i have a comp virusi

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

nejithewise

Aug 13, 2008
i am pretty sure its a bad one cause none of my anti virus software is picking it up. it comes up as pop ups on the bottom right hand side of my screen. its for various things not just 1. please help me remove it. rebooting my computer is not an option.

Mar 3, 2007
Did you try scanning for spyware and malware? I dunno if yours does that as well but mine doesn't so I have to use other programs to scan for those. When you say pop ups do you mean like pop up windows for ads and stuff like that?

RickyDicky

Dec 27, 2007
yeah its really annoying. theyre adds for like net flix and dating websites.

Isn't that spyware? Did you run Spybot S&D and AdAware? What do you use for virus protection? There are online scanners that can find stuff that your regular AntiVir misses.

nejithewise

Aug 13, 2008
never mind its still there..whats a really powerfull and well known anti adware program thats free.

Mar 3, 2007
Did you try scanning in safe mode? On both accounts, if you have more than one that is. Also, you aren't running in a custom startup are you? By that I mean you didn't configure what services run at startup through msconfig did you?

RickyDicky

Dec 27, 2007
If you know when your problems started, do a search for all files created on that date, narrow it down to the time of your incidence, and quarantine, rename or delete the suspected files.

nejithewise

Aug 13, 2008
apparently i got it for good. it hasnt come up. i did a number of things to get wrid of it though.
1.went to the website it came from and blocked pop up adds from it.
2.removed a very large amount of pup up adds and a few viruses
3.removed another virus from aims toolbar thing.