horror/survival anime

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

nejithewise

Aug 13, 2008
hey im looking for a good survival/horror anime. with zombies mutations, stuff like that. something with violence to lots of guns,marines,soldiers whatever.

paschendale

individualist anarchist
Mar 5, 2008
The upcoming Resident Evil: Degeneration should satisfy you. While I don't know any pure s/h anime, you could check out s/h games like Resident Evil 4 and Doom 3, if you haven't already. Moral: we NEED more adrenalin needles.

daikl

Ia cu paine Gicutzule!!
Mar 22, 2008
Higurashi no Naka Koro Ni,School Days,Mnemnosyne,Elfen Lied,Shigurui,Gantz,Ghost Hound,Noir ..this titles have blood,gore,violance,flying members etc,sure to guarantee you a hell of a ride.
I suggest you try Higurashi first and you'll never see a loli with the same eyes again

paschendale

individualist anarchist
Mar 5, 2008
Aforementioned above go to supernatural/horror category. On the same account: mangas like Battle Royale, Gantz, Zombie Hunter are horror and survival. That's one difference; the other: in Battle Royale & Gantz the main protagonists are high-schoolers, not "marines, soldiers whatever". Though that doesn't mean that it's not worth reading them or watching Higurashi, - I'd recommend them. In conclusion, get the Zombie Hunter manga - that's the closest you get. Or fuckin' watch Hellsing for the fifth time.

Edit:
Thorough-going the survival topic, there's an animated film Ninja Scroll by Yoshiaki Kawajiri, known for Wicked City and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

rush808

Jul 10, 2008
I second Gantz.... after the anime you gotta read the manga to really appreciate..... If you need a site LMK.

I'm surprise no one mention GUNGRAVE, its be out for a while... It has an almost zombie type feel.. but you gotta get past the funny Cowboy costume he first steps out with (which get torn into peices) ;). ohh & sit through the flashback which has no zombies till the ending of the flash back scenes. Its a short but good series.

Skyraida

Is Eating Your Internets
Mar 27, 2008
I recommend, Beserk. A classic anime and manga.
It's got your blood, horror, and supernatural theme later on.
berserkv27c229p067copy8jj.jpg

nejithewise

Aug 13, 2008
ive finished higurashi it was alright. ive watned to check beserk out for a long time and i think i will.

rush808

Jul 10, 2008
After chp 11 it gets crazy, Tons zombies/monsters. One of the best mangas... but you won't get much "Apostles" in the anime it cuts off wayy too early.
Don't get me wrong its still a great anime series.

Valkyrie

Mar 12, 2007
Try Blue Gender. A excellent mecha anime about the struggle against a race of giant bugs. Lot of blood and gore. Actually my favorite anime. The character development is great!

Helios86

JAV Junior
Nov 16, 2008
If you like animes with a lot of blood and a good story, watch Claymore!!!

The manga ist ongoing and a second season should appear the next year.
By aniDB.net it is listed under gore and best anime of the year:

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4892

It's realy worth watching...