Do R18.com require a HDCP-compliant monitor?

May 8, 2020
Hi,

does anyone know if a monitor with HDCP is required to watch videos from R18.com ?
My monitor is old, not up to date with HDCP, and I haven't found any info in their faq (yep, I contacted their help support, and there answer seems generic and evasive, so still unsure).

Thanks

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
Hi,

does anyone know if a monitor with HDCP is required to watch videos from R18.com ?
My monitor is old, not up to date with HDCP, and I haven't found any info in their faq (yep, I contacted their help support, and there answer seems generic and evasive, so still unsure).

Thanks
When you register to R18.com for free you get a free movie in your library.
You can test streaming and downloading this free movie to know if your monitor/cables/pc etc works fine.

May 8, 2020
When you register to R18.com for free you get a free movie in your library.
You can test streaming and downloading this free movie to know if your monitor/cables/pc etc works fine.
Thanks.
I knew it already, that's what your support service told me when I contacted them.
Don't you think it would be a lot easier if you guys just stated clearly "your monitor must support HDCP to watch our videos"?
I mean, you are supposed to know it, right?
Most other streaming websites (Tsutaya comes to mind) give the info on their website.
Why can't you?