How to Start a New Thread, Torrents, Direct Downloads

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
This is an English speaking Japanese board
see below how to post​

Title Bar [Cover Code] Actress Name English then Japanese, Title English then Japanese
example
[TSDV-41152] Yuko Ogura 小倉優子 - Tottemo Amai とっても甘い
it is in blue because the background is in blue that is all that needs to be on the title

The Body (main part of the post containing information and relevant pictures)
it does matter what section you are posting in, it is all the same, (Film or Photo) and it is in all sections

if the post has a watermark on it you have to say so, at the top so it can be seen
Warning this has a watermark
Size **GB/MB
format avi, iso, jpg, mp4, m4v, pdf, wmv…
or what other format is used

for Films all posts need a cover and a screenshot (video thumbnail)
for Photobooks cover and at least 1 or 2 pictures are required (can be edited down to a reasonable size as the original will be in the set)
for magazines, all have covers, and pictures,
mixed photo sets, at least 2 photos
they can be posted as thumbnails (better for those who are using tablet and/or phones, also better for faster loading

what is also needed in the main section is

Cover Code ABC-123
Name English/Japanese
Title English/Japanese
any other information is valuable like
running time
release date
studio
and film information
bit rate/frame rate
audio
and if you want, even a description of scenes

example
Title: Zutto Suki Dayo ずっと好きだよ 三田羽衣 Blu-ray版
Actress(es): Ui Mita 三田羽衣
Manufacturer: 株式会社ウーノ
Label: Uno
Catalog Number: BUNO-012
Release Date: 2015-11-25
Running Time: 98 minutes
File Format: iso & m4v
iso File Size: 23.76GB
[LQ] Video Codec: H.264 CBR ±1600kb/s @ 854x480
[LQ] Audio Codec: aac @ 160kb/s
[LQ] File Size: 1.24GB
[720] Video Codec: H.264 CBR ±3700kb/s @ 1280x720
[720] Audio Codec: aac @ 160kb/s
[720] File Size: 2.79GB
[1080] Video Codec: H.264 CBR ±9300kb/s @ 1920x1080
[1080] Audio Codec: aac @ 160kb/s
[1080] File Size: 6.94GB

And finally Etiquette
if you got it from another member, whether it is a torrent/direct download, please link it
like torrent/ddl here

Password/s it has to be given clearly, not really needed for torrents, but some do add them
see example below
Known password/s
YuKo-ABC-123

all Rules Apply see following links
Rules and Regulations
Do Not Upload
Cash links and Banned links, please read carefully on the ruling, because it is not on the banned list, it does not mean it is not banned

for Direct Downloads, currently all posts must have FileJoker links, and also ALL FILEJOKER LINKS MUST BE AT THE TOP OF THE ALL THE LINKS
------------------------------
Thanking posts will be deleted, we have a like button for that reason, there is nothing more annoying than a THANK YOU posted after 2 years

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
スレッドタイトル:[DVD品番号]「女優」ローマ字・日本語 - 「タイトル」ローマ字・日本(ファイル大きさ+フォーマット)
ファイル大きさ:◯◯MB/GB
ファイルフォーマット:avi, iso, jpg, mp4, m4v, pdf, wmv…
例文:
[BUNO-012] Zutto Suki Dayo ずっと好きだよ - Ui Mita 三田羽衣 Blu-ray(23GBBDiso+720/1080m4v)
本文:
動画や画像どこでも同じ使って下さい。

もし電子透かしあれば教えって下さい。

動画の場合は必ずジャケット画像+サムネイル
写真集や漫画など…ジャケット画像+数枚サムネイル

大事な部分:
タイトル
女優
メーカー
ラーベル
DVD品番号
発売日
期間
ファイルフォーマット
動画圧縮のコーデック:データ圧縮:データ解決
音声圧縮のコーデック:データ圧縮
ファイル大きさ

例文:
Title: Zutto Suki Dayo ずっと好きだよ 三田羽衣 Blu-ray版
Actress(es): Ui Mita 三田羽衣
Manufacturer: 株式会社ウーノ
Label: Uno
Catalog Number: BUNO-012
Release Date: 2015-11-25
Running Time: 98 minutes
File Format: iso & m4viso File Size: 23.76GB
[LQ] Video Codec: H.264 CBR ±1600kb/s @ 854x480
[LQ] Audio Codec: aac @ 160kb/s
[LQ] File Size: 1.24GB
[720] Video Codec: H.264 CBR ±3700kb/s @ 1280x720
[720] Audio Codec: aac @ 160kb/s
[720] File Size: 2.79GB
[1080] Video Codec: H.264 CBR ±9300kb/s @ 1920x1080
[1080] Audio Codec: aac @ 160kb/s
[1080] File Size: 6.94GB

マナー :
もし自分のファイルでわ無いの場合はリンクして下さい。
アーカイブやデータ圧縮のパスワードあれば是非教えって下さい。

パスワード:
akiba-online

下のリンクも全部必要です。読んでください。
ルール
アップロードNG
クラウドストレージNG

もしトレントじゃなくて、クラウドストレージの場合は:
他のホストの前にFileJokerが一番。その後他のホスト自由にどうぞ。
ただの「ありがとう」言うたら消します。右下の所「Like」を押して下さい。

Last edited:

Elldallan

Jan 19, 2013
Great post:) a few ideas/suggestions, thought I dunno if you're looking for them and/or want to keep the thread clean, if so just delete this post.

