Discussion about DMM website

intrepid8

レズぺニバン Enthusiast
Oct 10, 2009
All hits for title searches through Google US using "site:dmm.co.jp CODE-xxx" seem to result in "not available in your region" notifications now, not just some of them.

Everyone else not in Japan and not using a VPN also seeing this?

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
The one I tried gives that error, yes. Luckily it seems to work just fine when I use a VPN with a Japanese server though.

I wish the DMM site would incorporate R18's image search option since that's going away when the R18 site closes down. They already did all the work, would be a shame to just chuck it away.

Reactions: AceRothstein

broadbandz

Jan 11, 2019
All hits for title searches through Google US using "site:dmm.co.jp CODE-xxx" seem to result in "not available in your region" notifications now, not just some of them.

yeah it sucks, for yrs all you had to do was block the check country cookie with a add-on and you could pretty much bypass all dmm security. now it seems a vpn is required.

intrepid8

レズぺニバン Enthusiast
Oct 10, 2009
It's weird because it's not like I can't access the images since JavLibrary links it's images directly to DMM and those remain viewable. It seems it's being blocked explicitly via search results.

kerodoro

oh high.
Oct 23, 2022

Seems to be depending on content. Some don't seem to show it.

I usually just go to dmm.co.jp directly and search for the video. Most of the time it goes through just fine. Oh and VPN helps.

zanshin0212

Nov 1, 2011
R18 encryption can be decoded. The tool jav-it will download the stream of any R18 video and decrypt on the fly. I have 69 vids I purchased from the site, and I'm going through the process of ripping them. You will need to become a Patreon to download the tool (there are earlier versions available without becoming a patreon, but they don't work anymore in my experience).

You need to be comfortable using a command line tool for this to work, but it is simple and took me around 15 mins to be up and running. I am not affiliated with the tool or developer. Just a grateful guy happy not to lose his collection here.

I have been careful not to post the actual Patreon link here, but some searching will reveal it quite quickly.

• Love
Reactions: ingridguerci94

s2_zero

Dec 7, 2009
I have a movie on r18.com that is unable to steam it is download only. Is there downloader that work that?

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
My service can get you movies from DMM and Duga (and some others). If you wish to get what you have on your R18 library. Yesterday, I got 4 movies for a guy, old movies, only available on DMM now that R18 is dead.

ramp_it_up

Dec 21, 2018
Seems to be depending on content. Some don't seem to show it.

I usually just go to dmm.co.jp directly and search for the video. Most of the time it goes through just fine. Oh and VPN helps.
Looks like I need a VPN to access DMM. I use to browse the sites for trailer, but now I get a message saying not available in my region. This is mostly for the DVD browsing since they have a good preview section. What a good VPN and how can I use it to view DMM site?

iamadumba55

Oct 31, 2022
Yes, you can download from DMM with the open source cli tool https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp and the browser extension "Get cookies.txt"

Requirements:​

Step-By-Step:​

1. Go to DMM and log in
  2. Open the video you want to download in the HTML 5 player from DMM
  3. Use the browser extension "Get cookies.txt" in this window to get a Netscape formatted cookie file
  4. Extract the playlist.m3u8 via browser developer tools (F12 - Network Tab)
  5. Enter the following command in your console

Errors:​

Sometime it doesn't work and errors out with a

but I have not found why it does that. Usually it helps to keep the HTML 5 player open and just try again...
Hi I need help as I'm clearly doing something wrong here. Sorry I don't have any experience but I tried for awhile now, it can download 1 frag and ends up with error: unable to download video data: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
'luid' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Could you clarify for a beginner what you mean in step 4, to "extract the playlist"?
Thanks...

Attachments

• cmd_JBl044RLej.png
    cmd_JBl044RLej.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 697

IdeNali

Jul 27, 2016
Hi I need help as I'm clearly doing something wrong here. Sorry I don't have any experience but I tried for awhile now, it can download 1 frag and ends up with error: unable to download video data: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
'luid' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Could you clarify for a beginner what you mean in step 4, to "extract the playlist"?
Thanks...
I also get this 404 error sometimes, haven't figured out what has to be done differently so that it doesn't appear.
What seems to be important that you get fresh cookies from the HTML5 player window, not just from the normal DMM website.
With "extract the playlist" I meant that you need to get the .m3u8 link. You can filter in your Network Tab after .m3u8 and you should take the first playlist link that appears. It usually works if I do it like this...

broadbandz

Jan 11, 2019
setting your user-agent on the dmm domain to the google bot will bypass the country block. Use a user agent switcher extention.

dj-pajacex

Feb 11, 2022
setting your user-agent on the dmm domain to the google bot will bypass the country block. Use a user agent switcher extention.
It works. DMM server doesn't check whether your IP belongs to google.
You can also use "User agent" setting in "Network conditions" in developer tools in chrome and edge browsers instead of extensions.

iamadumba55

Oct 31, 2022
@IdeNali It makes no difference to paste the popup player link into a new tab (in order to use the cookies extension)? I tried it with ublock off, cleared cookies. With the playlist link it's simply just right click on first playlist > copy > copy link address? which I have been trying as well as all the links, the first playlist is only one that "works" and at best will download 1 fragment before giving that error. I think I've wrote the command correctly if you didn't mention anything of it,

thanks for your help. It was only 1 movie from DMM anyway, found a torrent with same filesize hopefully same quality

Attachments

• sdfsdfdfd.png
    sdfsdfdfd.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Love

WallyX

Dec 1, 2009
I've been using R18-ripper to capture the unencrypted stream. I need to test the VR though as I would really like to keep everything I purchased.

Is there any other site I can go to to support JAV stars? VPN then to DMM.co.jp and use google translate?

IdeNali

Jul 27, 2016
@IdeNali It makes no difference to paste the popup player link into a new tab (in order to use the cookies extension)? I tried it with ublock off, cleared cookies. With the playlist link it's simply just right click on first playlist > copy > copy link address? which I have been trying as well as all the links, the first playlist is only one that "works" and at best will download 1 fragment before giving that error. I think I've wrote the command correctly if you didn't mention anything of it,

thanks for your help. It was only 1 movie from DMM anyway, found a torrent with same filesize hopefully same quality

@iamadumba55 As you can see in my screenshot, it does work with yt-dlp. (I blacked out the URL because I'm not sure what information could potentially be extracted from it)

Your command seems correct, so I'm not sure what you are doing wrong. I'm sorry that I can't be of more help because I'm not doing anything different from what I wrote. :(

Screenshot_20221101_061940.png

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008

If you're using a batch file replace all % characters in the URL with %%