Discussion about DMM website

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Mai Nadasaka

Aug 23, 2009
I haven't tried any workarounds 'cos it's not necessary, at least from the U.S.

You can access the digital side - even make purchases and d/l them (they do have DRM, though). As far as the side with subscriptions and DVD's, there's no point in accessing it from outside of Japan (aside from extremely rare research purposes). They will NOT ship outside of the country (purchases or rentals) no matter how you access the site.

Of course, they may block the site altogether from certain countries (i.e. China) but that's a different deal altogether.

I guess I'm not sure why people are trying a workaround access - it seems you're not gonna gain anything even if you succeed. Now, I could be wrong and the US may be the only foreign country you can access the digital side from; in which case, please disregard this message.

Hope this helps!

-Nick

Thanks for your help.

I'm from Europe and I can access to all digital side. But to tell the truth, I'm interested much more in the physical side, where there is the IP restriction.
Now I can access to the physical side too, only if I try to use your guide for Chrome users. Not bad, but the problem is: I can't buy any JAV magazine last issue - like VideoBoy, Bejean, ecc... - because they don't ship outside of the Japan! :notagain:
Damn!
In addition, you can't find any recent release of this magazine on the digital side... Why?!

P.S.: OT.
Anyone knows where I can buy this kind of magazine from Japan? :please:

mrblah

Apr 8, 2007
they closed en.dmm.co and say to use regular dmm, I registered but its not accepting the credit card, do they still not allow USA credit?

mrblah

Apr 8, 2007
its only there to tell people to go to regular dmm, they are not letting you buy anything anymore

Aug 25, 2010
So whats the latest on DMM? It appears their English site is done but yet, we still can't search for titles on dmm.co.jp? What in the hell is it with DMM? Maybe they oughta just write, "We Hate Foreigners" on their main page and get it over with.

mrblah

Apr 8, 2007
credit card page said:
As part of our effort to further improve our service, please be advised that our credit card payment system will be under maintenance for a few weeks.
During this period, you will not be able to perform payments using your non-Japanese credit cards.
they are working on allowing foreign credit cards, which means we should be able to get any digital title on the site, en.dmm was missing a lot of content

qwerty07

Mar 3, 2010
Man, people in here make it seem so hard. I've never had an issue with using DMM and I don't know a lick of Japanese.

Use the code or copy paste the Japanese characters. As for searching the different genres just the tags. You can even sort them by newest, most popular, etc...

easy, japanesy:joker:

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Agree to qwerty07. I use the Japanese version all the time. Most of the time it's juct copy'n'paste, Google translate and another Japanese Internet dictionary in my native language. At least it is enough to understand the main points.

fastbk

Sep 7, 2009
I have the same problem, cant seem to register my credit card nor buy anything. Is this a temporary thing?

mrblah

Apr 8, 2007
they had a message that they are updating their credit card system to accept foreign credit cards, but then it went away and it still doesnt work

lukechamber

I am Ryo Saeba in MOKKORI mode
Oct 19, 2010
Does anyone has the same problem like me?
I can not click any link on DMM website.:please:

lukechamber

I am Ryo Saeba in MOKKORI mode
Oct 19, 2010
Now, DMM sites keep asking me for choose language, English or Japan..and once, I choose it appear again.
*sigh*
the only thing I am interested in is "dating" section

mrblah

Apr 8, 2007
Wait, it was possible to purchase off of DMM if you're not in Japan?

last year you could use en.dmm to buy the streaming stuff but they closed that site and you cant buy from it anymore. It was the same price at 300yen for most stuff but they didnt have everything the japanese site had (it had most).

Guys, I just found out that I can make purchase from Sokmil.com with my card.
Now I'm a happy man again!

p/s: Still trying to recovering my died HDD so that I can undrm to share with you guys.

so you can download the streams with a stream grabber? Hopefully they use a DRM that can be stripped without loss of quality, DMM uses the newest kind which is impossible, the videos have to be recorded which drops frames and is lower quality.

chocolatelover

Panties lover
Feb 3, 2009
l
so you can download the streams with a stream grabber? Hopefully they use a DRM that can be stripped without loss of quality, DMM uses the newest kind which is impossible, the videos have to be recorded which drops frames and is lower quality.

Very true indeed!!
For the past couple of days I've been trying out various method.
First, I manage to boot up my old Windows XP, which I used to be able to use it to Fair4use undrm the files. But it was a huge disappointment 2 days ago when I realized it's not possible anymore.
Then I start to look into the Media Foundation SDK hoping that I can transcode the file. I'm only able to copy by bitmap with that library & unable to perform a direct copy & so I gave up on this one.
The only option left is aimersoft. I'm only able to use this software on my Virtual PC with Windows XP install & only able to utilize to up 1 CPU & less than 4GB ram. Only if I can run the software on my Windows 8 with 8 core & 16GB ram, I'm pretty it can minimize the drop frame & improve the quality slightly.

Do share your finding as well. I believe there are people out there still able to perform a lossless undrm considering the medias we're able to access to out there.