Direct Download to Torrent Coordination

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I had an idea (I'm sure I'm in no way the first to dream of it) that I thought I would throw out there to get some feedback. If you'd hear me out to humor me. There is a member here with (so far) a bit of a pickle. Details at the link below. To help them I thought of the scenario:

I have a title in four pieces -

SNYD-065.part1.rar 250MB
SNYD-065.part2.rar 250MB
SNYD-065.part3.rar 250MB
SNYD-065.part4.rar 57MB

This was to be a request fulfillment but the user prefers torrents. I'm thinking it has to do with connection speed? Well, if you can read the link it might help I guess, but at any rate my idea was this. If we found some willing participants to use Direct Download links to one part each and then coordinate with each other then everyone involved could torrent the entire title, correct? This way if direct downloading as a free user is super slow or undesirable for you it may not be too much of a burden to maybe direct download a portion of a title and then you can torrent from the others that did the same. Eventually everyone would have all parts.

:study2:

I know zero (nothing) [jack] about torrents, so if this is stupid please forgive me. I'm just trying to help someone out. Does something like this even make sense? Give me your Do's and Don'ts, your Can'ts and your Won'ts. And the member who requested this has nothing to do with what I'm asking here and I certainly don't judge or question why they specifically prefer torrents.

Thanks for your time.

Request post in question: http://www.akiba-online.com/showthread.php?t=1290958

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
If I understand you currectly you want to share the different parts of the movie? Wouldn't it better to share the complete movie? Of course everyone can re-share the movie - if the same torrent file is used. Or to be even more precise: If it is exactly the same file everyone can create its own torrent file, if the "piece size" is the same (means the size for which one hash is responsible for. Greater size, less hashes, smaller torrent file, harder to share. Smaller size, more hashes, larger torrent file, easier to share).

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
CodeGeek, yes that's what I mean. I should explain further. I have the complete movie. I do not torrent. Don't know how and don't want to know how. I have uploaded the parts where they can be grabbed by free users. It has been my limited experience that those who prefer torrents try to stay away from Direct Downloads, I'm assuming because of the slow speeds for free users. I thought if, say, five people just downloaded one part each of a split file (part1.rar, part2.rar, etc...) then they could torrent from each other the parts they are missing. Then they all have the title. I know zip about torrents, so...yeah.

I was trying to help another member that prefers torrents. If others could DDL one 200MB part they wouldn't have to download five of them. Then they could coordinate as to who has the other pieces and they could torrent accordingly. Again, it sounds sane to me because I don't know what I'm talking about.

Is this just a bad idea?

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I'm just trying to imagine the situation. If I would be interested in that download and would be one of these fives you mentioned, I would download the whole movie. And if I'm not interested I wouldn't take the pain (means effort) to download even one file and re-share it. Or I'm wrong?

Next problem is if one of these fives goes offline (or never goes online) with his/her file, you would wait for years until you finish that download. If the file hoster takes that file down you will have to start with a new set of files again.

I think the intention is good, but I'm not sure if the technique is that good. If someone prefers torrent, but there is none, that person should be the one who is re-sharing it as torrent. The next person who has the same thinking would be very thankful for it.

iori11

Nov 25, 2009
I had an idea (I'm sure I'm in no way the first to dream of it) that I thought I would throw out there to get some feedback. If you'd hear me out to humor me. There is a member here with (so far) a bit of a pickle. Details at the link below. To help them I thought of the scenario:

I have a title in four pieces -

SNYD-065.part1.rar 250MB
SNYD-065.part2.rar 250MB
SNYD-065.part3.rar 250MB
SNYD-065.part4.rar 57MB

This was to be a request fulfillment but the user prefers torrents. I'm thinking it has to do with connection speed? Well, if you can read the link it might help I guess, but at any rate my idea was this. If we found some willing participants to use Direct Download links to one part each and then coordinate with each other then everyone involved could torrent the entire title, correct? This way if direct downloading as a free user is super slow or undesirable for you it may not be too much of a burden to maybe direct download a portion of a title and then you can torrent from the others that did the same. Eventually everyone would have all parts.

:study2:

I know zero (nothing) [jack] about torrents, so if this is stupid please forgive me. I'm just trying to help someone out. Does something like this even make sense? Give me your Do's and Don'ts, your Can'ts and your Won'ts. And the member who requested this has nothing to do with what I'm asking here and I certainly don't judge or question why they specifically prefer torrents.

Thanks for your time.

Request post in question: http://www.akiba-online.com/showthread.php?t=1290958

:aha: hello guys well i mainly use only torrent (too poor to have a ryushare sorry), if you have the whole file or the links in mega i can torrent it for a month or two so people can pick it up

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
:aha: hello guys well i mainly use only torrent (too poor to have a ryushare sorry), if you have the whole file or the links in mega i can torrent it for a month or two so people can pick it up

iori11 you are awesome!!! I think I'd better chunk it up because I've had someone have problems now and then getting full-title sizes from MEGA. Sucks to lose the download midway. I can put it up right away. You're going to make someone very happy!

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
@CodeGeek, thanks for following along. I have a visual now. This process would start with someone (like me) who has a title that others want yet does not torrent but instead offers to upload it to a site that offers free downloads. And keep in mind this theory is for those who would rather torrent, do not have Premium accounts with any hoster and don't mind using a slow Free link for a 200MB file instead of a five 200MB files. It would by necessity need to be coordinated with trusting souls to work. I use MEGA purely as an example.

Each would download one 200MB part, either assigned or chosen, doesn't matter:
attachment.php

Then, each would set up a torrent to make their part available (again I know nothing about torrents, so that's probably why my logic is illogical!):
attachment.php

With those up now each can torrent/download the parts they are missing from each other:
attachment.php

This way they were only burdened with a DDL once for a smaller chunk rather than all the chunks and can use their preferred method of downloading for the rest, obviously keeping in contact to make sure everyone has completed the entire title. This is kind of like crowd-sourcing in a way and would really only be meant to be used by those involved. Of course once they have the complete file they can do as they please with it. I'm sure this sounds waaaay better in my head. Anyway, it was just a thought. iori11 has ever so kindly offered to make this available as a torrent!

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Last edited by a moderator:

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Somehow I'm not 100% positive about this. But nevertheless I recommend that the initiator always provides a torrent file for each of the parts which can be used by the other members a) to reseed the file and b) to download the file. Otherwise you maybe different members will use different torrents for reseeding the same file because you can use different set-ups (e.g. the piece size as I explained earlier).

I'm dreaming of a central directory (not a folder on your HDD, the other one) of torrent files - at least one for each movie. The torrent files contain only the information about one movie file. These can be used to download, but also to reseed. And everyone who reseeds files should use them if possible. In that central directory you can also enter your "authorship" so you don't have to put your credits in extra text or HTML files or in the movie itself. But at the moment this is just a dream...

iori11

Nov 25, 2009

Attachments

• SNYD-065.mkv.torrent
    16.3 KB · Views: 259
Reactions: 3 people

iori11

Nov 25, 2009
Somehow I'm not 100% positive about this. But nevertheless I recommend that the initiator always provides a torrent file for each of the parts which can be used by the other members a) to reseed the file and b) to download the file. Otherwise you maybe different members will use different torrents for reseeding the same file because you can use different set-ups (e.g. the piece size as I explained earlier).

I'm dreaming of a central directory (not a folder on your HDD, the other one) of torrent files - at least one for each movie. The torrent files contain only the information about one movie file. These can be used to download, but also to reseed. And everyone who reseeds files should use them if possible. In that central directory you can also enter your "authorship" so you don't have to put your credits in extra text or HTML files or in the movie itself. But at the moment this is just a dream...

:whistle: To tell you the truth i have with some friends from Javlibrary,we made it trough a Yunio.com account (but we can do it on mega if you guys prefer) it's just a shared folder containing all our torrent if people are up to it we can do the same here it would be nice also it permit frends who don't have access to a movie on a specific hoster to get someone to down it for them and either upload it to a different host they have premium for or like i just did to share it via torrent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
:cheery: oki here is the torrent of the whole movie if you want to i can make a torrent for each part, oki i keep sharing for a month or 2 till i see no one getting it anymore ^^

WOOOOOW! You are the greatest ever! Have to hand it to the torrent scene...true sharing.

imran0333

Jan 27, 2012
Dear iori11, i have downloaded and added the torrent SNYD-065, but it has no seeds, kindly seed it a bit, the rest i will as long as you may ask to. Thanks dear

iori11

Nov 25, 2009
:cry5: i am sorry i am kinda downloading stuff this week-end i will fix this by monday morning as i am no even home.

Really sorry but i kinda added a bunch of torrent, Torrent is no dead ... PC is (Thanks Akiba xD)

i'll send you a litle message when it is fixed, once again sorry :byebye:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Well, my good man, iori11...thank you so much for setting up the torrent. I see you're not home, but I'm here to tell you that apparently our friend imran0333 was actually able to take advantage of the MEGA links I put up, the same you used to get the files. Hopefully you are able to enjoy this title as well! Concerning his request for the torrent I guess that one is in the can. Obviously you can leave the torrent if you think others will grab it, but if you were putting it out there specifically for him I guess you can disregard. Funny how things turn out. I'm hoping none of this has inconvenienced you in any way.

:dizzy:

We are indebted to your willingness to help, my friend. Hopefully I can return the favor.

Reactions: kurapomabau