Collection of JAV codes (ideally with short description)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

ThatsTheWay

Oct 6, 2021
I'm talking about the first 3-4 characters of JAV names (XXXX-1000). There are hundreds of codes for JAV series and it seems like most series have a certainly theme. I know that not every code stands only for one theme, but I think often it's possible to describe what you will get.

Does anyone of you know of a website which lists these codes and gives some explanation to the content? I know that many sites exist which list these codes and you can see the movies, look at their tags and then conclude what the theme of this series is. But to do that for every relevant code, takes too long and you would have to watch also movies because the tags don't tell everything.

I researched a little bit and came up with something like this, For my one sanity I need some overview. Without such a list it is really hard to know wich series you watched and which you plan on watching.

Mature woman
  • MME
    • FFM
    • mature woman
    • sensual
Big tits
  • MMND
  • ZMAR
Lesbian
  • LZPL
Extra long videos
  • SCF (some compilations)
Gokkun / Bukkake
  • Cum Swallowing: Gathering It All Up
    • MIAD-898 (beside that they do a lot different stuff)
    • MIAA-062 (beside that they do a lot different stuff)
    • MIGD-748 (beside that they do a lot different stuff)
    • MIAE-332 (beside that they do a lot different stuff)
  • MVGD
  • MVBD
  • KV
  • SPM
  • YFF
BDSM
  • CMA
  • CMC
  • CMN
  • CMV
  • IESM
Piss
  • MVG
everything
  • MIAD
  • MIAA
  • MIGD
  • MIAE
Ideally we would add much more information to every code. If we had such a list it would be pretty awesome to look directly for the series with the right theme. Instead of looking for tags which are on the one hand often incomplete and many videos and series are missing on the bigger websites.

Burdeos

Jul 17, 2021
It's a bad idea to use DVD codes for genre categorization, it's just sloppy. Using tags is just easier, and on top of that on r18 when you open a video you get recommended similar videos in the description below, and the recommendations are always accurate to the theme of the current video.
Codes that stick to a single theme from beginning to end are a minority.

Last edited:

maload

Jul 1, 2008
abp- come from absolutely perfect

its mean anything here.

i try to find what is it too many years ago and when i know that ... it dont help me much so i forgot about it all

vincent_z

Low Angler
Nov 27, 2007
This might help you a little more:
寝顔 sleep 睡眠 sleeping
パンチラ panchira | 白パンチラ white panchira
逆さ upskirt
パンツ panties
下着 undergarments, lingerie
モザイク破壊 mosaic removed
無修正 uncensored
お姉さん older sister
パイパン shaved delta
レイプ | 強姦 r***, insult
中出し | 中だし creampie
可愛い cute, lovely, adorable
巨乳 big breasts
美乳 beautiful breasts
美少女 beautiful girl
女子高生 female high school student
しろハメ sprouting innocent girl
援交 compensated dating
野外露出 | 野外 public exhibitionism, outdoors
電車 on a train
輪姦 gang r***
グラビアアイドル bikini model
裏垢女子 a girl's secret (Twitter) account
小さな small, little, tiny
若い young
まんこ | マンコ pussy, vagina, etc..
アナル anal sex
直播 (female) soon to orgasm
ロリ系 | ロリ lolicon
JC, JK, vintage
少女 little girl, virgin?
十代 teenager
トイレ restroom
放尿 urination

Reactions: elgonzo

branbran726

Nov 5, 2021
Lots of codes mean something, but it's just as likely to be the studio/label as the genre. Indeed, it's because a studio might specialize in a certain genre that the codes occasionally match genres at all.

OP mentioned MVG and MMND; those are 'M's Video Group' and 'Miman', respectively.
IPZ, IPTD, IPBD, IPX, and IPVR are all 'Idea Pocket' releases.
SSIS, SSNI, SNIS, SOE, and ONED are all from the 'S1 No.1 Style' label.
Studios and labels that have come out with literally thousands of JAV just make a new code when they get to #999.

Early on the codes were used to differentiate between Sale DVD, Rental DVD, or VHS.
With the studio 'Million', you'd have MILD-### for a DVD and MILV-### for VHS for the same title.

There are even single letter codes like [S-508], which could indicate an independent maker who didn't care about getting things mixed up, or just one who started using the code very early.

We should just be thankful that Japan decided to use catalog codes at all. ;)