Email change ---> Not receiving confirmation

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

gokkunfan

Jan 14, 2010
To whom it may concern,

I wanted to bring it to the attention that there is a problem with this forum in regards to: changing an e-mail address associated with your forum profile.

I recently decided to change my e-mail address associated with my account here at Akiba-Online, from one Gmail account to another Gmail account. I changed my e-mail address via the "General Settings" in My Settings, and was automatically informed that I would receive a validation e-mail to confirm this change.

This confirmation never arrived. The result was that I could not post on the forum, not even in the Help section. The reply button within topics also was removed, and posting was disallowed.

I waited 4 days, and never got any email asking me to confirm my email change; nothing in my Inbox, nothing in my spam folders. I checked the old Gmail account along with the new account; no emails from Akiba-Online.

I had Private Messaged a few admins about the problem, and got one reply that the forum "takes a while", which I fully understand. This is a free service. Nonetheless... 4 days for my account to be usable again? Emails typically take under 2 minutes to be sent. I still never received any email, but my account appears to be working today. Perhaps an admin fixed it? Perhaps the system automatically authorized me to post again?

This seems to be a fairly big problem, if changing your email address results in a total inability to post on the forum.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully something can be done to fix this problem.

Reactions: 4 people

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
:hot:My friend have just changed his email address
but he didn't receive any email to active the account
His id is ThePoet9x
please send the email or help him to active the account! :red: as I know, there are many people complain about this problem
thank you very much!

I've enabled him now (hopefully this is not for spamming the forum lol).

We know many problems with email confirmations, it probably depends on the mail client used, as some new users go through without a problem.
Honestly speaking, it will not be solved in the near future.

Reactions: 2 people

ThePoet9x

Jul 25, 2011
I've enabled him now (hopefully this is not for spamming the forum lol).

We know many problems with email confirmations, it probably depends on the mail client used, as some new users go through without a problem.
Honestly speaking, it will not be solved in the near future.

Thank you very much, elgringo14. You're so helpful!

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Hello, gang:

I got a message asking for an assist from iwillbeban, who is facing the same problem, having changed his e-mail address. You guessed it, he's not able to post anything. A request to get the situation straightened out (looks like you're the Sir Galahad along these parts, Elgringo14... if you or another moderator is listening...), particularly in light of the fact that iwillbeban is one of our most helpful members. He has been lending a hand to many lost-in-the-dark souls as myself, most notably in the Identification Help area. Thank kew most kindly for your efforts to get him back on track... as soon as possible.

Reactions: 1 person

voyeurkind

Sep 3, 2011
I've received a similar message.

Hello, gang:

I got a message asking for an assist from iwillbeban, who is facing the same problem, having changed his e-mail address. You guessed it, he's not able to post anything. A request to get the situation straightened out (looks like you're the Sir Galahad along these parts, Elgringo14... if you or another moderator is listening...), particularly in light of the fact that iwillbeban is one of our most helpful members. He has been lending a hand to many lost-in-the-dark souls as myself, most notably in the Identification Help area. Thank kew most kindly for your efforts to get him back on track... as soon as possible.

Reactions: 1 person

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I didn't receive any notification mails since the last bigger problem with the forum. Is there maybe a general problem in aspect the forum is unable to send mails? :huh:

Arya_Stark

Jun 28, 2014
Server seems unable to send confirmation mail to (some?) old accounts. Anyway, I don't mind as long as might be able to keep this one alive. ;)