Not Receiving Emails for All New Threads in Watched Forums

Escondida

Jun 30, 2012
Since Search is either broken, crippled or both in the current version of Akiba-Online and RSS is crippled by an arbitrary item limit, I've tried to use the Watched Forums feature as a substitute. The idea was that I could use the filters built into my email client to do the search that can no longer be done in Akiba-Online.

This morning I compared the new threads in the JAV Downloads forum with the emailed alerts I'd received. Unfortunately, there were new threads in that forum for which I'd received no emailed alerts.

I've noticed that emailed alerts aren't sent continuously, but are sent in bursts at certain times. Is there a limit to the number of emails that can be sent in a burst or even an overall limit, say the number of emails that can be sent in a 24-hour period?

Whatever the issue, I'm not receiving emailed alerts for all new threads in my watched forums.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
we had to disable the email notifications, is was coming up as spam, sometimes we was sending 1000s by the minute

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
we had to disable the email notifications, is was coming up as spam, sometimes we was sending 1000s by the minute

Ah, okay. I was also wondering why I didn't get any mails anymore also I got some in the beginning.
Is there a chance that it will be activated again in the future?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I am not sure, we was looking into it, and we have changed who we used a couple of times recently

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
Is one and half a year later situation the same? I've tried using notifications, but got confused after getting nothing... except for like two "new threads" notifications for a forum I restricted only to this kind of messages.

This was kinda confusing, especially as I don't track spammy forums this way, but not dead either (ten posts a day aren't that rare or little).