Discussion about DMM website

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

pukimai

Jan 11, 2013
Guys, I usually used DMM website to chcek latest video from my favourite actresses, but lately i don't see any update in their actresses information section, are they having problem ? i ca't check the latest movie from SOD, and the others, is anybode else also have same experrience ? or is it only happen to me ? thank you

Kappiah98

Dec 14, 2008
Letter writing campaign

Still the news is:

Important Notice of Maintenance
As part of our effort to further improve our service, please be advised that our credit card payment system will be under maintenance for a few weeks.
During this period, you will not be able to perform payments using your non-Japanese credit cards.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank all of our users for your continued support of DMM.

How long does it take to fix a credit card problem? It is now almost three months and they still have not resolved the problem. Is this a private corporation or a government agency? Why keep teasing us? I think it is time we start writing letters to the management or support to come clear on the issue - whether they want people outside Japan to watch DMM movies, or they don't. What they are losing in terms of goodwill is more than what they think they are gaining by keeping outsiders out.

dotwu

Apr 27, 2008
Hi,

Is there alternative way besides of using unblockdmm[dot]com to access dmm from outside japan?

Kappiah98

Dec 14, 2008
Response I received from DMM today regarding when their "Maintenance" will be over:

"Thank you for using DMM. This is the DMM support center.
We are very sorry for inconvenience this may have caused.
Please understand beforehand that there is no certain shcedule made for completion of the maintenance presently.

Very truly yours,"

Nick_Wells

Jan 3, 2013
I used a prepaid American Express credit card to make a PPV purchase on dmm.co.jp/en today and it went through, for what it's worth. I'm pretty happy, but the DRM is terrible. I can't even get the video to play in WMP, I have to use their Silverlight DMM Player app which isn't terrible but I'd rather use MPC w/ madvr. Are there any DRM stripping options that don't involve setting up a virtual machine with XP and WMP 11 or screen recording the video?

Not sure about PPV but I've had good luck with Aimersoft in getting around their DRM on a d/l. Did you order via the Download + streaming option? If so, Aimersoft should work on the .wmv.

You can verify the quality for yourself by downloading BLK006: Rio Sakura (the full length vid, not the preview). The 60fps conversion helps it look smoother, but you can still get an idea of potential results.

Hope that helps!

-Nick
____
http://nickwellsjav.blogspot.com/
Follow me (@NickWellsJAV) on Twitter for all the latest updates and EXCLUSIVE DOWNLOADS.

Mar 28, 2008
Well, whats the best way to fight piracy?

Treat everyone like a criminal.

DRM is pointless anyways, we still get our JAV feed.

NocturnaL88

Jun 7, 2008
This might seem silly for some of you, but it took me longer than it should to figure out, so maybe it's worth mentioning. For any chrome users that followed the steps and still can't view the site, make sure you block cookies from "http://www.dmm.co.jp". Simply blocking dmm.co.jp will not work.

Crowny

Lurking in the shadows
May 30, 2008
Their maintenance period is over. You can pay with and register your foreign credit cards again.

Mai Nadasaka

Aug 23, 2009
Good news from DMM:

"Credit Card Maintenance Completed

Thank you for your continued patronage and support of our unique adult entertainment product library.

We would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused due to our service upgrades up until this point. Due to issues with integrating overseas credit card information into our system, we at DMM had to upgrade and perform maintenance on our payment services. We have completed these security upgrades and are proud to say that the payment process is now up and running for our customers using non-Japanese credit cards.

Please be aware that even though the maintenance has been completed, there might be some instances where users will not be able to register their credit cards or purchase products.

We apologize in advance for any inconveniences and appreciate your understanding in any future matters regarding security measures to our site.

Again, we would like to thank you for your continued patronage and support of DMM.co.jp.

Sincerely,

DMM Overseas Team"

:adore:

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Looks like you can't access DMM from overseas anymore. Is the only way around this with a proxy?

Hm, I'm overseas (seen from Japan). And it works perfectly for me - at least http://www.dmm.co.jp/. So maybe it's blocked from your country (e.g. IP based) or your country blocks such sites.
I guess you already tried the things mentioned in this thread (e.g. using the Adblock Plus and the Stylish plug-in for Mozilla).

akiramike

Jan 12, 2011
I've the adblock thing going and it says 海外からご利用の方はヘルプをご覧ください。

Without adblock it says This page is not available in your area.

Gah, this just happened recently. :(

EKG

Oct 4, 2009
What the hell was the point of introducing an English version of the site if they were just going to block everyone who speaks it immediately after anyway?

chrisfallout

Jul 8, 2008
it could me that only people from usa get blocked. since there other parts of the world where English is spoken. for some reason European and some japan base site are block for people living i usa. i can not post any comments on yahoo uk since it blocks usa. same for japan sites too since blocks people out from usa. also do that for protection too. since not all are legal age.

EKG

Oct 4, 2009
it could me that only people from usa get blocked. since there other parts of the world where English is spoken. for some reason European and some japan base site are block for people living i usa. i can not post any comments on yahoo uk since it blocks usa. same for japan sites too since blocks people out from usa. also do that for protection too. since not all are legal age.

Wouldn't be that. I moved overseas a while back and it's the same problem here. Seems to me like DMM is completely backpedaling on everything, despite the Help page clearly saying that PPV services are available outside of Japan.

Amusingly enough, now it says the *Help* page "isn't available in your area", straight from its very message giving a link to it.

boshu22

Sep 11, 2009
Anyone else having problems accessing DMM today? I've been using Adblock and blocking cookies like this thread suggested with no problems. It's been working fine for over a year but, today, I started getting that screen asking me to choose my language English (with the American flag) or Japanese (with the Japanese flag).

I've checked my settings and nothing's changed so has the DMM site changed their blocking somehow or should I re-do the settings on my browser?

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
I just tested it and I can still access the site using the cookie blocking trick.

Reactions: 1 person

boshu22

Sep 11, 2009
I just tested it and I can still access the site using the cookie blocking trick.

Thanks for checking it out.

Installed Firefox and did the cookie blocking trick. Works. Guess there's something with the cookie blocking trick that doesn't like Chrome.

rancher

Jun 26, 2007
Tried it using adblock and blocking cookie www.dmm.co.jp - in both firefox and chrome.

Still doesn't work, takes me either to a page saying unavailable from overseas or continuously asks me for language flag if cookies are blocked.

I'm trying to access it from australia.