error

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

2121mudman

Jun 4, 2008
i've noticed the last couple of times i've tried to download, a message comes up that the download may be copyrighted. This does not usually happen, what gives? thanks

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Okay, I do not claim to be the most knowledgeable member on the board, far from it, however I am one of the most verbose. Despite that shortcoming perhaps I can help.

1. Where are you downloading from?

2. If the file you are downloading is from here please give an example.

3. I have seen that message before or at least messages like it. It is often an ad of some sort, though this may or may not be applicable in your case.

4. A message warning that the file may be copyrighted is different from a message that the file is copyrighted. I say ignore it. In all fairness I ignore potential copyright issues all the time. I claim nor seek any monetary gain from my possible copyright infringements both downloading and sharing with a total absence of malice to any possible copyright holder. I am not saying I am right or wrong in doing so, just that this is what I do.

addendum:
5. It occured to me I may have misunderstood you. Are you saying you were actually prevented from downloading a file? It does not make sense to me to that a maybe violating DMCA error would prevent a download. Most sites will remove a DMCA complaint immediately.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I have never seen anything like that before myself.

It has been a very long time since I have come across any malware,(closest last thing was some type of html virus that my resident antivirus program stopped in its tracks).

Still, good link and share Rollco. I visit geek.com and torrentfreak but not that often. This was something I was not aware of.

Thanks.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008