How to buy IVs digitally? DMM digital is down for good

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Yukatori

Dec 21, 2014
DMM transitioned their streaming/download services for digital versions of gravure videos onto DMM TV. A side effect of that is that just using a VPN no longer works for buying new digital releases. Fanza doesn't have this problem yet; the digital section is still up. I can still view things that I previously bought, so it's not a total loss.

When I try to check out and pay, the error message in Japanese basically says the content isn't available in my area. I was just trying to use DMM points already in my account so it wasn't even due to a foreign credit card payment or paypal issues, and the same thing happens whether I choose the streaming or downloadable options. I looked a little bit at the account info and there's a section for identity verification. The process has instructions and it shows a sample residence card, so perhaps they're enforcing that for your account to be able to buy on DMM TV. Also wanna note that I'm not sure if I was using a VPN to create my account back when I created it since it was a while back. I don't know if that makes a difference but it didn't cause me problems before, as long as I was using a VPN to buy DMM points and to buy products with DMM points.

Are there any alternatives for buying gravure IVs digitally? I see U-NEXT as an possible alternative, but they don't carry everything and I don't know if a VPN is enough or if using foreign payment methods causes problems. Not sure if videx.jp, duga.jp, tokyolily.jp, and sokmil.com are options either, but those were the ones that came up with digital versions while I googled someone's name and 動画.

If anyone else is interested in finding out, I can try signing up for those sites and give it a trial run. But if someone already knows, or knows how to get around DMM's region block, that would be super helpful. It's a real shame because I could just rent for 500 yen and see if it was worth buying the physical version or not. Shipping now is expensive unless you go for surface mail.

Last edited: