Gravure Idol vs Junior

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

superboobbang

Jan 10, 2009
I can't see how this hasn't been brought up yet, but I couldn't find a thread that asked for this in particular so I've created one. What I'm asking for is the breakup of the Idol Torrent and Idol Downloads link into Junior and Adult sections. I'm not here to place judgement but I love gravure videos with fully adult women. Akiba is great but having to trod through pages and pages of junior stuff while browsing for the latest gravure stuff makes me physically ill. Well there it is, I am judging. But really, there's no way I am alone in this is there?

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Where exactly on this site are juniors and adults mixed together?

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Well some teens look pretty mature to me. So I can see how someone could post something in the wrong section. If this happens a helpful member could perhaps point this out to a moderator or at least to the poster, (or maybe do both).

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
Ceewan is right. If you're seeing JI material in the regular idol section, you're allowed to inform a mod or the poster and ask that it be moved to the proper area.

However, he may be referring to the fact that the sections are split based on "Japanese" categorization. U15 is kept in the junior idol section, while 16 and over goes in the regular idol section. I doubt that will be changed, since that's just how its always been. I don't know why anyone would be averse to seeing Yukari or Izumi while they browse the site, but everyone is different, I suppose. :puzzled:

EDIT: Since JI torrents are now, once again, relegated to the JI section only. It would make more sense to assume that the OP was referring to the fact that when you use the torrent station links on the left of the screen, you used to get ALL idol material, regardless of section. So it wasn't an issue of things being posted in the wrong section. The OP could have filtered his own results by using the links in the forum jump area and going straight to the regular idol section, but, since there's already been action taken, there's really no point.

superboobbang

Jan 10, 2009
Very strange... Now when I go to those sections, the main links on the home page (Idol torrents, Idol downloads) I don't see any more Junior material. I don't know why I was seeing tons of it before in the same location. Thanks for the replies though, hopefully the problem has solved itself.

In response to ceewan and lowleg26 - I am not offended by the site of girls that are nearly 18 and have fully developed bodies. They could use better parents but what can you do. The children stuff, prepubescent girls, that stuff made me shudder when I first saw it in Japan and it still does. I really wish Akiba would rid itself of that material, but it's not my site and freeloaders shouldn't complain too much.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Many people share your opinion superboobbang but not the class to admit that what is shared here is not their call.

I think what actually happenned is you were not logged in and clicked on the most recent post in either the Idol torrents or Idol downloads section. This will direct you to the Jr Idol section if a post in that section is the more recent. I have seen this for myself as I am constantly logged off when changing sections, (I do not allow cookies when I surf here which causes this problem and I accept that. I am just happy to be able to surf this site with cookies disabled or I would not surf here at all).

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
As so often is the case, I get to agree with Ceewan 100%. :pandalaugh:

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion about the matter, superboobbang. You're certainly taking a classier approach to discussing it than many before you have. So kudos for that. :eek:k:

A few months back some members in the JI section were receiving very hurtful comments from some very childish users regarding the material posted. Shortly thereafter, jr idol torrents stopped showing up in the amalgamated "new torrents" and "idol torrents" section. They would then only show up in the JI section for logged in users. A lot of us (myself included) saw this as a pretty good idea, since this would cut down on the amount of people who would "stumble" across the section and spew bile.

Some time after that, for whatever reason, things reverted back to usual, with JI torrents appearing in the amalgamated "idol torrents" area. I didn't really question why, but since the torrents have again been moved, I'm thinking it may not have been on purpose. Maybe there was a slip up with the forum and it reverted back to posting everything together. Who knows?

At any rate, your comment seems to have helped revert things back to the more "sectioned off" approach (which, again, was something a lot of users in the JI area supported, as well). So all's well that ends well, I guess. :goodboy:

BTW, love the name. "superboobbang" sounds like a "Japan only - too racy for the rest of the world" video game. It would be like bubble bobble, but with boobies. :joker:

superboobbang

Jan 10, 2009
Haha, yeah my name is ridiculous. It basically prevents me from posting any thoughtful arguments.

Thanks again for the for those points about cookies and whatnot, I'll make sure to look out for that in the future!

I guess that's the thread! :tea:

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
I've made posting errors in the 'Idol Downloads' section. I wasn't aware that the JI stuff was meant to be posted in the 'Downloadable Candies' section and have placed them in the wrong area.
Didn't help that they weren't separated, or named, the same as the torrent section!

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
I've made posting errors in the 'Idol Downloads' section. I wasn't aware that the JI stuff was meant to be posted in the 'Downloadable Candies' section

That's okay. We still love you. :pandalaugh: