hotfile 503 error - can’t download anything!

Egghead3

Mar 22, 2008
Hi all-
I’m having a hell of job to download anything from hotfile (despite being a paid-up Premium member.) I keep getting a “503 - Service Not Available“ message.

I used to use Speed Downloaded on my Mac to queue up downloads and let it run overnight, and I’d have a nice little collection of movies to watch the next day. But the only way I can get hotfiles to download at the moment is to copy the url into my browser address bar; it will then start to download. Once it has finished, if I wait about 30 secs I can copy and paste the next url into my brower and so on.
I’ve tried different browsers in case it was some kind of cookie problem; and I can’t even visit their site for help, as I get a 503 error when i visit their homepage!

Anyone got any ideas please!?

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
Did you try to delete your cookies, logging out then relogging, or maybe flush your dns cache?

Egghead3

Mar 22, 2008
Hi- Yup, I’ve deleted all the ‘hotfile’ cookies and cleared out my caches.
The ‘503 error’ thing seems to have gone now. (odd). But I still can’t use Speed Downloader to queue up downloads. So I’m guessing it’s more of a SD problem than a Safari/Mac problem.
Does anyone else here use Speed Downloader on a Mac? Or is there another good downloading program for Mac I could try?
Ta!

Lokitorrent

Mar 2, 2010
I guess HF its blocking the downloads certain times in X country's cause the same is happening where i live.
Even using jdownloader, maybe using a proxy to the US we can skip that issue.