Is it worth if I format hard drive?

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
Is it worth it if I format the hard drive that has JAV in it? And then re-download it for better organized?

Reactions: ding73ding

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
No No No...and No. If you want to better organize the same JAV titles, no need to re-download anything. Just...better organize it on the same hard drive in different folders or whatever system works for you.

eshwaa

Nov 29, 2014
That's up to you. If you like the stuff you download then you should probably take the time to organize it. Doesn't have to be all at once. Maybe start by organizing things properly from now on and organize the stuff you already have slowly. Delete stuff you don't want.

radaogapgap

May 27, 2014
Why delete it when you can store it online? I have a 5tb onedrive cloud storage account. I have had it years ago but up til now I still haven't used half of its space
I forgot to mention that it's free. I am not sure if it's legally free though :D

Reactions: Taako and Casshern2

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Why delete it when you can store it online? I have a 5tb onedrive cloud storage account. I have had it years ago but up til now I still haven't used half of its space
I forgot to mention that it's free. I am not sure if it's legally free though :D
My problem with cloud storage is that anything I download and want to archive I have to then upload it again. And, if I want it again from the cloud, I have download it a second time from there to have it.

Reactions: Taako

radaogapgap

May 27, 2014
You dont need to access to the web with your onedrive installed on your computer. At least you dont have to completely delete it and still be able to save room for your hard drive, it will be always there on your cloud, you dont need to worry about where to download it again.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
"OneDrive is an Internet-based storage platform with a significant chunk of space offered for free by Microsoft to anyone with a Microsoft account. Think of it as a hard drive in the cloud, which you can share, with a few extra benefits thrown in. One of the primary benefits: OneDrive hooks into Windows 10, at least in fits and starts."

OneDrive from Microsoft? That's cloud-based, which means, you need internet access to get to your data. I'm afraid you have me confused.

Reactions: Taako

radaogapgap

May 27, 2014
Yeah I know what you meant, I was just telling you, in case you dont use OneDrive, that you dont need to access to the onedrive.com website to manage your files. You can upload it by move your file to your onedrive folder, and if you want to delete it just choose not to sync it (dont delete it directly on your onedrive folder, the file will be wiped out from the cloud data as well) and vice versa if you want to download it

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Yeah I know what you meant, I was just telling you, in case you dont use OneDrive, that you dont need to access to the onedrive.com website to manage your files. You can upload it by move your file to your onedrive folder, and if you want to delete it just choose not to sync it (dont delete it directly on your onedrive folder, the file will be wiped out from the cloud data as well) and vice versa if you want to download it
I guess that's my point. OneDrive means you upload your files to the cloud, correct? Why upload something you've downloaded for storage? I'd rather have offline storage as to not have to download things again. Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

radaogapgap

May 27, 2014
I guess that's my point. OneDrive means you upload your files to the cloud, correct? Why upload something you've downloaded for storage? I'd rather have offline storage as to not have to download things again. Maybe I'm misunderstanding.
Have you ever been in a situation that you dont watch a video anymore but you dont want to delete it? Well then just throw it to the cloud storage and leave it there. It will always be there until you delete it. Maybe in the future you might need it unexpectedly and you had no trouble finding downloadable sources, just download it again from your cloud. I remember when I downloaded KV-162 FHD and deleted it, then a week later I wanted it again but it had been completely gone missing from the internet, I put a lot of effort into finding it again but to no avail.

Reactions: Taako and Casshern2

radaogapgap

May 27, 2014
5tb for free? It is indeed strange.
Microsoft gave every student in my university a 1tb storage account. I didn't care about that at first but when I didn't have enough space on my hard drive, I thought of uploading the files I no longer needed onto OneDrive. Then I thought that I could do the same to AV movies but I didn't think 1tb was enough for me so I googled if I could create another free 1tb one drive account and now I have a place to store all videos I like (some of them are pretty rare now that you'd have trouble finding it online). I didn't use Google Drive because I heard that they might delete your account.
If you're interested, I can help you create one.
upload_2018-10-7_16-46-50.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Casshern2

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
You want be careful about formatting your hard drive, some movies you have may not be available to download again. I had that issue several years ago. I personally recommend just hunkering down and re-organizing your movies, but if you really want to do a clean sweep, check for available downloads for all the movies you really want to keep.

Valid point here ! For exemple, I came back to Haruka Namiki few weeks ago, after deleting her movies. She started in 2015 and for some movies, it was really difficult to have them back in HD. Direct download links are often dead or on shitty hosts that nobody use (and I don't want to pay one subscription for only one link lol). And torrents are also quickly dead.

I think you should format your HDD and find a GF, or a hooker.
Or watch a JAV with a GF :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Taako and Shiyuan

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
Is it worth it if I format the hard drive that has JAV in it? And then re-download it for better organized?

do you know that you can make new folders and moving files (include video files) between folders ??

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
what is wrong with your harddrive that would make you want to format it? how is it set up that would cause you to need to re download it for better organization?