cost of a motel/hotel in Tokyo?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Oct 6, 2007
I'm leaving for Narita on July 24th and returning to Korea July 31st. One of my Japanese friends is checking out prices but while I wait for her does anyone have any guesstimates? I just need a bed (big enough for two) and a bathroom, nothing fancy. I know it might be two different worlds but in Seoul you can get a damn sweet hotel room for only 60,000W/night which is less than $60.00CDN. Of course I'd also want a place I can keep my suitcase in seeing as I'll be staying a week. I was hoping $100.00/day max.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
You should consider looking into business hotels. Google up "Hotel Urban Business Hotel". I stay there whenever I need to do a teaching job out at Shizu in Chiba. They're pretty cheap, it's about 4,000 yen for a room the size of a North American bathroom if you are there with a business permit but otherwise it's around 6,000 if I recall.

They have many locations throughout Tokyo, Chiba and I think around Yokohama and Kawasaki. If you stay at the one in Iriya, you're a 3 minute walk from my place.
Here's some info:

http://di.roombank.ne.jp/jsp/RS1501...ull&RCV_CD=null&AGT_RCV=null&RS_InnCode=13A6K

Oct 6, 2007
Nice, I'll definetly pass this onto my friend since she will be making the reservations and I'll get your number closer to the time so I can buy you a beer for your help.