Immersive 3D Content and Enthusiasts (oh boy...)

Walle12

JAV VR needs less clothes and more lesbian
Dec 6, 2008
It kind of hurts seeing how much they produce and how inventive they often are. The "lens" choice doesn't matter to me as the difference between them is miniscule and I even prefer taller girls, but the quality of the video itself... Every time I wishfully try one of theirs after a while, there's the same muddy video. :( I even see reviews on DMM stating the exact same thing, that their VR quality is that of the early era.

It 's true, 3DSVR have some wonderful girls, some films are unique and very good, but the image quality is terrible. The two ones released today here at Akiba, 3DSVR-678 and 3DSVR-673 are specially awful... They look like 2016 releases... I have deleted them, they are unwatchables...

Last edited:

Catsy

Mar 11, 2018
Yes, you need to download Littlstar app so you can 'Sideload' them.
Unfortunately it seems like Littlstar has added a "Pay us $40 or you can only watch the first 2 minutes of your sideloaded stuff" limit (if reddit threads I'm seeing now are true). You'd be better off getting an Oculus Go or some other standalone VR headset like that. PS VR has a HUGE clunky cable (that can damage the internal connection because it's so damn heavy) and it uses the PS Move controllers which have terrible tracking because they're using the PS camera to look at glowing orbs. It's pretty much a shitty prototype that uses a prior failed endeavor as its foundation.

Not to mention you've got to jump through so many hoops just to make the videos into a format that Littlstar plays. They have to be MP4s with H.264 encoding. So for a lot of JAV VR you have to use VLC media player to convert them from MKV to MP4.

Restaurant

“Jug Jug” to dirty ears
Mar 25, 2020
I had the misfortune of running into a pretty silly, negative aspect of high quality VR: seeing that the actress has done a heavy dose of botox. :rolleyes: Face is sort of bloated and partly motionless as if a bit paralyzed. :confused:

I'd just prefer the normal and lively face. I mean who chooses to watch an older actress and then doesn't want to see a single wrinkle? Curse this toxin. :sad:

Edit: After some research I think 95% of actresses do these kinds of tricks, like light botox and skin lasering/microneedling/RF etc. and usually even without anything seeming odd about their appearance.

Last edited:
Reactions: darksider59

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
I prefer only natural face and body, too. I specially hate fake tits. It is disgusting and totally sick. I can't understand why some people like a tit ripped with a piece of plastic in it.

I don't download movies with fake tits or unnatural faces.

Jimmyd666

Dec 29, 2015
Yes, you need to download Littlstar app so you can 'Sideload' them.
Yeah, I have to agree with Catsy, if you DONT already have a PS4 then definitely go with something else. BUT if you DO have a PS4 already then I think it is worth the bit of fiddling around to get things working. You can download movies and convert to the required format easily with Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. Yes Littlstar cost $40 but it is worth it if you ask me, especially as there are no great games on the horizon you might as well put the PSVR to some good use ;-)

Catsy

Mar 11, 2018
especially as there are no great games on the horizon you might as well put the PSVR to some good use ;-)
Apparently that walking dead game just came out for it or is coming out soon, but still the hardware is trash. Bad resolution, bad tracking, it's heavy with a big clunky cable. You'd be better off waiting for the planned new Oculus Quest model to see what they change. It's rumored to be a bit lighter so it's easier to wear for longer periods. I mean if you can get one really cheap from somebody who's upgrading to a better headset I guess it's worth it as a test to see if your body can handle VR if you've never used it before.

Jimmyd666

Dec 29, 2015
I agree the cable is a pain but by all accounts the revised version coming out with the PS5 solves a lot of the problems, heres hoping!!

Restaurant

“Jug Jug” to dirty ears
Mar 25, 2020
You'd be better off waiting for the planned new Oculus Quest model to see what they change. It's rumored to be a bit lighter so it's easier to wear for longer periods.
Wow nice, I hadn't even noticed the news from the last few days.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-developing-smaller-lighter-quest-vr-headset

The social-networking giant is working on multiple potential successors to the Quest. Some models in advanced testing are smaller, lighter, and have a faster image refresh rate for more realistic content, according to people familiar with the matter. These headsets also have redesigned controllers, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing unannounced products.

