Extracting method

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

gunner7788

Jun 10, 2009
Hi there, I'm new to the site. Recently I've downloaded 6 JAV files from the site. I believe it's some compressed file parts. I've tried to extract it with WinRAR but failed. The file name is:

CJAFER_12370.avi.001
CJAFER_12370.avi.002
CJAFER_12370.avi.003
CJAFER_12370.avi.004
CJAFER_12370.avi.005
CJAFER_12370.avi.006

Anyone could help me with this? Appreciating very much... =)

frigate

Jul 4, 2009
I'm having a problem with this also, I've tried both of the programs linked in this thread and when I open the video in MPC it says "Buffering..." in the status bar, then stops at about 12% and only plays the first 15 minutes of the video (which I assume is just part 001).

If it makes a difference, it's for this video.

Any ideas? I've never messed with split AVI's like this before.
TIA

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
You have to make sure that the split files have the same names (except the extension avi.001 avi.002 etc), and are in the same directory.
Does your joined file has the same size as the corresponding 001 file ?

Because it looks like the program took the avi.001 file, couldn't find the others, and made an avi with the first one alone.

That explains what you have seen. It's playable because it has the header information, but obviously data is missing.

EDIT (after looking at the actual post you pointed to):
It also helps if you rename the file to a simple name, especially try to remove all the kanjis of the filename. Maybe that IS the problem.
The joining programs may not like special characters.

frigate

Jul 4, 2009
Fixed it; when I first downloaded it i looked up how to join AVIs split in that manner, and the thread I found discussing it said that they all had to be in the order .001, .002, etc. and this video was split up so the first file was simply .avi

I renamed it and forgotten I had done so, thanks anyway :)