DMM Site Search Menu Guide

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012

index.php

Are you a non-Japanese speaker? Navigating through the DMM site may not have been too much of a problem, regardless; in the past, all I've needed were the ones saying "DVD" in the drop-down search menu (to place the I.D. or SKU number of the video I wanted to search), or the very first listing which is for "All Products."

But when I put the Japanese lettering of an actress in "All Products" recently, I got a result of videos with a bunch of different actresses. So I wanted to find the item in the drop down menu just for actresses.

Turned out it's the one that starts with "AV."

In case you find yourself in the spot of trying to figure out what the rest of the items in the drop-down menu stand for, below is a handy-dandy list. (Of what came up through Google Translator; I needed to go page by page.) The descriptions in the parantheses give an idea of some of the lines, in case you get lost, or in case the DMM order changes in the future. ("BLACK BLOCK" identifies the black square beginning some of the listings; the square turns white on mouseover.)

All Products (BLACK BLOCK)
Video (BLACK BLOCK)
-Video
Amateur (Two Japanese symbols, 2nd upside-down "Y")
Anime (3 symbols, ending in "=" & "X")
Adult Movie
Electronic Photo Album

Video Monthly (BLACK BLOCK)
1 Video (BLACK BLOCK)
-Video (3 symbols)
Amateur (2 symbols)

Free Video (BLACK BLOCK)
Game Pretty (BLACK BLOCK)
Game Pretty (BLACK BLOCK, 2 symbol)
e-comic (BLACK BLOCK)

Store (BLACK BLOCK)
DVD
SexToys
-Anime (3 symbols, ending in "=" & "X")
Games - Pretty
-Book (3 symbols, middle "smiley face")
-Doujin (2 symbol)

DVD Rental (BLACK BLOCK)
-Monthly Rental
Rental Individual
Set Rental

AV Actress Information (BLACK BLOCK)

smartphone/mobile (BLACK BLOCK)
Game console
-Mobile

REFERENCE: Problem accessing DMM website

Attachments

• DMM.jpg
    DMM.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Well, DMM has changed, now, over two years later. Note the position of the dropdown box as of now:

DMM dropdown.jpg

See? The dropdown box is left to the right - I mean - right to the left of the red thingamagig with the magnifying glass search icon.

I didn't scrutinize too carefully how the order of the dropdown box may have changed with what I have above, but I'd guess ... based on pretty much the same number of categories on their list, around twenty-seven ... that that part has not changed, at least not significantly. (Therefore, what I came up with is still relevant. So there.)

Well, why don't I share with you two other areas of the DMM page that I find useful?

For me, the most useful information is in the area right below the title:

DMM under-title.jpg

So what we've got here is:

Type of Media (DVD, in the above case)

Release Date
Duration
Cast

Director
Series Page
Manufacturer
Label
Genre
DVD Code
Average rating

The "Cast" and the "Series" links are the ones I find most helpful.

Now, when you open up the series page, you will see three dropdown boxes for (as translated):

Media
Range

Sort

DMM series.jpg

See, there they are, right above the pikchers, on the row which ends with the 30-60-120 numbers. (Reflecting "The number of display.")

The one I find useful is the third one from the left, "Sort," or what R18 calls "Sort by":

R18 dropdown.jpg

The default for R18 is "Popularity," as you may see above. But I usually find very helpful titles arranged by newest to oldest (which is really good to see if an actress may have retired -- that is, if you click on the actress pages, which also contain the same three dropdown boxes -- and all sorts of other things). So my guess is, the default for DMM's "Sort" dropdown box is also "Popularity," but the second item is "Release Date" - which also coincides with R18's "Sort by" dropdown box.

If you have any tips and tricks to share about DMM's pages that you have found to be useful, why not let the rest of us in on it? Place to do so is right here.

Last edited:

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
Do note the sort list depends on what area you're in. DVD has "newest" as second option, but Video, for instance, has "newest" as 3rd option.
I tend to search the video area as it often seems to have more titles than the DVD area.

Reactions: Casshern2

jppilot

Mar 20, 2011
google chrome + translate to english(of course this is machine translation). I'm always using this and no problem with navigation and information. Maybe everyone knows this already, but for me this was useful tips.