The company hasn’t finalized which new version of the Quest it will release, and the final product may have different features. Facebook originally planned to launch the new model at the end of 2020, around its annual Oculus Connect conference, but the coronavirus pandemic could delay the headset from shipping until 2021, the people said.

Some versions in testing are 10% to 15% smaller than the current Quest. That, in addition to being lighter, makes them more comfortable to wear, one of the people said. The existing model weighs about 1.25 pounds, which is too heavy for some users wearing the device for extended periods. The models in testing are closer to a pound, the person said.

The updated refresh rate of the new Quest VR headset is at least 90Hz, up from the current model’s 60Hz for movies or 72Hz for most VR tasks, making video and games appear smoother. The company is testing some Quests with screens capable of displaying up to 120Hz, but the company could cap this at 90Hz to preserve battery life, the people familiar with the matter said.

The weight will be likely exactly that of Go, which isn't light but lighter than Quest. If it can do 6K at 90Hz that would be a pretty considerable jump. In all likelihood it can probably only do 6K 60Hz, but that's still a big bump.

I've also been looking at the Oculus Link system for the old Quest and it's pretty interesting. Basically you link your standalone system with your PC via a special USB cable, turning your standalone set into a regular Rift set that harnesses the power of the PC. With the new one they're probably improving on this too. Seems like the future of most VR sets, having both standalone and PC-connected capability.

Last edited:

Catsy

Mar 11, 2018
I've also been looking at the Oculus Link system for the old Quest and it's pretty interesting. Basically you link your standalone system with your PC via a very long USB cable, turning your standalone set into a regular Rift set that harnesses the power of the PC. With the new one they're probably improving on this too. Seems like the future of most VR sets, having both standalone and PC-connected capability.
There's also RiftCat which added Quest compatibility to stream the data via your wifi. So you can go wireless if you're willing to sacrifice some quality.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
if you're willing to sacrifice some quality.
That's the problem. Oculus Quest connects to the PC using compressed video for the games. You see all more blurry. I hope Quest 2 adds a HDMI port to connect directly to the PC.

But it won't happen. Oculus (Facebook) isn't interested on PC anymore.

Last edited:

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Maybe it is a weird question, but I have been wondering this for some time. It is a thing you can only see in VR, because you are so close... :p

Why so many JAV girls have cuts on their arms? Look at the right arm (from our perspective):
View attachment 1573404

I have seen these cuts on a dozen or more girls. What are they?

Last edited:

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
I have seen the same scars on at least 15 or 20 JAV girls... Are they self-harm scars?? :confused:

Restaurant

“Jug Jug” to dirty ears
Mar 25, 2020
With big cut scars like that in that very location, I don't think there's any other explanation...

If you look close I think you can see some on the right thigh as well, which is another usual spot. At least they look very old, but the girls will carry those for a lifetime. Comparatively, in the West almost every actress seems to have tattoos. I think it's mostly certain kind of "suicide girls" that become adult video actresses. Often no family to disappoint by appearing in a public profession that is so shamed in our societies.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
The first thing I thought was that they are self-harm scars, but I have seen them on so many girls in VR that I was starting to think that maybe there are different reasons...

I haven't seen them on western girls...

doggyfong

Dec 15, 2008
Why so many JAV girls have cuts in their arms? Look at the right arm (from our perspective):
As for the self harm scars, I believe most of us here knows the "Dark side of JAV" so I won't get into that.

If you look close I think you can see some on the right thigh as well, which is another usual spot.
From what I know, it's likely caused by surgery for birth control.
I might be able to ask someone in the industry about that but I'm not sure if it is a sensitive subject for me to ask though...

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
As for the self harm scars, I believe most of us here knows the "Dark side of JAV" so I won't get into that
Well, I am not into it, so maybe I am talking about something that knows everybody... But yeah, I can imagine it...

As I say I am a little shocked about the number of JAV girls with those scars on the arms since I watch VR.

Last edited: