I Love Japan

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
I love japan because of all the delicious food. It is usually pretty good no matter where you go. You can't go wrong with an evening of Asahi Super Dry, a few sticks of yakitori, a plate of skate and ebimayo only to finish off the eve with a can of Ume ChuHi while riding the train home.

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
I concur.
15 years of living in, and or visiting Japan on a yearly basis, has left me with a huge jones for the place!
Funnily enough though, whenever I suggest to my (Japanese) wife that we move back there, she always tells me how much she loves living where we currently live!

Oct 6, 2007
I'm going to Japan in late July for a week vacation but you guys are making me scared, what if I don't wanna go back to Korea?

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Latin women are so uglii :gayprance:

see? I can add in random crap that has no context too.

Sofer

Nov 18, 2009
Latin women are so uglii :gayprance:

see? I can add in random crap that has no context too.

He stated: japanese Women are so kawai:
-they are short
-not that curvey
-have silly Smiles (which isn't bad)
etc.

You simply need to read between~
Whats unsaid is said and reversed :grassdance:... what..?

I like the soup... Ra-Men? Not Rare-Men.. !!
Miso soup stockings are great too.
And soba noodles are fu... crazy, gonna eat them till i need a diet..

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
Unfortunately, I've never been to Japan. But, fortunately, a lot of Japanese people have taken pity on the bland American palate and opened restaurants here. :3

My first intro to Japanese cuisine was a great big udon noodle swimming in a mushroom broth. Mind you, I'm not a mushroom guy, but this was a winning combo! First time I had ever eaten it and it already felt like comfort food. During this same meal, I also got to try some "broccoli tempura". Now, mind you, I AM a broccoli guy as well as a deep fried guy. Putting the two together was pretty damn tasty. :full:

Oct 6, 2007
japanese girls are so kawaii :gayprance:

weeaboo alert...he probably lives in his basement and has never had a GF in this life

I hate people that think the entire Japanese language consists of the words: kawaii, sugoi, neko, and desu...

Ceiling Cat

Oct 25, 2008
I'm going to Japan in late July for a week vacation but you guys are making me scared, what if I don't wanna go back to Korea?

Don't worry, just hang around the beach on the west coast and a bunch of North Korean agents will pop out of a submarine and drag you back...

RyuKaze

龍風
Jun 22, 2010
I hate people that think the entire Japanese language consists of the words: kawaii, sugoi, neko, and desu...

These people's only encounter with the Japanese language is in high-school Anime, where those words pretty much form the basis of the vocabulary.

As for the original subject, I entirely agree; Japan is a great place to visit (I would say live, but I haven't had the opportunity to stay long term.) With regards to Japanese cuisine; it's surprising how similar it is to many things you can buy in your home country, but the taste is something else.

If you ever get a chance to visit, I would recommend having a look around at festival times; this will better your understanding of the Japanese culture and it is often a fun time too. There are normally a multitude of different foods made on these occasions, so it is also a culinary enrichment too. :full:

Oct 6, 2007
but when I hear people say "that is so kawaii" I want to punch a kitten because it sounds fuckin' retarded. Don't pretend you're cool becaue you know a few words in Japanese, say the entire fucking sentence in Japanese or don't say it at all. You never have Japanese people walk up to you and say "kimi wa cute desu!"

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
but when I hear people say "that is so kawaii" I want to punch a kitten because it sounds fuckin' retarded. Don't pretend you're cool becaue you know a few words in Japanese, say the entire fucking sentence in Japanese or don't say it at all. You never have Japanese people walk up to you and say "kimi wa cute desu!"

He ain't wrong.

RyuKaze

龍風
Jun 22, 2010
He ain't wrong.

I never said he was wrong; and I somewhat agree with that sentiment. I wouldn't go as far as to punch a kitten - Maybe the person saying it, but leave the poor kittens alone. :please: