Discussion about DMM website

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

R69LKNASS

Mar 13, 2009
Is there a way of seeing expired purchases on Fanza? On my purchase history, I see only the items which I got on "indefinite time." But short-term rentals don't show up as having been purchased but are now expired. Is there a way for these to be displayed as well?

blind51de

Jun 24, 2010
Hello,
Nice to see not much here has changed. Still prescribing one download host and everything. I'm hoping activity may not have dropped off enough that I can get some information since the only other English-speaking community I know of are strict pirates.
So I matured a bit and started buying JAVs over time. Usually stuff on sale but a good chunk of it are cheaper short movies from the "amateur" category. I made my purchases strictly with my legacy DMM account, which I never registered for Fanza or R18.
The region restriction was quite a shock, since another good chunk of my collection were genres that crossed over with fauxcest. I was even considering whether or not I should file a lawsuit. As things stand, I still have access to my entire library on the app. But I'm still wary of ever making a DMM purchase again in case it should un-grandfather my account in some way and cut me off. I'm terrified to even let it run an update.
My questions,
1) Has anyone in a situation like mine managed to view the full catalogue and made purchases with a VPN like ProtonVPN and accessed their account (and possibly restricted new purchases) on your non-JP IP without issues?
2) What kind of process is most reliable for purchasing points? I don't mind ordering physical cards.
3) Have any pirate groups offered to take over accounts and archive titles that aren't yet ripped? I would consider donating my account after removing the payment information rather than go through the tedium of archiving everything myself.

Walle12

JAV VR needs less clothes and more lesbian
Dec 6, 2008
I can buy at Fanza from Europe using PayPal without problems. But only on the japanese web. If I change to english, it doesn't work.

You create a new account, select titles, pay, it offers to buy points, there is an option to use PayPal. You pay and obtain the points. You can understand the messages with DeepL Translator.

Last edited:

crunchor

Oct 7, 2012
dmm.co.jp does not allow any kind of access outside of Japan now, any alternative site?

I used to see what new AV videos or top actors are available through dmm.co.jp, but now it just blocks any non Japan IP to access any content even after free account login. Any good suggestion just to see new video and top actors? Thx!

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
You could just use a VPN. I have no problems getting to the site with that.

weiwei0421

Jul 8, 2011
dmm.co.jp does not allow any kind of access outside of Japan now, any alternative site?

I used to see what new AV videos or top actors are available through dmm.co.jp, but now it just blocks any non Japan IP to access any content even after free account login. Any good suggestion just to see new video and top actors? Thx!
VPN works for me too. I also use it to browse new titles but definitely gotten annoying. This is why they can't progress because they're too conservative. R18 shutdown and now it's back to targeting their own market again

crunchor

Oct 7, 2012
VPN works for me too. I also use it to browse new titles but definitely gotten annoying. This is why they can't progress because they're too conservative. R18 shutdown and now it's back to targeting their own market again

You use paid VPN? I cannot find a free VPN like Opera browser that works with dmm.co.jp

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
I did a quick test and Proton VPN has a free option and works with DMM. I could connect to the site, search for a movie and watch the preview, so I'm assuming the other bits will work as well. The free option doesn't like P2P software, so if you're running something like a torrent client you'll have to shut that down when you connect to the VPN server.

I personally have a paid VPN, which I already had for other stuff than DMM anyway.

twinklespoon

Jul 25, 2023
A word of warning. A VPN will allow you to browse and add money via Paypal but it will not actually let you complete a purchase. The last purchase step gets blocked and I've tried a variety of VPNs. Curious if a dedicated IP works.

weiwei0421

Jul 8, 2011
A word of warning. A VPN will allow you to browse and add money via Paypal but it will not actually let you complete a purchase. The last purchase step gets blocked and I've tried a variety of VPNs. Curious if a dedicated IP works.
yeah, I only use it to browse for upcoming titles and get them from the "wild". As much as I would love to show support for Japanese products, they themselves are not open to even getting foreign revenue. So their lost I guess

blueredder

筋肉熟女 の 愛好家 The Muscle Madam Worshipper
Jul 12, 2015
XCream keeps denying payments with this new 'chocom credit payment' system. I was able to purchase just fine before.
Does Xcream work with overseas credit cards? Is it quite safe/easy to use right now? I read they recently allowed foreign credit cards after a hiatus, so no VPN is needed, I think.

dheophe

Apr 21, 2008
Did they increase videos price? I believe old video around 980Yen but now around 1180Yen? Or it's only certain studios?

R69LKNASS

Mar 13, 2009
I've seen the prices from 300 yen for older titles to 2,500 or more for some newer titles. Just depends on the studio, genre, and newness of the title.

I just bought a few titles last week. But tonight my VPN or something is messing up again and I can't get access to the site.... did Fanza change something? I can access my library page... but not other pages... this is most distressing.

Walle12

JAV VR needs less clothes and more lesbian
Dec 6, 2008
Why are some new DMM exclusive VR movies not for sale at Fanza? For example, FCVR-034 or MDVR-265.

If they are exclusive to DMM but they don't sell them... Where the hell can you buy them, how do they make money on them?

Last edited: