Do you delete films after you watch them?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
When you downloaded a film from the internet, do you delete them after you watch it?

barba

we all make mistakes
Jun 6, 2007
some people can’t throw anything out. they have closets full of old clothes that don’t fit and never will, attics full of out-of-date textbooks from years of school that they will never re-read, freezers full of food that went bad ages ago but that they suspect might still be good. i know guys who collect vinyl records. they own huge suburban homes. each home has a bed, a chair, a phonograph, and two million records a piece. records in every room. not much else.

with jav files, i think you have to ask yourself the question, “ am i ever going to watch this again?” if not, delete. in fact, there are a lot of such questions whose answers depend on the amount of interest you have in the films, the amount of space you have at your disposal, and the ease with which you can re-acquire them. not recently, but i do recall several posts here at A-O where the writers said “well, i did it… wiped out the jav folder… years of downloading gone”. while those were posted at a time when space was at more of a premium, even now high-definition downloads can be five gig or more. you can fill up drives quickly at that rate. and for what? how many dirty movies do you need? your answer will probably become clear when it is time to purchase space, either an external hard drive or something out there in the clouds. (be careful out there.) me, i find it easy to delete films after one quick skim if i don’t find them memorable, even ones that took days to download. in fact, i find i need a reason to keep them. i’m more difficult to please than i used to be. in fact, i search more and more yet download less and less.

that being said, there are people here who seem to own or have access to a good chunk of just about everything ever made. you too can be a collector.

Reactions: bigloser0

PJB

Apr 12, 2007
When it comes to JAV, I usually keep all of them - but I compress them first and reduce them to about 10% of their original size. The quality hit is quite severe but not too bad if you do it right. I'm not that bothered since I can store thousands of them this way. As for regular TV and movies, I just delete them. If I really liked something I might purchase the boxset or somesuch..

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
When it comes to JAV, I usually keep all of them - but I compress them first and reduce them to about 10% of their original size. The quality hit is quite severe but not too bad if you do it right. I'm not that bothered since I can store thousands of them this way. As for regular TV and movies, I just delete them. If I really liked something I might purchase the boxset or somesuch..
10% in quality only? Or do you reduce the resolution as well.

PJB

Apr 12, 2007
10% is the filesize reduction (10% of the original, so 5GB file = 500mb compressed). The actual quality/resolution varies, depends on the input. I use ffmpeg.

Reactions: Casshern2