do guys watch sailor moon

nipponboy911

Sep 11, 2008
yup. watched it but didn't wait like a maniac for new episodes like i did with other anime. chances are, if you've either been living in japan since you were young or have been an anime fan since you were small, then you've most likely seen an episode or two even if you didn't like it because its just that popular. either that or there are those perverts out there who watched it thinking that they could see some underage animated tits during the transformation sequences so they watched a few episodes. LOL

Kenpachi God

Cpt. Of the 11th Squad
Apr 23, 2009
i watched until season 4 then i moved and the station that ran it stopped

drc

Dec 17, 2006
I actually have all of the region 1 dvd releases, the uncut releases from ADV Films plus the Pioneer/ Geneon releases; but not the Sailor Stars releases.

I heard that the Sailor Stars season was never released for the American audiences because Sailor Moon appears nude near the end of the series, representing pureness, something almost similar to an angelic image.

Oh well, the last time I checked, the images we have of angels do in fact portray them nude; so I don't understand what all the fuss was about.

Reactions: Satoru182

Kenpachi God

Cpt. Of the 11th Squad
Apr 23, 2009
wasn't sailor stars like season 9 if it was yeah i remem reading it was banned

BadGuy

May 3, 2009
Ah geeeeez Sailor Moon just was toooo horribly sweet for my tastes, but then again Guyver was the first anime to hit the TV here (very late at night), I once happened to catch it, and I was sold. I actually also watched DBZ for a while... it got boring though in the end. My missus loves Sailor Moon, and she's planning to make me watch it. However I won't download any such thing so I hope to be safe (until she figures out herself how to get it). And no: it's not a very 'manly' anime to watch. Rather one of those manliness crushing anime. I'm sure you're all safe though :XD:

elastick

remote hikkikomori
May 14, 2009
Woaw, that's not like I've watched one yesterday... Would I be now... kinda ... old?!
By the way, sweaty-girly maho-shoujo have never been my thing, most likely for the same reasons than BadGuy!

Unhapilly, there was no female anime heroine matching my tastes at the time.
I guess that would be more like a psychotic beauty swinging her sword all over the scene, like Saya in Blood+...
Hee? When I was 10? I guess almost the same... with a little more horror inspired from Stephen King, "It" being the book I hold responsible my primarily distrust towards clowns for.

Clowns are EVIL, don't get fooled!

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
And no: it's not a very 'manly' anime to watch. Rather one of those manliness crushing anime. I'm sure you're all safe though :XD:
fma488.jpg

:evillaugh:

Actually I bought the first 2 seasons, when ADV lost the licenses and the box sets got dumped for like $15 each. I was a sucker for Sailor Mercury, Jupiter wasn't too bad either. And I did rather like the live action version, a little short skirt eye candy can't be all bad.

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
I remember it being on t.v. when I was a kid but I'm yet to actually sit through an episode, should I?

cls31219

Jul 11, 2009
I watched it on TV a while ago. I prefer the Live Action version of the show more than the cartoon series although.

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
Saw it, but never liked it as a kid (or now)

Think back then (elementary school days) it was toonami with dragon ball and macross (well, was a ridiculously changed robotech for us).

Would have to run home from elementary school to catch the show when they moved it back to 3-4 (got out of school at 2:50, 5 blocks away)

I remember disliking sailor moon and card captor sakura quite a bit. Also pokemon which was forced down kids throats afterwords.

Macross (not robotech) is about the only one that holds up for me now a days.

NamiXxX

Namilover
May 2, 2010
I don't watch the SailorMoon series, but I have some Hentai Stuff of those girls^^

paldin

Aug 22, 2009
I have five seasons of Sailor Moon on DVD and two of the movies. I had torrented the live action show as soon as I found out it existed, but only watched half before I lost it to a reinstall of windows. I was super excited about the July 2013 re-release of the show, only to be crushed in July when it was postponed indefinitely.

Do guys watch Sailor Moon? What a silly question.

Reactions: 1 person

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I luv when these old discussion threads get resurrected. I actually have never seen an episode but I am going to change that soon. There is just so much great anime to choose from nowadays. It is no wonder that Funimation now reaches something like 40 million households. The only problem I have with Sailor Moon is that the dubbed versions are heavily edited and incomplete, making them useless. I do not mind watching subbed episodes but watching 200 subbed episodes is another matter entirely. My eyesight is bad and sitting close to the screen is not the most comfortable position. Nonetheless I will watch the subbed version or none at all.

According to Wiki " On January 9, 2014, it was announced that the new anime will premiere in July."