Immersive 3D Content and Enthusiasts (oh boy...)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Popodog

Apr 14, 2010
[QUOTE="

If you're referring to the "under the sheets" theme, I really like the theme myself, so I tag those titles:

SIVR-067 (Yua Mikami)
EBVR-008 (Maria Nagai)
JUVR-024 (Tsubasa Hachino)
DSVR-546 (Chiharu Minagawa)
TMAVR-077 (Mikako Abe)
ATVR-023 (Ena Koume)
SIVR-075 (Tsukasa Aoi)

To name a few[/QUOTE]

Very nice, I'm going to check these out. Thanks!

hooters666

Dec 5, 2009
Peeps...Can you recommend a good decent software to convert some of my fav videos / clips to VR? I will not have high hopes for the results but like to give it a shot nonetheless. Thx!

Catsy

Mar 11, 2018
Peeps...Can you recommend a good decent software to convert some of my fav videos / clips to VR? I will not have high hopes for the results but like to give it a shot nonetheless. Thx!
Unfortunately if it's not actually shot with two stereoscopic placed lenses (i.e. lenses placed side-by-side to simulate human eyes and thus give you depth perception when you view them in VR) there's not much you can do to a video to make it truly VR. For example Vegas lets you:
turn on a stereoscopic 3d mode in the "Properties" which will double the video and place them side by side (or whatever you set it to)
and then
apply a Video FX called "Stereoscopic 3d Adjust" which will tilt each side of the video slightly to simulate a 3d video but it's a pale imitation of a true stereoscopic 3d video.

VR video players like Deo VR have a "Fisheye" option built-in which will distort the video to make it fill your view but unless the video is shot from really far away the action is going to be way too close and heavily distorted around the edges.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Short answer is you can't. Best you can do is create a quasi-3D effect if anything, but, nothing immersive, which is what VR is all about.

Walle12

JAV VR needs less clothes and more lesbian
Dec 6, 2008
It doesn't work. To obtain a real 3D effect you need two images from different angles. There are conversions from 2D to VR but they don't look good.

hooters666

Dec 5, 2009
Understood
Thanks for the input.
My fav mature genre not much VR lol
I am not much into super kawaii type and in uniforms.

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
R18 has 267 videos that are listed in both the VR and the mature woman categories, so there's certainly some movies out there for you.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
My fav mature genre not much VR lol
You are right, there are so few mature VR videos compared to standard young girls videos. And even less lesbian VR... I miss both.. But there are an absurd number of uniforms and stupid cosplay VR videos, in my opinion...

R18 has 267 videos that are listed in both the VR and the mature woman categories, so there's certainly some movies out there for you.
It seems a lot, but there are around 8.000 JAV VR vids, so it is around 4% of VR.... It is so poor. I hope they publish more mature and more lesbian VR videos... And less clothes and more full nudes scenes, please...

Last edited:

hooters666

Dec 5, 2009
There are heaps of hot asian girls in instagram posting 5-10secs clips of themselves in revealing attires...I suggest Instagram have a VR channel as well...LOL

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
The world needs more VR... :D

Catsy

Mar 11, 2018
The world needs more VR... :D
It'd be cool if with all the new smartphones having multiple rear facing cameras if they made it so they can record VR easily. That way we could get some amateurs filming in VR and get a wave of new content. We need some sort of Thot University to teach them to use proper filming techniques and to keep the cameras steady though.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
It'd be cool if with all the new smartphones having multiple rear facing cameras if they made it so they can record VR easily. That way we could get some amateurs filming in VR and get a wave of new content. We need some sort of Thot University to teach them to use proper filming techniques and to keep the cameras steady though.
Even for way less than the price of another phone, there are consumer cameras out there that do a decent enough job.

https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...husiasts-oh-boy.1680218/page-170#post-3997037

Maybe we should crowdfund and send one to our favorite stars! Haha!

Catsy

Mar 11, 2018
I'm planning to buy OCULUS GO. is 32GB enough? and is there a way to load videos from PC as server?

32gb should be enough for a nice selection of videos. For example I've got a 60 FPS 4096x2048 Hikaru Aoyama video that's 31 minutes long and it's 2.22gb. So as long as you don't need access to your entire VR library at the same time you should be fine swapping out the videos as you need them.

But if you really want streaming there seems to be lots of ways you can try to do what you want if you google it but it involves loading a bunch of software and messing around. The simplest solutions seem to be Plex or Skybox for wi-fi streaming. Keep in mind you may be sacrificing quality to stream. My experience with standalone VR is limited though so it may be easier or harder than what I've described.

Restaurant

“Jug Jug” to dirty ears
Mar 25, 2020
Gravure files seem to be generally less than half the size of regular AV, where 30 minutes would be around 6 GB. I'd get the 64 over the 32. The actual space available on the 32 GB is less than 30 GB. MDVR-088 alone is 29.3 GB. Sure, you're probably not going to watch all of it in one go, but you probably want to glimpse through all of it. Go's got slow file transfer speeds too with at times janky wifi and only Micro-USB instead of USB-C, so you'll be waiting for a long time just for the file transfer to finish. It's easier if you just keep your stuff on the thing instead of having to swap constantly. And also Go starts complaining if there's less than 2 GB free space available. They fixed most of Go's minor issues on the Quest, but they also slapped on expensive controllers and additional cameras for games.

Last edited:

Senna_4ever

Sep 9, 2016
Thanks for sharing your inputs.
Gravure files seem to be generally less than half the size of regular AV, where 30 minutes would be around 6 GB. I'd get the 64 over the 32. The actual space available on the 32 GB is less than 30 GB. MDVR-088 alone is 29.3 GB. Sure, you're probably not going to watch all of it in one go, but you probably want to glimpse through all of it. Go's got slow file transfer speeds too with at times janky wifi and only Micro-USB instead of USB-C, so you'll be waiting for a long time just for the file transfer to finish. It's easier if you just keep your stuff on the thing instead of having to swap constantly. And also Go starts complaining if there's less than 2 GB free space available. They fixed most of Go's minor issues on the Quest, but they also slapped on expensive controllers and additional cameras for games.

Thanks but 32GB is only left in stock. :( I will just keep the files in my drive and transfer it when I'm done watching. The problem is the transfer rate :(

Restaurant

“Jug Jug” to dirty ears
Mar 25, 2020
Thanks but 32GB is only left in stock. :( I will just keep the files in my drive and transfer it when I'm done watching. The problem is the transfer rate :(
It's not that bad, don't worry! :D And if you've got a good 5 Ghz router close by it should be able to simply stream perfectly to the Go at 50 Mbps, eliminating the need for storage. But even with 5 Ghz, you might run into some strange buffering issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Senna_4ever