Double post rule more question

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Just want to clarify, what if the link on my old thread is already dead, can I create a new thread and post a new download link using the same file host? If I remember, I have seen someone did this before...

Or is that considered as double posting?

I am not a moderator so you should wait for a mods confirmation. But I am bored so I will offer my opinion:

If it is a mega-thread, (a thread containing all or a majority of your posts), then I would believe editing the old post would be called for, (perhaps including a note of when the post was updated). If you are talking about an individual post then they would probably be okay if you deleted it and made a new post with the new links, they might not. Editing the post to remove the old links and add the new would most likely be the most appropriate.

Best of Luck.

GekiDan

Jan 6, 2010
How about same file on a same filehost, but one is split into parts while the other is 1 file only?

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
NO, it is the same video and will be cross / double posting

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Just want to clarify, what if the link on my old thread is already dead, can I create a new thread and post a new download link using the same file host? If I remember, I have seen someone did this before...

Or is that considered as double posting?

if an old link is dead, you can edit your own posts, if you look at the bottom right of your post you will see 5 boxes which say
" EDIT QUOTE QUICK QUICK THANKS"

hit edit and you have access to your own post, and you can replace your links

JavjavJAV

p0rnMeNow
Jul 8, 2010
which one do I have watch before posting
the file info? the sceenshot or tittle

last night i got trouble for double posting
as the tittle and the info are different

and today I confusing as the info and the screenshot are different :puzzled:

and one more thing
there is one poster who provide the file info (the file size are the compressed file with recovery record) not the exact movie file size
is this allowed ?

If this allowed, so next time I can post same movie in same file hosting with recovery record too with different percentage and the file size will be different
and the others will be adding bonus.zip file
and can claim that the file size are different
just kidding :D

so which one file info is the posters must provide ?
the after compressed file or the exact movie file ?

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
which one do I have watch before posting
the file info? the sceenshot or tittle

The title, I do not think there is any rule as to reposting a screenshot nor do I believe would any moderator here consider that double posting.
10. Do not double post. If a title has already been posted on a particular filehost, you may not re-post it on that same filehost.[highlight] Always search the forum for the DVD code[/highlight] (i.e. "MIDD635" and "MIDD-635") before uploading a DVD rip or .ISO. Encodings of different sizes are exempt from this rule. Videos by Exclusive Uploaders (the guys with the blue usernames) cannot be re-posted at all, unless your encoding is of a different size.
adding a new post to an existing thread just to add new file hosters is double posting in the meaning of thread bumping - use the edit button instead.

last night i got trouble for double posting
as the tittle and the info are different

Actually that would be an infraction under rule 15, the info should match the post.
15. For new torrent or download threads, always provide a description or image preview. Threads / posts must contain the file size in MB/GB and the file format (AVI, MKV, OGM, RMVB, FLV, MPG, MP4, RAR, ZIP, JPG, BMP, GIF etc.) MENTIONED as well.

and one more thing
there is one poster who provide the file info (the file size are the compressed file with recovery record) not the exact movie file size
is this allowed ?

As far I know it is. The moderators can still tell if it is a double post despite different file sizes.

JavjavJAV

p0rnMeNow
Jul 8, 2010
The title, I do not think there is any rule as to reposting a screenshot nor do I believe would any moderator here consider that double posting.
Code:
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=951758
the tittle said 0.98 GB
but the info said 910 MB

and so I made this post as I'm sure that there is no other post with my file size
Code:
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=952764
and got infraction for double post (reversed, but hr20 must download the file first before reversing my infraction )

Actually that would be an infraction under rule 15, the info should match the post.

As far I know it is. The moderators can still tell if it is a double post despite different file sizes.

so, in this case if the other poster giving the incorect info
is this really my fault if I made a double post ?

what moderators would do ?
infraction, edit post, delete post or else ?

just to make sure, before I make a post here :)

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
You know the rules about double posting.

Was your post different Yes was the infraction reversed Yes, sometimes mistakes do happen.

If a post has the wrong info report it, i know you know how to do that. ;)

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Code:
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=951758
the tittle said 0.98 GB
but the info said 910 MB

and so I made this post as I'm sure that there is no other post with my file size

That's why we should impose to have thumbnails for each upload, not only for the Idol Videos :thief:.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
hi all
I want to ask carefully before i post, it must be stupid to get banned just because double post issue.
Here is the situation:
I download a file which is avi/wmv original, then i re-encode and convert to mp4 (smaller size, can be used on psp and some other mobile devices) and cut it to several part, such as 30 minute/part.

Is it ok if i post these 30 minute's part file?

Just said ok, plzzzzzz
:please:

In principle yes, you can post a reencode. If the original poster is an exclusive uploader, you should ask him before. As usual, you must provide all relevant informations (filesize, file format, DVD code, etc).

skyter

May 19, 2011
hi everybody!
today,i see posts violating rule 10,8,15...
most violations by new members!
I think that should be censored by the moderators before it appears!