cost of a motel/hotel in Tokyo?

Oct 6, 2007
I'm leaving for Narita on July 24th and returning to Korea July 31st. One of my Japanese friends is checking out prices but while I wait for her does anyone have any guesstimates? I just need a bed (big enough for two) and a bathroom, nothing fancy. I know it might be two different worlds but in Seoul you can get a damn sweet hotel room for only 60,000W/night which is less than $60.00CDN. Of course I'd also want a place I can keep my suitcase in seeing as I'll be staying a week. I was hoping $100.00/day max.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
You should consider looking into business hotels. Google up "Hotel Urban Business Hotel". I stay there whenever I need to do a teaching job out at Shizu in Chiba. They're pretty cheap, it's about 4,000 yen for a room the size of a North American bathroom if you are there with a business permit but otherwise it's around 6,000 if I recall.

They have many locations throughout Tokyo, Chiba and I think around Yokohama and Kawasaki. If you stay at the one in Iriya, you're a 3 minute walk from my place.
Here's some info:

http://di.roombank.ne.jp/jsp/RS1501...ull&RCV_CD=null&AGT_RCV=null&RS_InnCode=13A6K

Oct 6, 2007
Nice, I'll definetly pass this onto my friend since she will be making the reservations and I'll get your number closer to the time so I can buy you a beer for your help.