Choosing a JAV download thread to bump

branbran726

Nov 5, 2021
I have a number of older JAVs that I would like to share. I am eager to make them easy to find, and of course I want to fit within the rules of this forum regarding download posts.

Is there a policy on how to choose which thread to bump if there are multiple old threads for a title with dead links? Especially if NONE of the old threads are in compliance with current policy.

For example: I want to share [MAN-075], which has at least one, two, three, four, five, six dead threads.

#6 appears to be the oldest. #1 is the only one that doesn't translate the title incorrectly (because it doesn't translate it at all) . #3 and #4 are in line with current policy about bracketing the release code in the thread title, but they don't include the name of the actress (#3 does in the body). #4 includes defunct uploader names in the title. None use Filejoker, and none match the rip or ISO files I want to share.

Go with the oldest? Newest? Pick the one closest to current policy? The one with the most archival info in the top post (I would re-write it anyway)? Is there ever a case where it's appropriate to start a new thread, if even one old one exists?

I'm also looking to share a new rip and DVD-ISO for [NST-003], which has at least one two three four five threads. I lean towards #1 because it includes the actress in the title, but it leaves out the [release code].

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I will get back to this when I come home

Reactions: branbran726

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Sorry was in a rush yesterday

under normal circumstances, I could move posts and merge threads and sort through the best to retain info, currently while the site is still trying to get back to its normal self, I think it is best to put your post on the one that gives the best title information, and report the codes that need sorting, until then that is the best I can do

branbran726

Nov 5, 2021
Sorry was in a rush yesterday

under normal circumstances, I could move posts and merge threads and sort through the best to retain info, currently while the site is still trying to get back to its normal self, I think it is best to put your post on the one that gives the best title information, and report the codes that need sorting, until then that is the best I can do
Thanks for your time and effort; I'm sure you've got your hands full with more pressing tasks.

Just to be clear, I pick the one with the best (I take that to mean "most search-able") thread title and report the rest of the threads -- or DM you/post with the [codes] that need sorted? I mean, there's nothing wrong with the old threads, other than being made before the current policy and having dead links. They'll be merged, or deleted?

I don't have a ton of titles that would need this treatment - likely less than 20. For one, I've been trying to hunt down & buy things that maybe didn't make it on to the internet in their time. For another, most of the time there's one clear thread to post into.

Again, thanks your your attention.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
what I will do is merge them all into one thread, have a look, then clean up, and I might remove the irreverent posts so the thread is not too long

Reactions: branbran726