How to organize your JAV collection?

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
hmm... ive had a further think on it and i think ill do yearly (or even monthly, if im feeling ambitious) subfolders, so as not to have a huge cluttered mess in one folder, and then let Kodi handle the rest. i still want some semblance of organization in my own folders, but of course i dont want to do too much work. date is clear cut so it shouldnt be too hard dumping videos into the right folder.

i also did some light experimenting with scraping, sometimes there are problems. for example, HUNTA-349 on JAVlibrary http://www.javlibrary.com/en/?v=javlikt2rq has the cast listed, but when i scrape it, the actors section is blank. scraping with the amalgated one and scraping with specifically JAVlibrary both give me nothing. i could manually put them in but that would defeat the purpose?
View attachment 1169706
ive tried other movies, some work, especially ones with just one actress. but i run into some other problems too like HBAD-360, the front cover is messed up. thats more easily fixable than the missing actresses.
View attachment 1169707
am i doing something wrong or are these hiccups just bound to happen?

anyway im gonna start working on this this weekend. :dead:thanks for all the advice so far

Javlibrary isn't the best for scrappig actress names, usually r18 and DMM work best for me, and for the front cover what i did was i went to amalgmation setting, on the specific order section I went to posters section and moved DMM to the bottom of the order(or you could disable it) and boom front cover issue fixed for me

Reactions: ohgodtoomch

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
hmm... ive had a further think on it and i think ill do yearly (or even monthly, if im feeling ambitious) subfolders, so as not to have a huge cluttered mess in one folder, and then let Kodi handle the rest. i still want some semblance of organization in my own folders, but of course i dont want to do too much work. date is clear cut so it shouldnt be too hard dumping videos into the right folder.

i also did some light experimenting with scraping, sometimes there are problems. for example, HUNTA-349 on JAVlibrary http://www.javlibrary.com/en/?v=javlikt2rq has the cast listed, but when i scrape it, the actors section is blank. scraping with the amalgated one and scraping with specifically JAVlibrary both give me nothing. i could manually put them in but that would defeat the purpose?
View attachment 1169706
ive tried other movies, some work, especially ones with just one actress. but i run into some other problems too like HBAD-360, the front cover is messed up. thats more easily fixable than the missing actresses.
View attachment 1169707
am i doing something wrong or are these hiccups just bound to happen?

anyway im gonna start working on this this weekend. :dead:thanks for all the advice so far
The covers threw me off of this program. My process has better results for that.

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
I don't know all the issues involved but there's a very good explanation for the fail of all HUNTA, AP, SW and many SOD vids.

Officially these are "amateur" vids. Especially for HUNTA and SW vids. Almost all of their performers are full time pros, and even regularly they cast A-class (very almost never S-class) idols in "amateur" vids. So they never list the cast on the cover, put white or black bars to obscure the idol's eyes (yet never mosaics or blurring to the extent that sharp eyed fans can't recognize the idol) and never supply the idol's data to the retailers like DMM. Yes it's all very doublethink. In fact I am pretty sure Hunter, Switch etc force DMM etc to agree not to add idol data to their database/customer interface, so as to keep up the "amateur" doublethink illusion.

The only source of reliably getting the cast data is sougouwiki (which doesn't sell vids directly, while they link to DMM product pages I suspect they don't make a yen out of it) and I guess JAVlibrary also list it sometimes. I don't use Javlib much, I have the impression that they don't reliably put up cast data for all HUNTA and SW vids.

I might understand the logic of scrapper to prioritize DMM and other "official" (i.e. commercial) sources and if they list cast as blank, it's not just missing data, but a positive blank, so it overrides JAVlib's (fan-contributed?) cast data.

So far, I don't mind too much the manual labor of hand-copying Sougouwiki's cast data into my own database (completing the data scrapped from DMM/Javbus). The reason being I collect only a small fraction of "amateur" vids, so it's literally 1-2 minutes of time per week. It's not too hard to write/mod a scrapper to scan Sougouwiki and automates what I do by hand, but so far, I haven't the motivation to do it.

Somewhat OT: I always wonder where Sougouwiki gets their cast data. For certain categories (known full time professional idols and the "major" "amateur" studios), their data is absolutely complete and timely (for HUNTA, which I care most, the data is available several weeks advanced of the vid's release). That leaves me thinking the data is not fan-contributed. It smells like the industry (studios? idol's agencies?) are feeding the data to them, so there's a doublethink doublemarketting strategy: on DMM/Amazon these vids pretends to be amateur, but fans of these pseudo-amateur idols/genres/series have a semi-unofficial site to get timely and accurate updates?

Also I've never seen/heard of Sougouwiki dox true amateurs (students, OL and housewives who just do AV for a very short time for some quick cash). So you also notice some SOD (sometimes HUNTA too) vids with some unidentified performers (or identified only with a (fake) generic first name).

Reactions: ohgodtoomch

crazykiss

Dec 6, 2008
Every actress who has movies in my collection has their own folder with subfolders for all their movies, all named by movie code.
Each movie is split into separate video files for every scene in the movie. From most movies I have deleted uninteresting or unnecessary parts to save disk space.

If a movie has multiple actresses in it, I put it in a folder titled "multiple actress", make a shortcut of the movie subfolder and place it into every actresses own folder who appeared in the movie.

I've also got a folder with shortcuts to every movie title I have in my collection. From there I can quickly check if I have a certain title or not, or just see the total number of titles I have.

I haven't yet organized any of the movies by genre or theme, but eventually I'll do that as well.
I'll probably use shortcuts or playlists for this unless there's a better way.

The same as me. But how did you separate video into short clip?

pwdcoop

Oct 21, 2012
I just create folders for each actress and rename videos to a standard title (i.e. ABC-123). If I ever need to search for something but I only remember the code but not the actress then I do a "*code" search on My computer. If the video features multiple actresses then I cut the 1 scene I want and save it to save drive space.

LoliKing25

Jan 9, 2017
Everyone here is using all this fancy software and here I am running a primitive database on excel and downloading all my movies to external drives. I have over 8000+ titles but I manually transfer all my movies according to the name of the girls. I have over 1000 girls in my collection censored and uncensored. For movies with multiple girls, I just make multiple copies of the movie and drop them into each folder. It's a really poor way of organizing my movies but it works for me. I would like to make things a bit easier on myself but it's hard with my collection as it's already over 70 TB in size with a fair amount of my movies 3-4 GB each.
I have 5k plus titles at around 8-10TB as of right now. I am trying to upgrade and create a manual database as to what I have, as well as the file size, location, and Quality of JAV.

Reactions: Casshern2

Darkprince88

Nov 2, 2016
I use Plex on a Nas and a metadata agent (https://jpmag.net/plex) that automate everything. Just drop the file and all is tagged.
This also work with Kodi
You can even share with everyone that have a plex account(Free).
.View attachment 1257536 View attachment 1257537 View attachment 1257538

I've been using Plex for a month now with an Intel Nuc as the Server (works like a charm on my tv, Laptop and PC) . Thanks for the metadata agent, was looking for that.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Oct 22, 2016

Darkprince88

Nov 2, 2016
I have a Powershell Script for replacing specific codes I wish to replace, had some problems with different Video-Codes. Feel free to use or adjust.

Code:
Get-ChildItem -File -Recurse | % { Rename-Item -Path $_.PSPath -NewName $_.Name.ToLower().replace("mum-","mum00").replace("nhdta-","nhdta00")}
Get-ChildItem -Directory -Recurse | % { Rename-Item -Path $_.PSPath -NewName $_.Name.ToLower().replace("mum-","mum00").replace("nhdta-","nhdta00")}

Save as .ps1 file in Folder which you would like to be scanned (including sub folders) and Rightclick-> run with powershell

This one looks for all Files and Folders with the codes MUM- and NHDTA- and replaces them with mum00 and nhdta00. You can add more codes with just adding more .replace("code-","code00")

Last edited:
Reactions: cainnn667

Lodestar

Nov 4, 2017
How easy-to-setup and secure would this plex thing be? It looks really nice but I have a system of folders right now that's pretty organized.

bigloser0

婦人
Apr 26, 2017
not sure if anybody here knows any software that can detect scenes from the movie file and label it accordingly.
Because I have a large number of files that are not labelled as the JAV title, nor the title is hidden together with thz.la.

Darkprince88

Nov 2, 2016
Does anybody know if jpmag.net is permanently down? I really love this scrapper for Plex and I'd hate to see it die so soon :(