Horror anime

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

nejithewise

Aug 13, 2008
im looking for a good anime. with ghosts,monsters,cyborgs stuff like that. im big into gore to. thrillers are always cool but none of that "running around for 20 episodes only to confront the source of the creepyness at the end".
ive seen,
hellsing and the oav
gantz
blood+
blood the last vampire
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
so anyway just let me know cause im dyin of boredom.

hijin

Dec 29, 2008
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni?

did you see 2nd and 3rd season? kai and hen?

ghost hunt has ghosts
ga rei zero has monsters
elfen lied has gore
death note has thousands of deaths

watch the first episodes of each to see if theyre to your liking. but i really recommend these, theyre like 9 or 10 out of 10 in my book

natsume yuujinchou and zoku natsume is very good too, if you want ghosts and a relaxing anime. not a lot of action like what people are used to, but still good.

i wouldnt bother with ayakashi or Hakaba Kitarou even though theyre about monsters and ghosts

for true horror try winx club

Reactions: Ceewan

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
You might wanna check out this series called "When They Cry". It's not the most violent thing I've seen but if you can ge your hands on it give it a watch.

pjugt

Nov 28, 2009
hmm.. anime with monster and ghost eh ? well how about gantz and ghost at school ? it's really good anime

IchiTheKiller

Jan 23, 2010
Mnemosyne is so bloody and has lots of mystery plots in it. ^^
chaos;head is FREAKY. :D
Denpa teki na Kanojo is an OVA of only like 2 episodes, but its great.

Hope I helped.

Syobon

(´・ω・`)
Dec 22, 2009
you should check the new Aoi Bungaku, its a collection of creepy Japanese histories, no happy end. :murder:

Syobon

(´・ω・`)
Dec 22, 2009
yeh, Im still waiting for the 'next' elfen lied, nice combination of gore and plot.

Alpeia

Lycher
May 7, 2010
Claymore is sort of horror, it's a dark story and it has demons. :gayprance:

With Elfen Lied you have to look beyond the gore, to me the story is really about how human society is in our time. If you didn't get that, watch it again and this time pay attention the the flash back when she was in school. Also keep an eye on the runaway girls past, these are just a couple of examples. This is one of my top ten animes of all time for that reason.

RyuKaze

龍風
Jun 22, 2010
Here's a list of Horror genre anime from ANN:

Horror Anime List :evil:

I hope there are some there that you like.

Some I can personally recommend:

Beserk: It has a great manga and the anime adaptation is superb (if you can accept the 'old' animation style). It has a great plot and a host of interesting characters...And blood :) Unfortunately the anime is very incomplete, as the manga has continued far beyond the start/end (if you watch it, you'll know what I mean ^^) point in the anime. There is also little to no chance of us ever seeing a continuation to the anime .:/

Monster: If you enjoyed Death Note, this is another psychological thriller which will keep you guessing, and some of the scenes are intense enough that I'm sure you'll enjoy them. :)

Ergo Proxy: Not technically a 'horror', more of a cyber-punk theme, but it has an excellent story, great artwork and is overall very creepy. (The female lead looks exactly like Amy Lee, the lead singer of Evanescence if that makes any difference.) :tehheh:

I think I'll stop there before I post a true wall of text. I hope it helps, it's never a good thing to be bored. :goodmood: