Donations and donator status

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Keeping the forum running isn't free, it's a fair amount of server costs. The small text-ads that most of you block anyway don't go very far, so I'm calling for help in the form of donations. Any money will go into monthly bills and upgrades.

fhc

BRASIL, Rio de Janeiro .
Dec 17, 2006
unfortunately, I cannot help.

I not have a international credit card.

However, it would be good to create a title of VIP MEMBER for those that contribute a lot with the forum, not with money, but with dedication and work...

For instance, who that has arrive in a mark of 5000 points of "THANKS" maybe him deserved the title of VIP member.

It would be a good idea if you creates this reward system, still more now than the points of "THANKS" were reset... It would be a fair dispute to see who if it would become a VIP member first.

What you think about it ?

Jan 17, 2007
I'll donate $20USD some time within the next two weeks(not now, no money in checkings account at the moment)

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Is the status of 'donator' a monthly thing or is it permanent? I've seen other forums that keep donator status for a month, as to keep the donators donating. I'll be more than willing to help out with this.
desioner

Balactus

Destroyer of Worlds!!!
Dec 22, 2006
I just donated $15 euro and in my excitement to help I forgot to enter my user name and email. :destroy:

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
just pm mr chompy with the details, thats what i did :stop2:

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
It's nice to have the nick in bold, but i think the color is not really different to the one of a normal member. (or my eyes are deficient ? ^^)

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
A VIP system is definitely a good idea. Like I said, the donor-system and priviliges are still under development and refinement. Expect VIPs (when chosen) to have similar priviliges to donors. The "thanks" system is only one way of deciding how much a member contrbutes to this forum though.

And a donate page on the forum itself will be added soon.

teaser

Mar 27, 2007
when will the donate page be up? or is already there? torrent stinks, rather direct dl using RS or MU.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Disregard this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.