EIC-Book digital titles

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Death Metal

Burning Knuckle
Jan 9, 2007
I am not sure if this is best posted in the request section, since this is not exactly a request, but more like a discussion I guess.

Anyway, is anyone able to buy from EIC-Book recently? I used to be able to, but now they seem to have changed their credit card operator and it no longer accepts the cards I have. They used to be their own CC operator, but now the CC payment option takes you to some third party website that always denies the cards I use, and I have tried 3 different cards already. I am thinking that now you must have a japanese credit card in order to be able to buy from them. The funny thing is that I can still buy from EIC-AV, their sister website for adult content, as the payment system remains the same as the one that was used before with EIC-Book. This is really frustrating because I can no longer buy stuff that hasn't been released as DVD-rips yet, and it seems I can't even send them an e-mail about this for lack of actually finding any sort of direct contact with them.

The title I am mostly after right now is Kana Takasugi's Happy Heart, which has just been released in HD: http://www.eic-book.com/detail_28888.html

If anyone here was able to buy it, I could front the money. The problem here is that their files are protected with Microsoft's Windows Media Player DRM. I am also able to hack their files and strip out the DRM from them with "unDRM" (which requires a certain Windows XP setup), but, for that, I would have to have the user/password information of the account that buys it, which understandably I don't think people would be very willing to share.

My final question, then, would be: would anyone be able to offer some alternative on it, or work with me the way I mentioned? I guess a prepaid japanese credit card would work, but I don't even know if such a thing exists in there. Also, is EIC-Book the only digital retailers for Mare releases? They are the only one I know.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
I haven't had any trouble with buying from EIC. I guess it's because I live in Japan and have only Japanese credit cards. If your interested in getting this I can get it for you. I would however recommend getting the physical disc over the rip though. Their rips aren't all that great and the bonus of having an iso and HQ scans is big. There are a few per-paid credit card services yes. Unfortunately they require you to pay at a Japanese convenience store so if you don't live here you can't get them.

Death Metal

Burning Knuckle
Jan 9, 2007
Hey Desioner. Thanks for your reply. In fact, Illuminatus had suggested before that I talked to you on a similar request, but I just ended up forgetting about it later.

Yes, I am definitely interested in working with you on this. I am interested in at least 3 or 4 "must have" titles for me. Obviously I can provide you with the money via Paypal or something, and I like the ISO idea, but the only problem with getting physical discs in this case is that they are an expensive investment for those not in Japan. I am wondering then, since you would keep the originals to yourself, if you would be willing to split the total amount? It's up to you, of course, and if not, I am still interested in those same titles, but I just won't be able to get all of them at once, I guess.

Please take a look at these titles and let me know if you're interested in splitting the bill (that would of course help me greatly!):

Kana Takasugi - Happy Heart: http://www.eic-book.com/detail_28888.html
Haruna Kurosawa - ~ファースト・デイト: http://www.eic-book.com/detail_25610.html
Haruna Kurosawa - としした: http://www.eic-book.com/detail_26659.html

However, my real interest in Kana's title is the HD version, which is, well, in HD, and half the price at that - but, again, only available in file format. Would you also be able to arrange that? Bearing in mind that it is DRM-protected, so I'd need the user/password that purchased the item in order to be able to run it or strip out the DRM header from the file.

Thanks again, man.

Glassjaw

Miu > all
Apr 30, 2007
Haven't got anything there for a few months, but I hope not. This is where I get all the lovegirls stuff! Could never break through the DRM, unfortunately.

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
Resurrecting this long dead thread. I once bought something from eic-book using credit (according to the invoice I just dug up). But now they require you to take a barcode to a convenience store (in Japan) and have them scan it to then transfer money from there to eic-book. This matches what has been said earlier in this thread, but I've never been to Japan, so I would never had been able to pay this way, and my old invoice specifically says I paid with credit. What happened? Did they start accepting credit after the last ;post here and then stop again after I made my last purchase? I'd really like to be able to buy from there.

Death Metal

Burning Knuckle
Jan 9, 2007
@Stooky Bill they have always worked with credit cards, including foreign ones, but if I recall well, there was a brief period where their credit card operator was only working with Japanese ccs. Well it was 10 years ago so I don't remember exactly, but they do accept foreign credit cards again (provided your cc can make international purchases) and have done for years now.

Reactions: CoolKevin

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
@Stooky Bill they have always worked with credit cards, including foreign ones, but if I recall well, there was a brief period where their credit card operator was only working with Japanese ccs. Well it was 10 years ago so I don't remember exactly, but they do accept foreign credit cards again (provided your cc can make international purchases) and have done for years now.
The only option for me at checkout was convenience store. I don’t get it.

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
You ca also add points via the parent site Idol Mile, but THEY only seem to accept bank transfers as a purchase method. I'm at a total loss, not only as to how I'll buy from them in the future, but how I ever bought from them in the past.

Death Metal

Burning Knuckle
Jan 9, 2007
@Stooky Bill I apologize about my previous message, as I replied without checking and just assumed nothing had changed. You're right, they are no longer accepting credit cards as of now. I tried to get something and was met with the same screen that you posted above.

I can say that, as late as 2020, they were still working with credit cards and I was able to buy stuff there that way. Perhaps credit card operators stopped working with them due to the nature of the business, we often see that happen in this industry with various online services. That sucks.

Death Metal

Burning Knuckle
Jan 9, 2007
I noticed this is an industry-wide issue at the moment; perhaps Eic-book was one of the first to be hit, but recently other online shops that sell digital gravure have become unable to process Visa and Mastercard credit cards as well. Entaland, Marray, Lovepop, Digi-gra, etc. A few others are still accepting, but who knows until when.

_2old_

Love those pretty panties
Jun 29, 2010
The Visa block is crippling me. I've been a member of Lovepop for 15+ years and now there's a huge hole in my heart where Lovepop used to be.