign of its age.

I don't have any of these digitized, and I haven't watched them yet, save for part of Water Melon (I have a somewhat large backlog of physical idol media to watch). I just wanted to know if there was any interest in material this age. Mainstream beauty standards have changed somewhat in the last 20 years, though some beauty transcends time...

Last edited:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
looks very good, I did not know about a death of a young Idol, I hope she died peacefully

I agree with you that beauty transcends time, and it would be nice to see some Idols from the past, I would like to see some, I know styles change, and in a way it is like music, it moves on, and we all still listen to the retro stuff as well

really appreciate whatever you offer

Reactions: vincent_z

fenton

Feb 10, 2017
I'll have a look. Do you have kanji for any of their names? I can't find any for Aoi Inoue.

Restarter

Forklædt Som Voksen (Disguised as an Adult)
Feb 24, 2020
I cannot tell you how emphatic a Yes I can give to your question. Would love to see these. I have been able to download some idol videos and would like to contribute if possible. I do not know if you consider nude idols like Naomi Komaki or Atsuko Sakuraba, or the Beppin series as old stuff. Hope you are able to create a way to follow you on this.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
1) I cannot tell you how emphatic a Yes I can give to your question. Would love to see these. I have been able to download some idol videos and would like to contribute if possible. 2) I do not know if you consider nude idols like Naomi Komaki or Atsuko Sakuraba, or the Beppin series as old stuff. 3) Hope you are able to create a way to follow you on this.

1) in agreement, and we are always grateful whatever the contribution
2) how old is old stuff, I am even finding it hard to answer, shall we say pre akiba-online, (up for suggestions)
3) that part is easy, when starting a new thread, just link it here

fenton

Feb 10, 2017
It's not that easy. Screenshots are no problem but finding covers and accurate information for a lot of these videos is hard. Often the file names are wrong or useless.

Could we have some kind of relaxed thread where people can post videos they are not sure about and then people can either just DL them or even better post info they have and then split off into new threads?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
it took me a while to think about this, but it can be done, using tags will help a lot as well,

could also produce a separate section depending how much we get

Restarter

Forklædt Som Voksen (Disguised as an Adult)
Feb 24, 2020
Just to let you know, PSV-010 looks to be a compilation video as it was released in October, 1992. Info from this site(no cover given):
https://tsutaya.tsite.jp/item/book/PTA0000G0IUV
And as fenton has said, finding covers is very difficult. I tried finding covers for Stooky Bill's videos using only the info given (not an image search) and could only find a better cover for KS-2012:
KS-2012_cover_front_and_spine.jpg PGO-012_cover_back.jpg PGO-012_cover_back_incomplete.jpg

Reactions: CoolKevin

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
Just for the record, I remember checking PD for these before buying them.

I will try to scan the covers in higher resolution.

Is eMule even worth using anymore? There are only about five servers still working and they don't stay connected for long, and Kad downloads never seem to finish for me. Perfect Dark is iffy too. (Share and WinMX don't seem to download at all).

Last edited:

vincent_z

Low Angler
Nov 27, 2007
Yes, I am definitely intrigued about older idol releases.
Let me mention here that the VHS' and DVDs with UPC bar codes can be looked up on either specified search engines, or even Google. ;)

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
Can somebody translate this for me?
村田久二夫
This is the director credits for one of the segments of PSV-010, but I can't get a consistent romanized name out of it with translation tools.