Discussion about DMM website

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
According to the DMM website it's not an exact ISO. It will have the actual video in the same quality as the regular DVD but things like the menu and chapters may be different.

jppilot

Mar 20, 2011
"This service is not available in your region .
Sorry! This content is not available in your region"

dmm shows me this notification for most javs, can someone name alternatives sites to check new jav releases?

javr

Dec 3, 2009
FbswWkHUYAAreDZ

I did not notice this. No wonder my VISA debit card no longer works on DMM. Thought I wasn't affected by the Mastercard situation.
I guess DMM gift cards is the next viable option.

Hamger

Apr 25, 2012
FbswWkHUYAAreDZ

I did not notice this. No wonder my VISA debit card no longer works on DMM. Thought I wasn't affected by the Mastercard situation.
I guess DMM gift cards is the next viable option.

Luckily I have american express cards. Where can you get dmm gift cards?

dheophe

Apr 21, 2008
Thanks for passing this along - IT WORKS!!

You can buy gift card and email to yourself. Next step is to enter into DMM points prompt on site.

While my R18 library is frozen in time, my DMM library can expand. Today is a good day.
I really hope we can merge DMM and R18 library. Did anyone use VPN to buy from DMM?

AceRothstein

Jul 13, 2019
I really hope we can merge DMM and R18 library. Did anyone use VPN to buy from DMM?

Outside of Japan you will have to, as it simplifies the situation -

Strangely, there are some titles that you can't view in DMM catalog at all due to regional restrictions (They show up in searches, but if you try and look at the detail it kicks you out), and some that I actually purchased that it prevents me from viewing without a regional VPN (As in I purchased and when I tried to open the stream/download screen it kicked me out).

Luckily most VPN services are cheap or free if bundled with OS. Small price to pay, I am just supremely happy this is even an option despite the low hurdles.

ramp_it_up

Dec 21, 2018
Outside of Japan you will have to, as it simplifies the situation -

Strangely, there are some titles that you can't view in DMM catalog at all due to regional restrictions (They show up in searches, but if you try and look at the detail it kicks you out), and some that I actually purchased that it prevents me from viewing without a regional VPN (As in I purchased and when I tried to open the stream/download screen it kicked me out).

Luckily most VPN services are cheap or free if bundled with OS. Small price to pay, I am just supremely happy this is even an option despite the low hurdles.
are the titles incest, hypnosis, S&M and schoolgirl-based titles

javr

Dec 3, 2009
A little update for interested parties.
I bought a gift card from another site(before I saw fletcheree post) and redeemed points with no issue.
It seem buying from amazon is the best option since there's virtually no price markup(other than currency conversions and card charges).

Other possible payment methods for dmm points....
1) Paypal - I initially tried to use it when my card no longer works. But this requires to link with a japanese paypal account which mine isn't.
2) Amazon pay - I did not notice this initially, I can only assume a japanese amazon account is required(which I actually have) or an international one is sufficed.

And finally, from my observations, the region locked and blocked for links and titles are as random as it goes.
So if anyone thinking of exploring the DMM/FANZA site, VPN is strongly recommended if not a must!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 07-14-24 Select point charge payment method.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 07-14-24 Select point charge payment method.png
    283.5 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: AceRothstein

Hamger

Apr 25, 2012
You can also use paypal credit to buy from the dmm store since it not a credit card.

edit - I can still use visa through paypal.

Last edited:

Hamger

Apr 25, 2012
So i noticed most of the old school Natural high clips are either region restricted or completely gone from both the r18 and dmm site. Mostly the molester series. NHDT-516 for example I do not have an option to watch it through the browser on both r18 and DMM(Japan VPN) and only download and watch through the R player or DMM player.

What worries me is you have to log in to the R player and DMM player. If they decide to completely block certain videos I'm pretty much screwed. Anyone knows how to remove the DRM or a way to record it. Seems I have no choice but to figure it out.

Reactions: vancofan

Lodestar

Nov 4, 2017
Well damn. When I was last here they had shut off American(?) Visa/MC on R18 and now it all seems to be shut down. That's really unfortunate.

So i noticed most of the old school Natural high clips are either region restricted or completely gone from both the r18 and dmm site. Mostly the molester series. NHDT-516 for example I do not have an option to watch it through the browser on both r18 and DMM(Japan VPN) and only download and watch through the R player or DMM player.

What worries me is you have to log in to the R player and DMM player. If they decide to completely block certain videos I'm pretty much screwed. Anyone knows how to remove the DRM or a way to record it. Seems I have no choice but to figure it out.

If there is a stream in browser option available you should be able to download those ones. I have experience with R18 a little bit in the past. Unsure about DMM.

I am not sure about the files they use for the R-Player or DMM Player.

Last edited:

Hamger

Apr 25, 2012
Well damn. When I was last here they had shut off American(?) Visa/MC on R18 and now it all seems to be shut down. That's really unfortunate.

If there is a stream in browser option available you should be able to download those ones. I have experience with R18 a little bit in the past. Unsure about DMM.

I am not sure about the files they use for the R-Player or DMM Player.

Yeh nearly impossible to record or remove it. Luckily SOD prime site had the same video for just $300 yen. L

bukkakearchiver

Dec 23, 2021
I'm able to buy from R18 now. US btw.

Log in to DMM website and buy points with paypal then switch to r18 to buy what you want. Kind of good news.