Discussion about DMM website

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

jubojuru

Dec 31, 2022
Anyone notice the R18 seems to be removing some higher resolution streams? I have APAK-069 with Suzu Ichinose. My old downloaded file is apak00069hhb.dcv and 5.1 gb and I'm pretty sure it was available at 1080p.

However, now the largest selectable resolution is 720p and the largest download is ~3.5 gb which is what my JAV-IT rip came out to.
r18 file
size: 5.01GB (5,390,486,212 byte)
disk allocation size: 5.01GB (5,390,487,552 byte)

vancofan

Jul 2, 2009
r18 file
size: 5.01GB (5,390,486,212 byte)
disk allocation size: 5.01GB (5,390,487,552 byte)
Yeah, that's what I have for my downloaded file from 2019, but if you go to R18 now, it's only 3.5GB. Not only that, but R18 names the files differently depending on resolution. <video code>hhb.dcv is the naming scheme for 1080p videos, and <video code>mhb.dcv is the naming for 720p videos. Login to R18 and check now, I think only 720p is available now and is what is downloaded from the stream as well

dheophe

Apr 21, 2008
Yeah, that's what I have for my downloaded file from 2019, but if you go to R18 now, it's only 3.5GB. Not only that, but R18 names the files differently depending on resolution. <video code>hhb.dcv is the naming scheme for 1080p videos, and <video code>mhb.dcv is the naming for 720p videos. Login to R18 and check now, I think only 720p is available now and is what is downloaded from the stream as well
I'm pretty sure some of my video also downgrade it. But I cannot prove it. If it really happen then it's illegal since we pay for higher reso.
Btw, is somehow we're able to subscribe to dmm monthly premium, can Jav-it tool decode those vids also?

Reactions: vancofan

cuentaleft4dead

Aug 22, 2022
What's the current method for buying DMM points? PayPal? Gift cards? Much appreciated if someone helps me with a detailed explanation, I already have a VPN set up.

vancofan

Jul 2, 2009
I'm pretty sure some of my video also downgrade it. But I cannot prove it. If it really happen then it's illegal since we pay for higher reso.
Btw, is somehow we're able to subscribe to dmm monthly premium, can Jav-it tool decode those vids also?
Well, I'm sure the argument is that the service 'can be terminated at any time' and lacking the higher resolution vid for a couple weeks is hardly a pressing issue since they're shutting down (and ripping the stream is well... I assume in violation of the contract as well).

Saw two more films that seem to have been stealth downgraded. IESP-168 and IESP-174 - two of Hotaru Akane's 20 nakadashi vids. They should be 404 or 480p and I remember streaming them from the mobile app at similar resolutions just a month or two ago.

Current R18 downloads/stream limited to 240p. I guess that oughta teach me about procrastinating on backing up my purchases.

R69LKNASS

Mar 13, 2009
Well, I managed to get my files downloaded from my r18 library using a stream recorder. I wish I had discovered it a few years ago. I'd like to record and rebuild my video wall like on the R.18 library page. Does anyone know a good program for doing this? I'd like to be able to adjust it and input my saved video files to be able to be accessed from the wall. Any recommendations on programs to do this?

R69LKNASS

Mar 13, 2009
Why are some movies not available to purchase?

It gives me "Sorry! This content is not available in your region."
From what site? Did you try using a VPN and setting your country to the same location as the company you are getting the files from? I always used a VPN and would always put my location as Tokyo to get DMM/R18 files. It's too bad that R18 is shutting down tomorrow. They never really explained why they closed down.

Reactions: Packer2113

6uns

Feb 2, 2023
So R18 just shut down completely. I was a member on there and had my favorite actress kawahara kanae movies on it. Almost all her titles and a couple others. My question is where could I purchase the newer movies? DMM doesn’t let me purchase bc they ask for province when I type in my debit card. Someone wanna help me?

cuentaleft4dead

Aug 22, 2022
So R18 just shut down completely. I was a member on there and had my favorite actress kawahara kanae movies on it. Almost all her titles and a couple others. My question is where could I purchase the newer movies? DMM doesn’t let me purchase bc they ask for province when I type in my debit card. Someone wanna help me?
You can add DMM points to your account with paypal to buy the movies, if your credit/debit card doesn't work with paypal you can use airtm to add funds that way. Needless to say use a VPN set to japan (I can recommend protonVPN, it's free). Make sure to backup all your purchases to your computer to avoid another R18 situation.

Reactions: 6uns

6uns

Feb 2, 2023
You can add DMM points to your account with paypal to buy the movies, if your credit/debit card doesn't work with paypal you can use airtm to add funds that way. Needless to say use a VPN set to japan (I can recommend protonVPN, it's free). Make sure to backup all your purchases to your computer to avoid another R18 situation.
I was just signing up to dmm and looking for the points page through PayPal. It seems like they’re going to stop allowing this method for overseas card holders after may.

Reactions: cuentaleft4dead

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
Can help you to get those movies if you want.

dheophe

Apr 21, 2008
I was just signing up to dmm and looking for the points page through PayPal. It seems like they’re going to stop allowing this method for overseas card holders after may.
Check with your bank if they offer JCB card.

AceRothstein

Jul 13, 2019
For users outside of Japan, another option is to setup an account on Amazon.co.jp.

On Amazon.co.jp you can use most major credit cards to purchase DMM point gift cards, which you can then redeem on DMM. When you purchase the DMM gift card, you just insert your own email address so it will be electronically delivered to you, usually within 5min or so.

Note - you don't need a VPN for Amazon.co.jp, but you do need one for DMM if outside of Japan.

cuentaleft4dead

Aug 22, 2022
For users outside of Japan, another option is to setup an account on Amazon.co.jp.

On Amazon.co.jp you can use most major credit cards to purchase DMM point gift cards, which you can then redeem on DMM. When you purchase the DMM gift card, you just insert your own email address so it will be electronically delivered to you, usually within 5min or so.

Note - you don't need a VPN for Amazon.co.jp, but you do need one for DMM if outside of Japan.
I tried this method but even with a VPN on, Amazon requested verification via japanese mobile phone. Has this happened to anyone else? :confused:

R69LKNASS

Mar 13, 2009
Where did they talk about that? I don't see where it is mentioned on the points page.