good gun-play animes

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

nejithewise

Aug 13, 2008
im looking for a pretty serious anime which involves a dark story like black lagoon. no vampires or zombies. just people. cool shoot outs, bloody deaths. stuff like that. also realism in the guns and damage they do would be great. and anything recent like in the last 3-5 years.

Futa*Demon

Hentai General
Aug 22, 2008
I've never seen the anime I'm talking about, but it lookes dark and it has guns...

Its called Gun Grave, seems cool...
442099gungrave01sm1.jpg

Futa*Demon

Hentai General
Aug 22, 2008
Dame it I knew it looked too cool... I'll keep look'n for ya!

its late and I ain't got shit to do if ur wondering why....

BartSimpson

Mar 2, 2007
Try Baccano!, it's set at the end of the 1920s and the beginning of the 1930s with 3 major storylines told the same way as in "Pulp Fiction". It is generally serious and realistic but there are also comical moments (everthing that involves the character duo Isaac and Miria) and immortals play a major role too, but that is really cool and shouldnt bother you.

Dont forget to watch the 3 DVD specials released by BSS, they continue the story as ep 14-16. I's also recommend to watch the series twice because you miss a lot of pretty cool details in the first episodes when you're not familiar with the characters and story.

other recommendations:

*Jin-Roh, a movie about a special force set in Japan after an alternate end of WW II.

*Texhnolyze, cyberpunk setting, gets really intense towards the end.

series involving guns but are not that realistic/serious:

*Grenadier

*Black Cat, Manga version is a lot better though

*Sunabouzu, post-apocalyptic setting

*Trigun

Futa*Demon

Hentai General
Aug 22, 2008
try a movie call apple seed it not really dark but its great with the gun action! plus a little hint of darkness mass murder, clone discrimination, whole utopia nearly destroyed.... just a hint

There is two movies there great! I rented it from blockbuster once...

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
Don't watch the 1st episode of gungrave, and watch it up to the "elevator scene" and and it's a really great anme that fits your criteria. The rest of that is just over the top "revenge" type stuff anyways.

Jin-Roh is one of the movies everyone should have seen already like ninja scroll, akira, and ghost in the shell if you haven't seen it yet.

But yeah, this is over the top with the conditions and time limit..