Immersive 3D Content and Enthusiasts (oh boy...)

Razermantis89

Oct 22, 2016
Guys, according to the FileJoker and Subyshare links at least 6-10 people have downloaded some of these titles I've been posting. Does anyone have anything to report?
Downloaded everything you posted here. Thanks for sharing. Will report back once I receive my VR glasses.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008

maschi

Sensei
Jun 9, 2008
Of course I downloaded everything. ;) Thank you again! They all look pretty good. Still not as good as some of the non asian ones. But I can imagine that Knights Visual will. They always deliver high quality movies. :) Really looking forward to that one, unless they're not going with true VR..

omegaflare

Oct 15, 2016
@Casshern2,

Thanks for the video you posted. Tried out some of the video and the experience was immerse.

Just wanted to check if you could share the following videos in that thread if you have them? It's some of the better videos in my opinion.

http://www.afesta.tv/vr/face.php?fid=787a871cad71ed5af33d29c2653f7a8d
http://www.afesta.tv/vr/face.php?fid=55c9df4cb0eac334d6209727a3eed93b
http://www.afesta.tv/vr/face.php?fid=78ba156ea664d7f35871ac4604b0e765
http://www.afesta.tv/vr/face.php?fid=e1732a850993c9fbb0fc4deae05f517b
http://www.afesta.tv/vr/face.php?fid=e6c79e60c6074d8c4735d4eddbc73773
Thank you.

Reactions: Casshern2

Razermantis89

Oct 22, 2016
Oh, thank you thank you thank you!

Anyway, I just tested the VR videos and here is my feedback.
1) Almost all video provided here are 360. Compared to content from US, they are mostly 180. Not sure why Japan choose 360... but I think 180 is enough to enjoy the experience.
2) The 360 VR file tends to over stretch the video causing some of the video compression to be visible. Not a good thing.
3) Some of the colour saturation seem to inconsistent.. Some are ok, some are under saturated. Guess they need to improve on the lightning and camera settings.
4) Girl getting too close to the camera causing double image. 2 nipples becomes 4. : )
5) Censor boxes in VR seem weird. Took away the reality from Virtual Reality
6) The good part. Orgy with 4 or 5 gals... uncommon in the US VR selection... Plenty in Japan!

I believe over time, they improvement in their technic and hopefully we will see uncensored JVR

Despite all the above feedback, I still shamelessly enjoyed all the video @Casshern2 provided here. I can only say... keep them coming!

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
@Razermantis89 here is the good news! They are technically 360 degree videos, but only the forward 180 degree view is meant to be seen. Maybe your viewer of choice isn't presenting things correctly? Can you toggle views? I have never seen stretching like you describe. When they get too close, sure I see that even in Western content. Or...on the newer ones when you turn completely around do you see the star field with the logo? Something isn't working right for you if the girls seem stretched. Once you get that figured out I think you'll enjoy things much better.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Any others want to sound off on their experiences? I've read some articles about using an app (and presumably a PC program) to basically use the PC's processing power to display content and then stream it over WiFi to the GearVR. Kind of a poor man's Oculus Rift.

elfineer

Sep 29, 2008
I have a GearVR and I just side load it and use the Samsung VR app to play it. Looks great! The only bummer is the censor but still great!

Is it possible to get the other Otoha Nanase video?

needs more loli

Don't underestimate lolis!
Apr 30, 2015
I'd give more feedback but my computer is now officially fucked lol. iTunes won't open at all anymore and I need it to transfer the videos to my iPhone. I've got all the videos downloaded (the loli ones at least) so once my computer is back up I should be able to get it running. Reformatting is a massive pain so I've been dreading it for months haha. Guess I'll finally bite the bullet and do it this weekend. :sight:

Gonna try using a more zoomed in view so it has a more natural FOV. I think that's where I've been going wrong with getting the immersion.

omegaflare

Oct 15, 2016
Just want to share my experience for those using android phone to experience VR.

There are a number of factors to consider.
1) The quality of the video - this one is subjective since it depends on the way the video is firmed. Some looks good, while some just look meh.

2) The app used for viewing - The apps dictates how the video is decode and some apps allow additional feature like self calibration, zoom etc. I used a number of software and I think VR Player (free or paid) and Var's VR video player are the best pick of the bunch.

3) The headset - this is the most important factor. The quality of the headset especially the lenses will decide what kind of experience you will have. There is a website http://vrkommando.com/top-10-google-cardboard-vr-headsets-of-q1-2016-under-50/169 which compares the difference android headset. I personally used the FiiT VR and BoboVRZ4. Both are good quality and for those on the fence, you can consider buying them. Not really expensive but don't expect quality like Oculus or Vive which cost much higher.

4) The handset - The handset dictates the resolution of the video that can be achieve. I would recommend something higher than 1080p. Reason is you might see pixilation at those low resolution. I have been using my old LG G3 and so far the quality is respectable.

I want to share some video as well but I don't have access to filejoker account. Not sure if torrent link are allowed here as well (still new to this forum). Anyone can advise?

@Casshern2 Still patiently waiting for you to share if you have those video which I requested in my other reply.:p

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
@Casshern2 Still patiently waiting for you to share if you have those video which I requested in my other reply.:p
Haven't forgotten about you. Had some things come up. Won't be long.