Double post rule more question

darkrainbow

Oct 4, 2009
Is mirror using hotfile on Filesonic or fileserve from original uploader consider as double post?
These two hosts cannot be used on some counties (eg. Hong Kong)

thank for reply.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
..and fileserve may not be used AT ALL!

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
bigger letters for those that cannot read English properly, and it is easier to copy and paste in your translator

Elgringo14 posts ABC-123 ISO size 4.3 GB
he posts in Wupload, Uploadstation, Oron, Filesonic, Bitshare, Hotfile that then becomes the original post

later that day redrooster posts an AVI 30pfs 1.13GB
he posts in Wupload, Uploadstation, Oron, Filesonic, Bitshare, Hotfile this then becomes the original post for AVI

and 2 hours later still, I post a MKV 1.56GB 60fps
I post in Wupload, Uploadstation, Oron, Filesonic, Bitshare, Hotfile this then becomes the original post for MKV

5 hours later Mikey-Duck posts Elgingo14's original post with rapidshare megaupload, and Wupload,
now the first 2 are fine because they are mirrors, but the Wupload is the double and will receive an infraction, and it gets deleted,
next day Donny-Mouse posts his downloaded AVI he took form redrooster, but he decides to cut out 1 minutes worth of titles and makes it 10mb smaller, posting with Wupload and hotfile, but it is still a double post and will receive an infraction point

Planet-Pluto wants to post his downloads, using the post Coolkevin's 60fps, but he decides to be even smarter, and disguise's his post as different filehoster altogether, likes hide it in a multiple download link, and then he receives an infraction for double posting

so please check first by searching, it really cannot be that hard to understand

I would also like to add, for those that keep repeating the same offence, we are going to start giving instant suspensions, so the moral is always check

Thank you for all your help

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
honestly the double posting rule 10 has been issued to prevent Akiba-Online from spamming the site with the same files over and over...

and please be careful, we are eating careless users...
attachment.php

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
There are no exceptions from rule 10, so it effects any forum section.

GekiDan

Jan 6, 2010
There are no exceptions from rule 10, so it effects any forum section.
Thanks for the clarifications.
It's just that I see some duplicate threads, of same photosets with different filehosts, on that section when searching for photosets.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Thanks for the clarifications.
It's just that I see some duplicate threads, of same photosets with different filehosts, on that section when searching for photosets.

That is because I do not have the time to go there and sort it out

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
not at all, we just want to keep people off from adding new posts with added new filehosters to get the thread back on top of the lists.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
^So, it will still be a double post if other people bumped to it to post mirrors?

you can post mirrors, it is only if the original poster keeps posting separately, like some are posting, a new post saying, HF coming soon, then next day posts HF, and then a couple of days later posts WU coming some,

If anybody is in doubt, do not post it, simple, it is really not that hard to understand

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
1: Does this new rule affects only the op?
2: It is allow to post "MU links added to the first post"?

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
1: Does this new rule affects only the op?
2: It is allow to post "MU links added to the first post"?

it is not allowed to add a new post just telling "MU links added", because it is thread bumping as it brings the thread back on top of the list, that´s just exactly what we do not want anymore.

adding a 2nd episode for ex to an anime / hentai and telling that is ok though, as new material has been added.

But just adding new links is not adding new material...

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
not at all, we just want to keep people off from adding new posts with added new filehosters to get the thread back on top of the lists.

Just out of curiousity could you explain why this has become a problem? Adding new filehosters seems to me to be a beneficial thing and the posters perhaps could be rewarded with bumping their thread. I dont quite understand the motive behind the rule although I am sure there is one. Basically the rule just seems to complicate matters for the moderators and posters while hiding new updates to a thread from potentially interested members. I am not sure I understand the benefit for anyone involved.

GekiDan

Jan 6, 2010
I think they just want to prevent unnecessary bumping of his/her thread if he/she is the OP.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Just out of curiousity could you explain why this has become a problem? Adding new filehosters seems to me to be a beneficial thing and the posters perhaps could be rewarded with bumping their thread. I dont quite understand the motive behind the rule although I am sure there is one. Basically the rule just seems to complicate matters for the moderators and posters while hiding new updates to a thread from potentially interested members. I am not sure I understand the benefit for anyone involved.

there are a few members adding to there original post, with silly things like, HF coming soon, next HF gets posted, 2 days later, in the same thread Fsc will be added soon, and the next Fsc is added, it was ok until just recently, when many members kept placing the same thing, infractions was given as light spamming, I hope this helps to clear it up

GekiDan

Jan 6, 2010
Just want to clarify, what if the link on my old thread is already dead, can I create a new thread and post a new download link using the same file host? If I remember, I have seen someone did this before...

Or is that considered as double posting?