Would it be possible/feasible to require that the first image(preferably cover image) in the thread be hosted locally?
This would make sure that the thread thumbnail doesn't get broken when an imagehost for whatever reason deletes the image.
To preserve whatever tiny source of income posters get from imagehosts I think it'd be acceptable if the image was a 220x150(or whatever the standard resolution for thread previews are) image thus encouraging downloaders to go check out the larger sized image hosted offsite.

Also it might be useful to point would be uploaders to where they can get the additional info requested, not everybody might be familiar with where to get it.
http://www.dmm.com/
https://www.eic-book.com/
Are the ones I'm familiar with, there are probably others that I don't know of. For JAV content there's also:
http://www.dmm.co.jp/(Though non-japanese locale users might have to use http://unblockdmm.com/ for access to at least some of the content)

Also you might wanna mention the more specific rules for some of the subforums such as one code one thread and the 7 day exclusivity rule as some people might otherwise miss them if they're careless.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Suggestions are always looked at, can never have too many

I did think about something like the covers to be posted as an attachment, but I did not want to make it to long to understand, if I had the time I would try and sort out those with the deleted pictures, I know you add many and I am grateful for that. A lot of imagehosts change there settings and delete many, (that is why I am against it)

I agree it would be nice if we got the added info as well, to start with I hope we can get them to post properly first them perhaps add the bonus stuff later, I am deleting the stupid thank you posts, so if anybody has added info it can be added later without thinking oh no not another stupid thank you

I think most posters now automatically go for the 7 day rule and one code one thread rule, I will try to remember to add it later (too tired now)

Thank You

hawkwind

Dec 7, 2011
Hi, I was thinking of posting a video on here but after trying to understand all the things I have to do I can't be bugger.
I am 71 yr old and never grow up with computers so am not that quick.
I would like a quick and easy post instead of all the crap
Cheers Hawkwind

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Hi, I was thinking of posting a video on here but after trying to understand all the things I have to do I can't be bugger.
I am 71 yr old and never grow up with computers so am not that quick.
I would like a quick and easy post instead of all the crap
Cheers Hawkwind

I have thought about this
not sure what you mean by crap

it is only correct information to help find what is posted, it will aid your searches, it is to stop wrong information if you need help, you can go to IRC and ask for it,

I am not an expert and I do not program, but it has cut down on a lot of bad posts, there are mistakes made, and I get many reports, and I edit many posts, if you cannot be bothered by it all, I do not see why you should tell us that?

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009

How to use the right code ID and cover when posting

Since people tend to use the DVD and BluRay ID codes interchangeably, here's some best practice to follow with examples that will make it easier for people to find what's available:

When starting a new thread, include both the DVD ID code and the BluRay ID code in the title but don't do the same for your post, only in the thread title.

If the source is SD(540p and down), you should use the DVD code and DVD cover, even if it's a streaming service web version.
DVD_template_v2.jpg

If the source is HD(720p and up), you should use the BluRay code and BluRay cover, even if it's a streaming service web version.
BD_template_v2.jpg

Do make sure the filename also matches the correct code.

Unusual cases​

• If you post an upscaled video from SD to HD, you should use the DVD code and DVD cover since the source is SD but make sure it's marked as an upscale.
  • If you made your own SD re-encode from the HD version, you should use the BluRay code and BluRay cover since the source is HD and you can post both(HD and SD) in the same post.
  • If you don't know what the source is(in case you're not the one who made the rip), then simply assume SD = DVD and HD = BluRay. Optionally, you can add a note saying you don't know the source.
  • If you want to post both an SD version that comes from an SD source and an HD version that comes with an HD source, you should make 2 separate posts in the same thread.
  • If one or both cover don't exist or are impossible to find or you run into something not mentioned in here, just do your best.

Last edited:

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Reactions: CoolKevin

hairy_bush

SLF Refugee
May 20, 2016
Hello mods thank you for clarifying posting guidelines.

I have a question though. What about older vids, some of the older vids had multiple separate threads with dead links and dead screenshot links or has no info about the old vid, how should I post a new torrent for an old vid? Which thread should I choose then?

I see in the guidelines it says I should warn the original poster, but what if said poster is long gone, how long should I wait for a response or no response?

Last edited:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Hello mods thank you for clarifying posting guidelines.

I have a question though. What about older vids, some of the older vids had multiple separate threads with dead links and dead screenshot links or has no info about the old vid, how should I post a new torrent for an old vid?

I see in the guidelines it says I should warn the original poster, but what if said poster is long gone, how long should I wait for a response or no response?

if the poster has not been around for some time, it is ok to post, a few days wait should suffice, it is mainly common sense and etiquette

hairy_bush

SLF Refugee
May 20, 2016
Under the new guidelines, How should I handle torrent packs? Torrents with different vids, such as from Runbkk

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
The same way as when you asked 7 years ago. The "new" guidelines have been written down(they've been around for a long time, but simply told directly to the people affected by it) to solve a problem that is present in the ddl section because of competition between uploaders.

This problem is unlikely to be present in the torrent section so you don't have to worry about it too much as long as you use common sense.