Serious Collectors Needed for DVD Release Group.

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Hello all Akiba fans,
First let me introduce myself, please call me desioner you can view my profile for more information. I've been in Japan now for 4 years and have increasingly collected a lot of comics, DVDs & magazines living here. I know there are some other serious collectors out there and I would like to join you in your efforts to collect. I've been a member of Akiba-online since it's conception last year. I've contributed quite a bit of my collection to the community and would like to continue this trend. I also run my own P2P server and have a great reputation with those that I exchange ideas and information with.
This idea has already been run by Chompy and I have his approval to try it. It's NOT breaking any rules of Akiba-online.
We know that buying your favorite comics, DVDs and magazines can be very, very expensive. In some cases our favorite media might not even be available to us. (shipping out of Japan, local laws, etc…) I'm thinking this is a way to reduce the cost of the media and increase the collection. I'm focusing on DVDs as they are more expensive to collect than comics and or magazines but the idea can apply to all and I might open it to them after receiving comments & feedback.

First let me state the requirements.
1: You must help pay for the media, the more partners the lower the cost. Payments will be handled by PayPal.
2: You must have an e-mail account for contacts and to create and use a PayPal account. It's free to setup and use.
3: You must have a credit card to make payments.
4: You must have a good solid internet connection. Able to sustain a minimum 100k upload in traffic.
5: You must have patience to seed out to the partners so that all have a complete copy of the files.
6: You must have a minimum 10GB free hard drive space for a potential dual layer DVD title.

If these requirements can't be met please DO NOT apply, you will eventually be able to get the files we collect. I will therefore assume that you have read and meet these requirements when I hear from you.

Secondly the way I envision this to work is as follows.
A: I receive private messages and or e-mails about your interest in this project form you. I put you on the list of partners. I'm thinking a week recruiting time is good for each title, as some partners would not want a specific title.
B: After the limit of a week has been reached the partners are then all contacted by me and a final cost is calculated, 1 DVD for example ¥3990÷10=¥399. All partners are aware of each other and what we must pay together.
C: Donations are made and when all are received…
D: The media is purchased and when I receive it I copy/scan it & post it. The original post will NOT be done on Akiba-online as to keep it private to the Partners. The post will include; an original DVD.iso, high quality cover & artwork scans. Seeds and peers will be regulated by allowing and banning IP's with the torrent software.
E: Once each Partner has completed the original seed it can then be opened up to the rest of the community and also ripped @ a smaller file size.
F: The next title in the series is then purchased, and the process repeats itself. Others are voted on and added to the queue.

Partners found violating these rules will be banned from the group & future purchases.

Having said that let me now explain what I'm after first. I'm very interested in starting with the following series, but once completed others may follow and all partners have a say in what is purchased and can request anything they like, which will be subject to a group vote.
I want to begin collecting Pink Seisyun Woman School 桃色青春女学園.
There are currently 9 volumes in the series (4 was excluded due to superstition) There are a few Specials as well as a few singles. For a total of 16 DVDs. Each with a suggested retail price of ¥3990 for a total of ¥63,840! Thats a lot of money for one collector to pay and share for little to nothing in return. So as a group we can all help each other get this and a lot more for far less. There is power in numbers.

This is just the first draft of this idea I have composed. I'm open to any comments, suggestions and questions. I'd like to have a list of partners for the 1st planned purchase by Wed June 7th.
The first purchase will be Number one in the series Pink Seisyun Woman School 桃色青春女学園 vol.01.
dllayp0001az_j.jpg

I'll be updating this thread with information I receive and please feel free to post what you like after.
Thanks for your time & consideration.
desioner

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Team L.I.F.E. FAQ.

It's really not yet a FAQ. As it's just begun, but potential questions I'm anticipating.

Q: How can I trust you?
A: I've been a contributing member of Akiba-online and run my own P2P server. I have no reason to cheat, lie or steal from you.

Q: Why are you charging us?
A: Because the cost will be far less and you are guarantied a copy.

Q: Why are you using PayPal?
A: I've been using PayPal for transactions like this for years without incident.

Q: I don't have a good connection, can I still be a partner?
A: Unfortunately not. The connection is a key point to the reliability of the group.

Q: How are the files distributed?
A: As torrents. It's the fastest way to transfer files this large.

Q: What format are the files?
A: The DVDs are iso and the cover & artwork scans are as jpg @ 360 dpi.

Q: Why must I upload a minimum 100k?
A: So that the partners can get the file quickly. (goal is less than 1 week.)

Q: How fast will you (desioner) upload?
A: I can offer the swarm 500k which I think is quite a bit for a DVD. I'll remain connected to all peers during transfer.

Q: How can we (partners) choose/say what we want next?
A: All series that you're interested in could be discussed @ Akiba or with I (desioner) and other partners would be contacted on those options.
Perhaps it's best that we use the Junior Idol Request sub-forum with polls.

Q: Will the group simultaneously collect series?
A: No it is my goal to start and finish a series. Once one is finished move on to the next, if a new volume were to be released it would be added.

Q: Are we committed to staying in the group?
A: No, you can leave at any time and or decide not to get any DVD.

Q: What is the retention time for the file transfers?
A: Due to hard drive limitations I think that 2 weeks of active transfer is adequate. I will stop st that time to continue on to the next title but they can be re-seeded by partners.

rock

Feb 22, 2007
I think you have a well concieved idea and I hope it works for you.
You seem to have planned it very well and I wish you all the very best.
I cannot join your group as I do not meet all the requirements but I feel you are going to do well.

Thanks

nello angelo

Oct 26, 2007
I think you have a well concieved idea and I hope it works for you.
You seem to have planned it very well and I wish you all the very best.
I cannot join your group as I do not meet all the requirements but I feel you are going to do well.

Thanks

I agree and I wish you the best of luck as well. I would like to join your group but my connection is crap.

Vyse

Feb 19, 2007
Hey

Ill Join ya I read and understand your rules. So:goodboy: how do i join you?

Status
Not open for further replies.