fast, simple video editor needed..

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

whisper

Apr 1, 2008
Okay..i'd like to start posting some videos edited without boring parts. I have used windows movie maker and that thing is SLOW! only need to work within a single video...but if i can paste from multiple videos to make a best of compilation of Miho, then...:)

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
For AVI/MP4/MKV/WMV files that I want to edit, I just scrub through the video with Media Player Classic - Homecinema, press ctrl-G at the points I want to cut and copy the timestamps into the clipboard. Then I load the AVI/MP4/MKV/WMV into MKVMerge, paste the timestamps and create the new MKV. No reencoding necessary.

Blackdance

Jun 1, 2010
For DVDISO images I use avidemux, an editor which is not very well known by Windows users but which is very well known by Linux users and works flawlessly under Windows too. Cutting chapters into an MPEG-2 streams is a little tricky, you can cut only at a GOP boundary, avidemux has a GOP navigator - just go to the first GOP and delete all the stuff before it then go to the last GOP and delete all after it, then save to the desired file format (AVI, VOB, MKV etc.) using the copy function for both audio and video, no re-encoding will take place.